Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was kruger eligible for trade 45 minutes ago or in 23 hours and 15 minutes?

Get his lazy quit on us the second he got paid overpaid sitting on his hands in the training room now ass the fuck out!!!

Fucking grunt that got the contract of grunt wet dreams and immediately became a bitchmaid the second he started eating steak and lobster. I hate that shit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kruger still with even more absurd 75-80% D zone time played to a positive results of far more plays in and ending in the ozone. To contrast Panarin had the opposite of 80% of his faceoff starts being in the ozone.

And everyone seems to be certain Sharp is back on a cheap deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Tommy Wingles from the Chicago area and with the Sharks so many years but was traded to Ottawa last year is gonna sign with the Hawks to.

He's kinda fallen from his peak but he's fast and can do some faceoff center play as a righty fir the bottom 6.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Other signings confirmed by TSN; Lance Bouma LW, Jean-Francois Berube G, and Jordan Oesterle D. Just glad I get to dust off my Sharp sweater....

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kruger officially dealt now post roster bonus to Vegas for the ever saucey sports term future considerations.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kruger officially dealt now post roster bonus to Vegas for the ever saucey sports term future considerations.

No cap coming back yet? IMHO solid move that puts us a metric shit-tonne closer to clearing cap. Sucks to lose Kruger but he wasn't bringing much for 3M.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No cap coming back yet? IMHO solid move that puts us a metric shit-tonne closer to clearing cap. Sucks to lose Kruger but he wasn't bringing much for 3M.
I woudn't say he wasn't bringing much, I think he brought a lot to the team that they are going to miss. Worth 3mil, probably not, and hard to define since so much of what he did wasn't about stats and score-sheet but equilibrium and being dependable. Faceoffs, defense, spacing, defense, fore/back checking, defense, PK, blocked shots, defense...

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I woudn't say he wasn't bringing much, I think he brought a lot to the team that they are going to miss. Worth 3mil, probably not, and hard to define since so much of what he did wasn't about stats and score-sheet but equilibrium and being dependable. Faceoffs, defense, spacing, defense, fore/back checking, defense, PK, blocked shots, defense...
Defense was just about it. He's been lousy at the dot recently. We needed cap and outside of Seabrook and Toews he was ripe for bringing the least bang-for-the-buck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Gustafsson finally signed today at a minimum level deal like Pokka did. Both are gonna be in the competition mix at the bottom of the roster.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yeah but his play dropped off steeply. He looked like a guy just skating around, going through the motions all season and even worse, didn't have another gear in the playoffs. He was paid for his effort and tenacity, physical workload and defense and with that gone he is addition by subtraction from the ice, ...now 3 million get the fuck out.

I obviously soured harshly on him, and I doubt that analysis is universal or even much shared regarding his play, but most agree he didn't play up to his contract.

I don't want to blame just Kruger, and I'm hella happy he got paid even though its best now to go somewhere else. The coaches did a shit job of fucking up his role, to the point that we didn't have a 4th line we could trust to take precious minutes to assist the aging stars, but also fucked up the third line and handcuffed Hossa.

So they fucked up two lines with their use of Kruger, leaving me no option but happy to see him go and force them to find other solutions.

We are neglectfully thin at center now. I guess its Kero and Smaltz.

Saad-Toews-Panik

Hayden/Debricat/Forslin-AA-Kane

Hartman-Smaltz-Sharp

Hino/Debricat/Desjardins-Kero-Forslin/Bondra/TooToo/Jurco

Bench- TooToo/Jurco/Desjardins
I'm telling you right now that Bondra will be hard to hold off the 4th line for the tootoo's and jurco's of the world. He is so versatile and brings size/strength, plus offensive skill. He has been consistent at every level and is the most likley to succeed making the jump. Still young, still makes bonehead penalties. Could be more physical and go to net more, but the package is more complete than these guys that do one thing.

Kane may have to carry someone, I'm for sure worried about the third line, and I am resigned to the 4th being shit.

Glad to hear Gus will get a competitive chance.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Kruger by most notable evaluations was one of the very best Hawks forwards during the playoffs... funny to think otherwise.

But through the actual season his injuries are limiting him and it does seem the hard D minutes and hits he takes all the time to make plays pile up. Just like Bolland it might not be a few more years out after being a Hawk that he can keep physically fit enough to play.

But the bottom 6 always had a stable line when he played.

I'm just seeing this offseason so oddly focused that people in same breathe complain the prospects need to play but are upset there aren't more vets in spots

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Campbell is announced to be retiring and joining the front office.

While that leaves open the lots of young LD to play though there's a rumor the Hawks will give a camp invite to Cody Franson and maybe if it fits sign him as a other RHD

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kruger by most notable evaluations was one of the very best Hawks forwards during the playoffs... funny to think otherwise.

But through the actual season his injuries are limiting him and it does seem the hard D minutes and hits he takes all the time to make plays pile up. Just like Bolland it might not be a few more years out after being a Hawk that he can keep physically fit enough to play.

But the bottom 6 always had a stable line when he played.

I'm just seeing this offseason so oddly focused that people in same breathe complain the prospects need to play but are upset there aren't more vets in spots

saw him skating around like a half speed gimp 80% of the series, and I went 4 games without seeing a blackhawk win a single board battle...

I guess that doesn't mean he wasn't one of the "best hawks forwards"... AA, Toews, Panarin, Smaltz were all indeed worse....confirmed agreement.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Soups was too sad to be without his sandwich and couldn't go on.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I nearly responded on Twitter... after seeing Kane in the new Adidas made sweater with the collars looking way to big n blocky, I say it's certainly not the time.

Hope that just maybe it looks different for some reason than will on ice or retail ones but if that's the option to go with, please keep buying discount ones until that sweater adjusts.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I personally aint buying knockoffs, but my sister/brother inlaw have been buying them thru a connection.

Last year we went in on one for my Dad for Xmas, it cost like 60$ and took like 5 months to get because they sent the wrong jersey and it takes like 6 weeks to fucking ship these things.

Never again.... they got me one as a present before this incident, I have a knockoff Keith jersey and an authentic Toews jersey.

If I am buying one I will buy the real thing...

Now let me get on my soap box about shirt-jerseys.... I recently thought I would go check out shirt-jerseys and pickup 5-6 of my favorites... I have 1 (Toews) and it is worn to shit after 5+ years.

They cost like 25-35$ a piece and are not much more than Black/Red t-shirts with lettering and a logo if you're lucky.

Idk why it bothers me so much, but I ain't forking out that much for shirt-jerseys.... I will wait for a sale or look for knockoffs.... it is hard to fuck up a godamned t-shirt.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I was never really offended by the shirsey. Seems like the cheap, affordable alternative to a full-on jersey. But sometimes those things are fading so badly after one or two washes that they ain't worth the $25-$30 price tag.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fake jerseys I have are all from 15+ years ago. All except a knock-off Hoss red I got as a gift from a friend. Just can't afford a real one, or to even go to a game anymore.