In Memoriam: HHM Gameday Foodblog Thread, Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Game 4

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rinne is playing out of his mind. Gun root for the Preds to win it all now.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Can't agree with that. He played well in game 1 and the 3rd period of game 4 but he wasn't challenged in the other two games except for second period of game 3 and when he gave up two goals. He was better than he normally is but he will come back to earth soon. He's just not that good.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I can't root for them. Just can't. If nothing more then because of the stupid fans and their chants.

Ditto. Fuck Nashville.

Can't agree with that. He played well in game 1 and the 3rd period of game 4 but he wasn't challenged in the other two games except for second period of game 3 and when he gave up two goals. He was better than he normally is but he will come back to earth soon. He's just not that good.

Agreed. I think that's yet another disappointment about the sweep ... the longer the series went, the more likely they were to finally expose him. Rinne hasn't been that great for 3-4 years now. But a lot of goalies can put together a solid 4-game stretch. And the Hawks just didn't do enough to make him work for his saves.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Having good players would help. Toews is a 4th liner at this point. Oduya, Anisimov, Keith and Seabrook should all be out of the league.

Dynasty is over, fellas. Prepare for McDavid winning 10 cups in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL is he gonna play defense for the Oilers, too?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks did a poor job of challenging Mr. Pecker with poor shot selection which I credit to the Nashville defense. He was good but if the Hawks O could have worked the puck, he's very beatable.

Gotta wonder aboot Cptn Donut, around allstar voting it was said he felt embarrased that other players had better numbers than him and weren't being recognised. That was when he got hot during the season. So he stepped up his play...too bad he couldn't have done that vs Preds. Some Captains lead by their play, some are vocal, something was missing.

I definitely won't be rooting for Nashville for the same reasons Tater mentioned.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Preds will get bounced out next round.
They played amazing this round against a Hawks team that looked like they thought they were going to breeze through them.

It's a wakeup call for all of us.
The Blackhawks and their fans walked into this series like Apollo Creed vs. Ivan Drago in Rocky IV and we know how that turned out.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
LOL is he gonna play defense for the Oilers, too?

Well if he's playing the Hawks, he wouldn't need to because our guys would just shoot it directly at the goalie's chest anyways.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Is Toews the most over paid player in the NHL?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One would think $10.5 million could buy you a playoff goal
It does, just one ever 748 playoff game minutes.

Disappointed to see the Blackhawks lose in 4 straight. Offense just couldn't get it done. Have to credit the Preds and Rinne for that one. More than blaming the Hawks for losing, I'm in the camp of tipping my hat to the Preds who played great against the Blackhawks. They clearly had a plan and executed it. Still plenty of great playoffs to watch, just unfortunate that the Blackhawks won't be part of it. Just how it goes sometimes.

It can be both. No one that calls themselves a hockey fan can do anything but tip their hats to the Preds. They played one hell of a good game: They played cohesively with a game plan that all of their players executed with a pack mentialty. That may not get you all the way to the cup, but that will get you very far.

HOWEVER

You look at the marquee names we have, and not only didn't they get it done, they completely shit the bed in such a spectacular fashion that many are still speechless. It's not that they lost, but the blame is for *how* they lost. They fight tooth and nail against a superior foe in 2009, yeah, it's stomachable. Bad bounce in 2011 and 2014, yeah, it's stomachable. "Gassed" team in 2016, ugh. Discombobulated team in 2012...pisses you off. Playing with no cohesiveness, heart, intensity, 2 of the 3 captains giving up on plays, not being in playoff shape, *and* spending that level of quiddage on them--makes you wish they were bag skated all summer.

Nashville could have very well beated the February 'hawk team, but at least the February 'hawk team would have gone down swinging and would have reason to hold their heads up high. Not the 'playoff 'hawks; they should be ashamed.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't jump on the bandwagon years ago for this :(

This team needs some new life instilled in them. They played like a bunch of corpses this year.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Catching pucks thrown right at your glove or blocking shots from a near 90 degree angle to the goal is "playing out of your mind"?

Besides that derp where he left the net and dove back just in time to keep the puck out of his net, when did he have a highlight reel save?

The Hawks missed the net on 50% of their shots... the Preds skaters blocked another 25% of the shots.... And about 99% of the shots that got to Rinne hit him in the midsection/glove and were shots he saw all the way in because the Hawks never got in front of him, never gave him trouble, never got physical with him.

I hate to harp on the casual hockey fan, but Rinne played a very average game while his D and FWDs played out of their minds.... I've never seen a team suffocate in all 3 zones the way the Preds did.

And even when they didn't, the Hawk players were so bad they could barely put decent shots on him.... his job was very easy considering the context around him.

I have nothing against Rinne, he did his job, but it really pisses me off when the goalie is given credit for the work the skaters do in front of him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I didn't jump on the bandwagon years ago for this :(

This team needs some new life instilled in them. They played like a bunch of corpses this year.

You don't get the No. 1 seed by playing like a bunch of corpses. This last round sucked, and was probably the most disappointing postseason in at least 20 years for the Hawks. But there's a reason why many of us were quite confident the Hawks would handle the Preds in this series.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't get the No. 1 seed by playing like a bunch of corpses. This last round sucked, and was probably the most disappointing postseason in at least 20 years for the Hawks. But there's a reason why many of us were quite confident the Hawks would handle the Preds in this series.
Sorry, by this year I meant this postseason. Obviously they did great in the regular season because that doesn't happen by mistake.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I'm not interested in singling out any individual players, this was a collective effort. Too old, small, and especially slow. They lose most board battles, not to mention faceoffs.

The sheer skill level and epic puck possession of past years is but now a memory, albeit a very happy one.

We have reached the inevitable: time to blow it up.

Say goodbye to #50, #16, a rookie or two, and hopefully either #7 or #15.

Not that I want to see any of them go, but........ this team us heading South quickly and painful changes are mandatory with this roster and in this cap hell.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have any of the hidden injuries come out yet? I'm guessing Keith, Toews, Anisimov, Oduya all had some lingering injury or something new wrong.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Have any of the hidden injuries come out yet? I'm guessing Keith, Toews, Anisimov, Oduya all had some lingering injury or something new wrong.

That'll probably happen on locker clean-out day. Assuming that'll come up in the next day or two.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
Toews needs to take that C off. Capt my ass. 10.5 million to disappear again

I wish he could be traded seriously, he is starting to remind me of Cutler and his contract as far as value goes..I think Toews time with the Hawks is nearing an end. He either plays to the expectation of that fat contract, or trade him for prospects even eating some of the money shouldn't worry Stan at this point. Look at what the New England Patriots do, they know it's a what have you done lately business and there is no place for complacency in that franchise, the Blackhawks are now in the position to take a hard look at the value they are getting from the core players and will have to make some hard but necessary decisions. Coach Q did a nice job integrating the young players in the regular season, but he let his team coast into the playoffs trusting and counting on his experienced veterans to turn on the switch and set the example for the young guys and his core of "stars" flat out shit themselves in the most shameful way possible and they should all feel embarrassed of themselves for the lack of heart and guts in this 1st rd playoff series..