The Problem With the Whole League

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
The main problem we all know is the lack of quarterbacks and more importantly quarterback development. It's to the point where, for the last how many years the top picks in the first round are dictated by QB-needy teams. It's became a derby where the teams drafting early are defined by the quarterbacks of that year.

So who fits for us?

I say Watson, but you can (and we have) made an argument about seven different guys. Analyst's say up to five guys can go in the first round and we know that's crazy.

A player like Mahomes, easily the most terrifying choice, would never receive the care and development needed from Bears coaches. That's not a knock on John Fox, who sucks, It's just been that way my whole life.

Without talking about draft order or value, given the Bears terrible history of developing...anybody, who do you guys think can make it in this dump hole franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ - just draft Mitch Trubisky and call it a day.

This is not hard, folks. He's the best QB. We suck at QB. Take him. Why is this not obvious?

So if I was the best QB available, you would select a fat, 6 foot, slow, out of shape bastard in his early 30s instead of a shutdown DB?

That unimpeachable logic tho'

Lol at the Meatballs thinking it's balls the Bears are lacking if they don't Patrick Mahomes at QB....

The main problem is the league tried to cater to fantasy monkeys who lovessss huge Off. stats and QB/WR numbers in the stratosphere...so they turned the league into CFL light.

No thanks, i'll be watching THE Ohio St. smashing fools and Notre Sham getting golden showered by Temple or Navy or whatever also-ran ACC team they're playing this yr.

STOP WATCHING THE NFL OUTSIDE OF THE BEARS AND PLAYOFFS.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The Bears are way to big of pussies to go QB at 3.

They were to scared to pull the trigger on Mariota and he is better than these guys.

And you know this how??? If what Tennessee was asking was ridiculous I wouldn't have taken it either. Your posts are very bi-polar. One post you seem excited the Bears will draft a QB and the next you say they're too big of pussies to draft a QB.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Looks to me like the Bears have brought in a one year QB (Glennon) to allow them to have development time with a drafted QB which in the long term could be a great investment. Only real question is who they see as that development project and if they would be prepared to take the risk of waiting to #36 before pulling the trigger.

For me spending $16M on Glennon and a little bit on Sanchez to ensure the right conditions for that development process suggests that Pace takes his man at #3 and if that's the case then it will either be Trubisky or Watson (with the latter seemingly having the stronger media links/rumours of late).

No problem if Bears go Jamal Adams and then their QB choice at #36 but seems like a big risk

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Looks to me like the Bears have brought in a one year QB (Glennon) to allow them to have development time with a drafted QB which in the long term could be a great investment. Only real question is who they see as that development project and if they would be prepared to take the risk of waiting to #36 before pulling the trigger.

For me spending $16M on Glennon and a little bit on Sanchez to ensure the right conditions for that development process suggests that Pace takes his man at #3 and if that's the case then it will either be Trubisky or Watson (with the latter seemingly having the stronger media links/rumours of late).

No problem if Bears go Jamal Adams and then their QB choice at #36 but seems like a big risk

I really dont see the risk, as much as we hear that there could be 4 QBs taken in the first round this year, it could be just as likely that only one gets taken.

Also, people go on about Glennon's contract effectively being 1-year. But come on, there is nothing stopping them from hanging on for the entirety of the contract. It isnt harming the team in any way, we arent in cap hell so we dont need to shed the weight, and there is the very real circumstance that Pace might not like ANY QB in this draft.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Better to trade down with ... say Carolina at 8 ... and:

a) pick up one of the QBs you wanted at 3 and have extra picks this year and next
b) pick up Hooker who has proven that he is special at FS and have the bullets to move up into the back end of the 1st and still get one of the top QBs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The main problem we all know is the lack of quarterbacks and more importantly quarterback development. It's to the point where, for the last how many years the top picks in the first round are dictated by QB-needy teams. It's became a derby where the teams drafting early are defined by the quarterbacks of that year.

So who fits for us?

I say Watson, but you can (and we have) made an argument about seven different guys. Analyst's say up to five guys can go in the first round and we know that's crazy.

A player like Mahomes, easily the most terrifying choice, would never receive the care and development needed from Bears coaches. That's not a knock on John Fox, who sucks, It's just been that way my whole life.

Without talking about draft order or value, given the Bears terrible history of developing...anybody, who do you guys think can make it in this dump hole franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason we got Glennon and Sanchez is to not be forced into rushing a QB pick to play and top have a good learning environment if we take one. Glennon was a team fav that got along with Winston and help where he could. Sanchez was said to have helped Prescott quite a bit. It would be a VG situation for a young QB that needs tutoring. Bears history with QBs has nothing to do with this regime that had few options at the position and just helped get 2 of last years backups paid.

Liked Posts:

They were to scared to pull the trigger on Mariota and he is better than these guys.

I understand the desperate need for a QB but why draft one at #3 if we aren't getting a better player than Mariota? Mariota is good, he is nothing special as of now.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

This is not hard, folks. He's the best QB. We suck at QB. Take him. Why is this not obvious?
why because Trubinsky is not the best QB in the draft.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am pretty sure they tried to pull the trigger on Mariota but Tennessee would not play ball....

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I understand the desperate need for a QB but why draft one at #3 if we aren't getting a better player than Mariota? Mariota is good, he is nothing special as of now.

Mariota posted 90+ passer ratings in his first 2 years and nearly a 3-1 TD-INT ratio last year. He's one of the best young QBs in the game. That's pretty special.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I like that Glennon kid....

But seriously, if Pace and Fox and Dowell all think that Glennon is better than any of these guys then we simply are not going to take a QB early.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is only for those who think he is the best qb option out there. Hell, I remember a lot of people thought that Manning was not the best quarterback in his draft year. How did the other guy work out for San Diego that year?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
All your tarot cards are seriously screwed up. Get a new deck!