Fire Q, demote Bowman, trade everyone.

Or something like that.

Discuss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess they all had too much fun with their long summer off last year and wanted to repeat it.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We have to try to move a couple of these bigger contracts if we can, but this one stings.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
We have to try to move a couple of these bigger contracts if we can, but this one stings.

Hope it's Seabrook and they don't have to include a young prospect in the deal. I'd rather eat some money than do that (don't want a repeat of losing TT in the Bigfoot salary dump).

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey!
I don't have any ticket balance due until July.
Suck on that, Wirtz.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, I think most, if not all of the 'hawks values dropped like the value of Paramount stock after the release of "KaZaam!" The summer will be very interesting because it might now be who *should* go, but who can go for the lease amount of trash coming back.

The summer, especially with expansion, is going to be interesting. Neat year even moreso.

I also wouldn't be surprised if a captaincy (not necessarily any specific captain, but one of them) changes.

"...not with a bang, but with a whimper."

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They would really move Toews?

On one hand, I think with Toews, Kane & Keith--Before if another GM called and asked about them he'd hang right up. I think now he at least listens.

On the other hand, Toews, Keith, and to a lesser extent Kane have so much negative value after their showing in the playoffs that I not only doubt any GM would ask about them, but the offer would involve us taking on too much trash to even consider it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seabrook needs to spend the offseason dropping 30lbs and building his fucking speed up or he is done.... dude looked like Rozival out there.

He don't hit for shit anymore anyways, so he can get smaller and keep playing.

Idk what is wrong with Toews but they better address it with him over the offseason.... 2 years now of limited or zero offensive production, enough is enough.... they pay you a 10.5M contract, it aint so you can be a 3rd line C who is great defensively and scores the occasional goal. Come back next year and wow us, or pack you fucking bags.... if it was a 7M contract I might have 1 more year of patience, but at 10.5M you need to be scoring and carrying that top line on your back if needed.

Panarin... we gave you money and 2 years in a row now you can't do shit in the playoffs... turning into the Andy Dalton of Hockey breh, pick it up.

Schmaltz, Hartman, Hinistroza.... it was your first year in the playoffs, but your effort and mental awareness out there was as bad as the rest of the team, but at least we're not paying you a ton of money.

Kempny... you looked good in spurts, that is why you sat most of the playoffs.... be consistent and keep old slow fucks off the ice please.

At the end of the day I think our leaders failed this team.... Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Kane, AA.... they projected an air of semi-apathy in the first 2 games... like assuming someone else would spark the team and start the scoring... They looked slow and incompetent and that left our young guys scrambling and following suit....

Nashville outworked us for 4 straight games.... game on the line, season on the line, it never seemed to matter, the Hawks kept making dumb/lazy mistakes for the 100th time in the series.... errant passes, passes into skates, dump ins no one chased, shots that never came near the net, not going to the blue paint, passing pucks to empty points cause you didn't check if the D had activated, lazy/incompetent clearing from your own zone, line changes while in the middle of attempting offensive possession, choosing not to hit the Preds for a good portion of games (Toews choosing not to hit Subban in game 4, wtf?), failing to keep the puck in at the blue line over and over and over, pushing the puck back to the blue line in the offensive zone when Nashville wants that and uses it to force you out....

I mean I could keep going but you all watched the games.... the Hawks didn't just get beat... Nashville played really well and beat us, but the Hawks kept making choices that equated to quitting on this season in my mind. The coaching was awful IMO for the first time in a long time.... but the effort of the entire team was so lacking it was shocking. Nashville even let up in Game 4, I could tell they were not as hard on us in any zone, whether fatigue or choice, and we still could not put the puck in the net.

Oh and whiffing on shots.... I think I saw like 5 goals we didn't get because guys simply whiffed on shots... that is mental BS.... you get so excited, you lose your composure... but the entire team was doing it, and it was embarrassing to watch.

I hope the entire team looks at this failure and it sticks in their craw... I hope it motivates these guys for next year.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd seriously, seriously, seriously doubt that.

Why?
We're not talking aboot Toews of 5 years ago.
He's still in his prime, but if that prime gets you 50-60 points, why pay 10.5m for it? Leadership isn't worth that much.

It will be interesting what his next contract looks like.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The perimeter offense killed them and decreased their prime scoring chances. If you could get a dude like Hartnell was 6 years ago, that would be ideal, but how many of those guys exist in the current NHL?
I was watching other games yesterday and none of those teams were being stopped by any sort of neutral zone D. The Hawks couldn't gain possession at the center red line, let alone get the puck in the O zone. The cycle has disappeared, and it's basically dump, chase, fire out to the point, shot, D blocks, puck is now possessed by the Preds. Rinse. Repeat.

darkvirage

Liked Posts:
The big boys need to take a long look in the mirror after this one. Shitty way to end the season, no doubt about it.

Nashville just flat-out wanted it more (I know that's chiche, but it's true). I think they'll move - or try to move - one of the big guys this off-season. It's just a gut feeling...something needs to be done to shake up the team chemistry a bit. I'd guess it'll be one of the d-men (I think we'd all prefer Seabs at this point). Maybe DeBrincat can come in and play on the top 6 and add a spark we've been missing since losing Saad. The in-season post about forward depth ended up being spot on for the most part. Hopefully Schmaltz, Hartman, Kero, Hino, etc learn from this experience - it's a different game come playoff time. My biggest disappointment is the awful play by our "star" players...they've been there...they know what it takes and they just didn't rise to the challenge.

Bottom line, there's a lot of unpleasantness to think about over the summer and that just sucks. There were some moments late in the season I thought for sure we'd make a deep run, if not win it all. We've been pretty spoiled in the last decade with some incredible hockey; I just hope it's the law of averages coming into play here and next year we can get back to at least the second round or further.

/end introspective rant

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Why?
We're not talking aboot Toews of 5 years ago.
He's still in his prime, but if that prime gets you 50-60 points, why pay 10.5m for it? Leadership isn't worth that much.

It will be interesting what his next contract looks like.

Who's going to take on that contract? And I don't see the Hawks trading the face of their franchise. Whether or not they should is another debate, but I just don't see it happening IMO.

Also, one thing to come out of this season? I think the Hawks have a proper rival again. The Hawks/Kings rivalry died out as LA got gashed by the salary cap. The Blues had a few good moments but I think that team is on it's way down. Nashville, on the other hand, appears to be on the way up. There's a very good chance the Hawks will have to go through Nashville again next season.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
MVP for the Predators was Anisimov. Anisimov's performance was the worst in NHL history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
MVP for the Predators was Anisimov. Anisimov's performance was the worst in NHL history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it wrong for a mod to tell you to shut the fuck up already? Because I feel like it's a good time to tell you to shut the fuck up already.

So shut the fuck up already.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
An idea I've read/seen floated in several instances already since last night: trade Panarin and get a fast, puck-moving D-man for the top four.

I think I like it.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I think most, if not all of the 'hawks values dropped like the value of Paramount stock after the release of "KaZaam!" The summer will be very interesting because it might now be who *should* go, but who can go for the lease amount of trash coming back.

The summer, especially with expansion, is going to be interesting. Neat year even moreso.

I also wouldn't be surprised if a captaincy (not necessarily any specific captain, but one of them) changes.

"...not with a bang, but with a whimper."

Kruger, Crawford, Seabs (maybe) gonna move, and i suspect we lose 2 of Schmaltz/Motte/Kero as "additional consideration" in those trades.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
On one hand, I think with Toews, Kane & Keith--Before if another GM called and asked about them he'd hang right up. I think now he at least listens.

On the other hand, Toews, Keith, and to a lesser extent Kane have so much negative value after their showing in the playoffs that I not only doubt any GM would ask about them, but the offer would involve us taking on too much trash to even consider it.

Toews played at a $5.0MM level and is untradeable with his current price tag, Keith's value is greatly diminished since his greatest skill is speed and it is in moderate decline, but Kane is still a top-5 sniper in the world, he would return a treasure trove in trade value, but he's not going anywhere.