Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Anyone have dates for cuts? When they'll start being much closer to what the official roster will be?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Anyone have dates for cuts? When they'll start being much closer to what the official roster will be?

They are already down to 40. Its not like football now, they go as they want so they can get kids back to the juniors and give Rockford a chance to get their guys back with enough time to prepare for their seasons.

They released Mitchell and Miller and Stuart from the PTO contracts.

Not happy we have not seen Fortin yet, maybe Saturday. He did play in the tournament. Toews was sick so scratched last night.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The new slashing rules are ridiculous. I really hope they slack off on enforcing once we get in to the regular season.

yeah...but it should favor the skill teams who shoot well.

Panarin's value went up, so did Kanes. Maybe Toews can adjust.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like Graham Knott is noteworthy. Can return at any time. And Bondra was already decided after prospect camp but disappoints me.

I would have liked to see them both play in pre-season more.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Big guys always take time. Knott is intriguing cause he can keep playing center at Rockford. Bondra finally needs a dominat ohl season. He looks great every camp but in the games he gets its not always there. Some guys work that way

Debrincat doesn't look great in camps, why he didn't make the last World Juniors team but shines in games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Svedburg, Fortin, Glass, Baun assigned to Rockford.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saad continued to look good, liked the energy he's shown. And who knew Jurco could forecheck or finish a check?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
People were talking poor on the D because all the LD were having issues but it was a main all Boston full unit for the most part and 5/6 playing are all guys battling for specifically the 5th, 6th, and 7th D spots.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Saad continued to look good, liked the energy he's shown. And who knew Jurco could forecheck or finish a check?

Over/under Saad ends up carrying the 1st line?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Over/under Saad ends up carrying the 1st line?

Panik is no joke though. I think the physical workload he takes on himself being a bigger guy definetely distracts him from points, but don't they say in practice he is like a jurco type wizard with a stick. well maybe not jurco or kane, but there is a reason he is the one finally able to supplant Hossa at RW and not have Q go back in emergencies or for last try.

I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know.

I just like the guy and the load he carried last year, and in the playoffs since the rest of the team quit except Panik, Kane, Hossa, and Rasmussen who got benched anyway, and to a degree Hartman who just seemed overwhelmed but isn't a quitter. Or course Crow but he just wasn't peaked. In 2016-17 Crow peaked in Nov-Dec.

But having a goalie whose peak level is stanley cup championship capable is the key. Then you roll the dice and try to peak them at the right time.

That could be key to this season, not stressing out Crow. Its nice to see Forsberg playing well, but I don't see Q changing his ways and expect many consecutive games for Crow when he is hot.

Oh well. Crow can do it anyway.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Things are going on with the team.

Curious if all 3 of Bouma, Wingels, TooToo are kept, or 1 may make way for Hino with speed or an extra center like apparently Kampf is getting the look Fortin got last year, and Debricat is making decisions nye impossible.

They are looking at Kampf at 2C even, wondering what his ceiling might be. This leads me to believe Kero/Smaltz are near the top of the trade watch list. More likely Kero but in terms of value bringing back something in return and not a perfect place on this team, etc...if a 2C, 2LW emerged Smatlz could be expendable. Not my choice, I like continuity and skill, but if they are testing the waters they are considering all their options.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Competition is good.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Delia assigned to Rockford.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why why why Delila.

With the Detroit game Cat looked ready at least pp wise again in a good game with a different line too, bring Toews and panik

Forsberg definitely is going to get he backup, hopefully Breube gets to Rockford though for a decent 3rd goalie in the fold.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dauphin, Kampf, Gustafsson assigned to Rockford.