What Happens to Coaching Staff if Fox & Friends Draft a QB?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems Pace has been pretty upfront with ownership regarding the plan. Has a 5 year contract. Results WILL be expected this year unless the team plane goes down again. Fox is along for the ride & hasn't done anything egregious to warrant firing beyond shit record so far. I don't see anything changing barring another shit season. Prob. need 7-8 wins to maintain or Fox's seat will be hot for sure.

We all knew it would be a TOTAL rebuild. Well, maybe not all.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Seems Pace has been pretty upfront with ownership regarding the plan. Has a 5 year contract. Results WILL be expected this year unless the team plane goes down again. Fox is along for the ride & hasn't done anything egregious to warrant firing beyond shit record so far. I don't see anything changing barring another shit season. Prob. need 7-8 wins to maintain or Fox's seat will be hot for sure.

Huh?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft a QB does John Fox get an extra 2-3 years as the Bears head coach? If Kevin White pans out this season it's even more of a reason to keep John Fox because his first round draft picks have done well and he is improving this team on paper.

The only way I see John Fox getting fired is if he sticks with Mike Glennon and they fail.

That's the reason I think he drafts and sits the rookie much of the year. If he drafts high and only brings the rookie in for a taste at the end of the year he's pretty much assured himself of another year. At least he's more assured of another year than any other move he can make because suddenly turning the team into a Super Bowl contender in 2017 isn't going to happen.

If he goes with Glennon, sure you were forced into Cutler, but you had your time to build the team and now you've got your QB, put up or get out.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Interesting idea on Pace vs Fox. If that's the case no QB is drafted. Fox gets to play with Glennon.
But if you were going to set Fox up to fail why not just fire him now?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a bit more respect for both Fox and Pace then evidently some do on here, and I don't necessarily mean here anything to do with abilities as a head coach or a General Manager. I mean as people with integrity.

I just do not believe that either one of them would run this team in such a way that they would make any sort of decisions based on their job security versus the best thing for the team. In fact I am 100% sure that John Fox would always act in the best interest of the team over his job security, and I think the same would be true of Pace, but he just does not have the longevity of background that John Fox has.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If today is one of those rare days you believe Hub, he's maintained that Pace wanted Bowles, and it was Accorsi who suggested Fox.

My understanding as well.

I see much cunting in this thread.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

7-8 is doable.