It was a good season

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will be division cellar and stay there by next Monday. WE LASTED 3 WEEKS!! Two longer than I expected to remain interesting.

Well done Sox. You guys are genius.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
They will stay out of the cellar until May 1st. This is team of overachievers.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I hope they get to the cellar and stay there. This is a rebuild. Thinking otherwise is foolish.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We will be division cellar and stay there by next Monday. WE LASTED 3 WEEKS!! Two longer than I expected to remain interesting.

Well done Sox. You guys are genius.

I figured that out pretty quickly when their lead-off man was something like 0-23 in the season. Did he ever get a hit?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope they get to the cellar and stay there. This is a rebuild. Thinking otherwise is foolish.

And a very shitty rebuild it is:(

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Hawk, It's been a good start to the rebuild. The players they have gotten have basically all been performing very, very well.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hawk, It's been a good start to the rebuild. The players they have gotten have basically all been performing very, very well.

I don't think that this is my idea of a rebuild. It is just kicking the can down the road. They had a chance a couple of years ago to make a real run at least for a division or wildcard title by spending some money. Reinny is a terrible owner who doesn't want to spend money and has no clue either of how to really build a lasting championship caliber team. When I look the White SOx sorry state of the outfield and catching I want to puke. The infield is solid and the pitching pretty good over-all. What I expect is for them to wreck the infield this season and be even worse next year. Reinny is clueless.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think that this is my idea of a rebuild. It is just kicking the can down the road. They had a chance a couple of years ago to make a real run at least for a division or wildcard title by spending some money. Reinny is a terrible owner who doesn't want to spend money and has no clue either of how to really build a lasting championship caliber team. When I look the White SOx sorry state of the outfield and catching I want to puke. The infield is solid and the pitching pretty good over-all. What I expect is for them to wreck the infield this season and be even worse next year. Reinny is clueless.
He has no reason to spend right now. The attendance isn't there. What he's doing is building up offensive potential in the minors. As well as some super solid pitching. As long as the buildup of the offense continues he will have built sustainable success.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has no reason to spend right now. The attendance isn't there. What he's doing is building up offensive potential in the minors. As well as some super solid pitching. As long as the buildup of the offense continues he will have built sustainable success.

THe problem is Reinny and his false notion about attendance not being there. Sox fandom is not the Cubs fandom who blindly still filled the seats when their club stunk. They had a really chance to build a good team and pissed it away. One of the best pitching staffs in all of baseball heading it up. All they needed really was a good catcher and two left handed hitting position players. Their outfield stinks and their catching stinks. THere are holes all over the batting line-up with other teams pitching around the few good hitters to get to the clueless others.

We've had this discussion before, Brett. I just hate Reinny as the team owner of both the Bulls and the Sox. Throw in the McCaskey's and Chicago has two of the most fucked ownership groups in all of sports.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Jerry arguably is the greatest owner in Chicago History. He's brought in 7 championships.

The Sox have one of the worst attendances year in and year out. You are right they aren't the Cubs. But they are basically the Marlins and that means that really there's not a lot of us to sustain the team to spend like you want them too. I am not saying get rid of the team or move them, but to say those aren't two possibilities would be me just playing homer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jerry arguably is the greatest owner in Chicago History. He's brought in 7 championships.

The Sox have one of the worst attendances year in and year out. You are right they aren't the Cubs. But they are basically the Marlins and that means that really there's not a lot of us to sustain the team to spend like you want them too. I am not saying get rid of the team or move them, but to say those aren't two possibilities would be me just playing homer.

I just disagree about the entire attendance question. I believe that fans deserve to see a good team play when they pay their hard earned money. Reinny just doesn't get it. He goes about running his teams with half measures and hope for a miracle. I like Hahn but there is only so much he can do with the scraps of money that Reinny gives him to spend.

As for Reinny winning 7 championships, the only thing that gave him 6 of those championships was a fellow named Jordan and he even managed to fuck that up also.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Even when the White Sox have a solid team the fans don't come out until the last few weeks of September. The evidence is there.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even when the White Sox have a solid team the fans don't come out until the last few weeks of September. The evidence is there.

they are doing well. With minny/K.c./and detroit struggling the cellar may not EVER come. However, the fans aren't there because the White Sox aren't trying. They had a reasonable chance to build this ship and they blew it up when they traded Sale.

We all liked the Eaton trade, and now its robbery. But to paint Sale as a malcontent along with him I just don't get. Pitchers are in the clubhouse for one half of one game once a week. Pitchers that want to win, nobody ever has a problem with that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
they are doing well. With minny/K.c./and detroit struggling the cellar may not EVER come. However, the fans aren't there because the White Sox aren't trying. They had a reasonable chance to build this ship and they blew it up when they traded Sale.

We all liked the Eaton trade, and now its robbery. But to paint Sale as a malcontent along with him I just don't get. Pitchers are in the clubhouse for one half of one game once a week. Pitchers that want to win, nobody ever has a problem with that.
No credible person is painting Sale as a malcontent which is why the trade was made. Not for Eaton either which we obviously got back already a win for that deal. The Sale deal was done to sell him off high. I would have liked to have gotten a bit more for him, but what we got is stellar and that's just a month into the season.
We've got multiple guys that should have reasonable shots at being special players at the big league level and several of those guys are from the offload of Chris Sale. They sold high on Chris. Time will tell if they did the right thing, but early returns shows this trade as a win for the White Sox.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No credible person is painting Sale as a malcontent which is why the trade was made. Not for Eaton either which we obviously got back already a win for that deal. The Sale deal was done to sell him off high. I would have liked to have gotten a bit more for him, but what we got is stellar and that's just a month into the season.
We've got multiple guys that should have reasonable shots at being special players at the big league level and several of those guys are from the offload of Chris Sale. They sold high on Chris. Time will tell if they did the right thing, but early returns shows this trade as a win for the White Sox.

My problem is who they don't have. They have a very shitty outfield both offensively and defensively over-all. They have lousy catching. THey do not have even one legit left handed hitter let alone alone a power hitter. When you take a look at last night's line-up, take a look at the bottom of the order. It'll make you want to puke.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I agree with you, but it's a rebuild. Everything you mentioned would be true even if we had Sale. We have a spec is Basabe. He's going to be a piece. At catcher we have Collins so another piece. Neither will be ready this year and that is fine. They have time to develop. Future trades are going to net OF and cornermen I believe.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did you hope to achieve by keeping Sale?

It would be just mediocre season after season.

They would have to keep retooling. Do you think Sale would want to stick around?

His time was limited ever since he threw a temper tantrum and cut up those jerseys.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They could have pushed to get to a post-season in the next 3 years, and Sale would be a nightmare in a playoff series.