Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would Bowman move Crawford and keep Darling...he isn't that stupid even if he saves a couple mil, he then weakens the goalie position.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Fwiw

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just saw video of Stan Bowman speaking to the media.... honestly his reaction makes me feel better.... he came out and said it... what happened was unacceptable on a number of different levels. He took accountability and accepted his part in the failure.

This is what I wanted to hear from Toews after the loss.... admit your extreme failure and own the fuck out of it.... I want to hear that from every player on the Hawks, but mostly I heard alot of generic "We didn't get it done....they wanted it more, we need to be better"... that stuff is all true, but leaders like Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, AA, Panarin.... those guys need to put it out there that they recognize that they failed on an individual level and contributed heavily to a failure of the entire team.

When you fail that badly, you need to own it more than you own your success.... because it means your recognize how badly you failed and that means you've learned a lesson.

I can deal with seeing the Hawks lose, but seeing them quit is unacceptable as Bowman said.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just saw video of Stan Bowman speaking to the media.... honestly his reaction makes me feel better.... he came out and said it... what happened was unacceptable on a number of different levels. He took accountability and accepted his part in the failure.

This is what I wanted to hear from Toews after the loss.... admit your extreme failure and own the fuck out of it.... I want to hear that from every player on the Hawks, but mostly I heard alot of generic "We didn't get it done....they wanted it more, we need to be better"... that stuff is all true, but leaders like Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Keith, AA, Panarin.... those guys need to put it out there that they recognize that they failed on an individual level and contributed heavily to a failure of the entire team.

When you fail that badly, you need to own it more than you own your success.... because it means your recognize how badly you failed and that means you've learned a lesson.

I can deal with seeing the Hawks lose, but seeing them quit is unacceptable as Bowman said.
Seabrook as well came out and said as much. Captain Intangibles? no such luck yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why would Bowman move Crawford and keep Darling...he isn't that stupid even if he saves a couple mil, he then weakens the goalie position.
IMHO this offseason it going to be the moves that *can* be made...not the ones that *should* be made since the bulk of the team's stock value dropped like United Airline's after a passenger beatdown.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMHO this offseason it going to be the moves that *can* be made...not the ones that *should* be made since the bulk of the team's stock value dropped like United Airline's after a passenger beatdown.

I agree but moving Crawford seems like the last change SB should consider unless he can pull a rising talented young goalie out out of Sweden or where ever.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, where's the damn IGT for tonight's game?!?!? I'm getting pumped up already for..... oh.....

sad-quotes-315.jpeg

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seabrook as well came out and said as much. Captain Intangibles? no such luck yet.

You got a link to Seabs interview saying as much?

Was it post-game? I can respect him owning the failure like Bowman did

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It was I'm old and slow, and cant skate better than T-Roz

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Bowmans part of this has been gutting our system for betterans. Last year choked us with Ladd, Weiss, Fleishman, would have been nice to have established Danault as the third line center. this year was Campbell and Oduya.

AA should have never come back. He was maybe at 50%, thats pushing it. Q did not scratch him even though he could not make it to the net or win any draws.

We all know Toews was not right all year, just followed the season to the playoffs. There were no real adjustments made by this coaching staff between game 1 and 4 to break the defense Nashville was playing.

I dont know what change is going to be, but with Fortin, Forsling, Kempy and TVR's appearance in the playoffs as the best defender on the team, can change finally mean keep faith in the kids? Sure sounds like a big name is going and they bring in another big name and keep us at the cap ceiling yet again.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Here's the best I could find without digging for the vid.
2b4c8be7fffc9e8505b3703669edabf3.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a world of respect for Q but to me, this years play-offs showed that his actions the tail end of the season resulted in the team being flat and out of sync first of all. And he was never able to respond to the challenge in the play-offs to get the offense rolling against Renne and company.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a world of respect for Q but to me, this years play-offs showed that his actions the tail end of the season resulted in the team being flat and out of sync first of all. And he was never able to respond to the challenge in the play-offs to get the offense rolling against Renne and company.

I think the time off at the end of the season was part to blame.... some of those guys were off for the better part of 2 weeks before we opened the series against Nashville and much like All-Star breaks they came back flat and playing shitty hockey.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

There needs to be more trust to the younger players. They seemed to be learning so much the first half of the season. Last year even Svedberg looked like an NHL defenseman. But one mistake and they are on the bench, and there was just no gas in the tanks of Campbell or Oduya to finish strong. Last game he chose to dress 7 instead of benching Oduya and have another forward on the ice.

The adjustments just were not evident at all between game 1 and 4. Cant just blame the players for that one.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Click around at the Blackhawks official website, I believe most of the interviews got posted there.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Click around at the Blackhawks official website, I believe most of the interviews got posted there.

The tweet was enough.... I trust he quoted Seabrook correctly.

I watched all of Toews post-game interview and just once wanted him to say "I let this team down, that C is on my chest and I didn't do anywhere near enough... I am the Captain and this team followed my lead and it was embarrassing. I am embarrassed by my performance and the effect it had on my team. I know I am not playing well enough and that is going to change."

Take it on you just the way Bowman did.... own the hell out of it, tell the brutally honest truth about how you failed, don't give me a bunch of "Idk they just wanted it more and hats off to them"... they did want it more, but that fact should have you fuming... the fact you didn't want it more, the fact you couldn't muster enough effort to carry the team to 1 single win in the playoffs should get you mad, get you motivated.

Maybe it did, maybe it will and he just didn't express it in that interview.... I certainly hope it does.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just so odd to hear you guys talk about Toews like this. Sure seemed like a year ago if you spoke of him like we are now, you'd get a paddling.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kitch out. Nothing says we won't tolerate a team that scored 3 goals like firing the coach who coached the D & PK the past 5 seasons.

Wonder if Dineen still has HC interview offers like what is Vancouver thinking... maybe Tallon will be weird and in his rehiring he will bring Dineen back to Florida

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just so odd to hear you guys talk about Toews like this. Sure seemed like a year ago if you spoke of him like we are now, you'd get a paddling.

I think because it's a far cry from the 2008 Toews who, as a rookie, called out the locker room containing guys like Lapointe, Lang, Havlat, etc. saying, "The team doesn't hate to lose enough."

A year ago the general consensus of Toews was that he had a seriously down year, and most of his supporters were saying stuff like, "He was gasses after the deep runs, he'll bounce back next year.

Didn't really happen...in fact, Hossa schooled him in Goals, Takeaways, and leadership in general--and made him look like Arkhipov in the playoffs in terms of tenacity. Yeah, we're talking about a Demigod of Hockey here, but still, Hossa was much more of a lead-by-example captain than Toews was this year, and that stings not only for Toews Paycheck, but looking forward you gotta wonder if Toews is, like Seabs, pissed at the outcome and his play, or just flipping lipservice.

Between Toews and Keith I think it's justified that the fans would be pissed at them because they got shellacked and looked like some of the worst guys on the ice in the playoffs, yet are comparatively blase about it as opposed to a couple of their teammates and GM that are rightfully upset. it's like a 180 from how they built their reputation.