Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They actually need to cut to 21, then ltir Hossa and Rozival.

So if cat or forsling or anyone else waiver excempt is cut near the end, it might be not for long.

Gus and Pokka both lost out in the competition, it's possible 1 is claimed but neither showed up looking like NHL caliber Still. Oestele and Ruuta outplayed them and Forsling still has the biggest ceiling. For him "the ceiling is the roof"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It sure would be nice if during the "Intermission Report", they could interrupt all the Bears and Cubs talk and mention Hawk players that got sent down or what they think the opening night roster would be...ya know...talk about the sport we are watching. Not talk about the same crap on every other local sports channel.

P.S. Yes, I'm still holding out hope that Hoss has been secretly practicing in Europe all summer, and will make a HUGE appearance opening night.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any Hoss sightings? He's gotta be practicing somewhere that someone noticed.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
http://www.letsgohawks.net/2017/10/02/breaking-hawks-make-roster-move/

All I heard about Hoss was that he did get a doctor outside of the organization to confirm the condition. Sorry if I read it there.

Tough for Vinnie, I though he did well this preseason, thought he was a good fourth line guy to track down pucks and keep some possession for the top lines.

Haydon looked to gain a fourth line big body role, with Schmaltz looking like he is sticking at center so Kero to the fourth with Haydon and pick of the nite.

Just hope they can depend on some kids for PK and not show Saad and Toews out there so much, Kero should take the other center shift and I guess since Hoss did it there should not be a problem with Toews and Saad, just need to start out strong on PK this year with this tough first 8

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
wow, guess they need to find out the Hossa situation eventually huh?

I liked Anton better than Berube anyway, but they protected Jurco for the draft. strange.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
They simply had an open spot and jurco was the only other valid forward

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wonder who was waived that the Hawks may take a look at.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most significent names I saw on list were Brooks Laich and Malcolm Subban.

Edit: And plenty of ex-Blackhawk 4th liners and tweeners

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
News just in: Rosie LTIR'ed

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That solves the send another person down issue. , they don't need to by that move so now it's 24 players remaining.

And for Rozi the ltir timing doesn't matter as his contract is a minimum contract anyway.

I'm not sure if they have to officially announced Franson let go of the pto or not before but that'll happen, then the day 1 Hossa ltir the actually giving him a contract and he gets to be the new Rozi because Ruuta might start playing well enough people will begin getting mad at him bring scratched for Franson.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
That solves the send another person down issue. , they don't need to by that move so now it's 24 players remaining.

And for Rozi the ltir timing doesn't matter as his contract is a minimum contract anyway.

I'm not sure if they have to officially announced Franson let go of the pto or not before but that'll happen, then the day 1 Hossa ltir the actually giving him a contract and he gets to be the new Rozi because Ruuta might start playing well enough people will begin getting mad at him bring scratched for Franson.

Do they get any money back from Rosi on LTIR, or does it even matter because he would have just been gone anyway?

I mean cap space, not actual money.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do they get any money back from Rosi on LTIR, or does it even matter because he would have just been gone anyway?

I mean cap space, not actual money.
Probably...it's just 600k though so it's not much.

Will you be making the Thursday IGT (GDT)?

Cool! Probably a <10 game tryout, but you never know.
That's what I figure. As long as he's better than the depth guys I think he stays.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
That's what I figure. As long as he's better than the depth guys I think he stays.

To me this is part of the problem, real NHL game experience so the young guys can get better. You look back two years ago, and whether or not you would have gotten an D man to stick, I dont know, or a different path for a young forward, its always a betteran answer. If we took the time over these past two years to keep confidence in some kids we would have that guy already.