Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kruger, Crawford, Seabs (maybe) gonna move, and i suspect we lose 2 of Schmaltz/Motte/Kero as "additional consideration" in those trades.
They may not. No one here has the insight scoop to say for certain (and if they did they would be working for the Blackhawks, not posting on one of their message boards). Someone may take Crawford (if he waives)...or they might pass and take Darling. They may take Seabs (if he waives), or they might force the 'hawks into ditching Hjammer.

It takes 2 Gms (and sometimes the player) to tango--and I doubt any GM is going to help us in a cap-strapped situation taking 2nd-best pkayers without a trash-dump...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Is it wrong for a mod to tell you to shut the fuck up already? Because I feel like it's a good time to tell you to shut the fuck up already.

So shut the fuck up already.

Do you tell friends, family and work associates that you're a moderator on an internet message board?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Nashville played really well and beat us, but the Hawks kept making choices that equated to quitting on this season in my mind. The coaching was awful IMO for the first time in a long time.... but the effort of the entire team was so lacking it was shocking. Nashville even let up in Game 4, I could tell they were not as hard on us in any zone, whether fatigue or choice, and we still could not put the puck in the net.

IDK about that. From my perspective, Nashville was faster, stronger, and hungrier. They controlled the tempo and were the better team, I do not attribute that dynamic primarily to a lack of effort form CHI, despite the fact they looked a lot better in the regular season.

From what I saw of this team they were never nearly as good as their record indicated and I never believed they were a legit SC contender. 1st round exit is all they deserved this year.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
They may not. No one here has the insight scoop to say for certain (and if they did they would be working for the Blackhawks, not posting on one of their message boards). Someone may take Crawford (if he waives)...or they might pass and take Darling. They may take Seabs (if he waives), or they might force the 'hawks into ditching Hjammer.

It takes 2 Gms (and sometimes the player) to tango--and I doubt any GM is going to help us in a cap-strapped situation taking 2nd-best pkayers without a trash-dump...

I agree 100%, should have clarified that IMO the Hawks will attempt those moves.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I agree 100%, should have clarified that IMO the Hawks will attempt those moves.

Definitely the key word there. I don't think some of the contracts that the Hawks want to move are assigned to players who have a ton of trade value. Seabrook at the top of that list.

I think Kruger gets exposed in the expansion draft or gets shipped in a deal to free up some space. But outside of that, it's going to take a lot of work for Bowman to make it all work. Crawford and Panarin seem like the only two guys who'd fetch worthwhile returns in a deal, which is why I've seen people already float them as potential trade pieces.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you trade Crow you better be ready to pay Darling....

RacerX

Liked Posts:
Definitely the key word there. I don't think some of the contracts that the Hawks want to move are assigned to players who have a ton of trade value. Seabrook at the top of that list.

I think Kruger gets exposed in the expansion draft or gets shipped in a deal to free up some space. But outside of that, it's going to take a lot of work for Bowman to make it all work. Crawford and Panarin seem like the only two guys who'd fetch worthwhile returns in a deal, which is why I've seen people already float them as potential trade pieces.

Agreed, and any Seabs trade will likely require them to throw in 1 or 2 of Hino/Kero/Motte/Schmaltz, and we will obviously take back some salary as well.

Losing Seabs while Keith slows, Oduya is toast, Kempny is a 5/6 at best, basically leaves you with Hammer, TRD, and not much else. The winner among Darling and Crawford may be the one to get shipped out given the rapidly declining D, not to mention the undersized and soft bottom 6.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Agreed, and any Seabs trade will likely require them to throw in 1 or 2 of Hino/Kero/Motte/Schmaltz, and we will obviously take back some salary as well.

Losing Seabs while Keith slows, Oduya is toast, Kempny is a 5/6 at best, basically leaves you with Hammer, TRD, and not much else. The winner among Darling and Crawford may be the one to get shipped out given the rapidly declining D, not to mention the undersized and soft bottom 6.

Forgetting Gustav Forsling and I'm not convinced Kempny can't be a Top 4 guy.

Last edited:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crawford at 6 mil is a good contract, wouldn't move him considering the fact his replacement might be a little cheaper and not as good. Darling would be a step down from Crows level.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think most of us are stunned by this playoff series and are going bit overboard. This team still won 50 games in the regular season. Will there be changes? Sure, there always is with this team up against the cap. But if you look at it realistically, the only two guys whose cap hit is killing them is Toews and Seabrook. I guess given his age, you could include Hossa in there but I think his salary is at the point where it's declining. (I maybe wrong about that). They can't move Toews, not only because of his salary but because of his face being the face of this team. That leaves Seabrook. A team like Las Vegas might be interested in a "name" player to add to the list of nobodies they'll be getting in the expansion draft. He's probably got some sort of no trade deal, so it will take some persuasion to get it to happen....but worth a shot. Both Hammer and Kruger have movable deals....there's other dead weight, like Campbell, Rozy, Desjardins, Jurco, Tootoo and Oduya. Panik is a RFA. I don't believe Panarin is an option...he's what they need, a speedy, young winger...dealing him won't net a suitable replacement.

It's gonna be hard to deal as no one wants to help the Hawks. So, You gotta hope the kids they have continue to develop and possibly one or two more can make the step up.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I think most of us are stunned by this playoff series and are going bit overboard. This team still won 50 games in the regular season. Will there be changes? Sure, there always is with this team up against the cap. But if you look at it realistically, the only two guys whose cap hit is killing them is Toews and Seabrook. I guess given his age, you could include Hossa in there but I think his salary is at the point where it's declining. (I maybe wrong about that). They can't move Toews, not only because of his salary but because of his face being the face of this team. That leaves Seabrook. A team like Las Vegas might be interested in a "name" player to add to the list of nobodies they'll be getting in the expansion draft. He's probably got some sort of no trade deal, so it will take some persuasion to get it to happen....but worth a shot. Both Hammer and Kruger have movable deals....there's other dead weight, like Campbell, Rozy, Desjardins, Jurco, Tootoo and Oduya. Panik is a RFA. I don't believe Panarin is an option...he's what they need, a speedy, young winger...dealing him won't net a suitable replacement.

It's gonna be hard to deal as no one wants to help the Hawks. So, You gotta hope the kids they have continue to develop and possibly one or two more can make the step up.

They did indeed win 50 games. But, if you watched closely, their win total was extraordinarily misleading, that was about the weakest and most flawed 5o-game winner I can recall. Pedigree was that of a marginal-playoff team.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
They did indeed win 50 games. But, if you watched closely, their win total was extraordinarily misleading, that was about the weakest and most flawed 5o-game winner I can recall. Pedigree was that of a marginal-playoff team.

Oh I'd totally disagree with that. The Western Conference isn't anywhere near as tough as it was 2-3 years ago, but winning 50 of 82 games is not something that marginal playoff teams do.

Also: today is locker clean-out today. Should find out about any hidden injuries over the course of the next few hours.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of those guys will be looking at their locker for the last time.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh I'd totally disagree with that. The Western Conference isn't anywhere near as tough as it was 2-3 years ago, but winning 50 of 82 games is not something that marginal playoff teams do.

Also: today is locker clean-out today. Should find out about any hidden injuries over the course of the next few hours.

Oh, for sure. This is a pretty tight league. It's no longer a shock when a last place team beats up on a division leader. How you've won the games might have been a factor a few years ago, but not anymore. It's not how you win the games, it's if you win the games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If you trade Crow you better be ready to pay Darling....

I understand some of the vitriol sent Bowman's way, but I don't believe he'd move Crawford without some sort of deal in place with Darling.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sounds like Bowman was pretty pissed off during today's presser. Q in a similar mood. Could make for an interesting offseason.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I understand some of the vitriol sent Bowman's way, but I don't believe he'd move Crawford without some sort of deal in place with Darling.
Do you not remember the Khabi/Huet debacle?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not off the top of my head, no. Wasn't that under Tallon's watch?
Yeah...basically, Unless Stan is dumb, He will make sure Crawfird is gone before doing much with Darling

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah...basically, Unless Stan is dumb, He will make sure Crawfird is gone before doing much with Darling

At a bare minimum he'd have to go to Darling's agent and be aware of what salary Darling wants on a new deal before deciding to ship out Crawford. Corey makes just $6 million AAV which is a pretty damn good deal if you ask me. I imagine Darling would be somewhere in the $3-$4m AAV range.