Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks traverse city rookie tournament is in the Championship game tonight, it's cool because the team is literally all but 2 guys a collection of players who will be in Rockford this year.

Debrincat has scored in this one and thus every game of the tourney.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This sounds promising. Other than a defenseman or two the one thing his team needs, particularly on the PP, is a guy who can finish.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep hearing that Press is ready. I wonder if he is going to make a move on Kempny, Rutta, and Forsling.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keep hearing that Press is ready. I wonder if he is going to make a move on Kempny, Rutta, and Forsling.

I think he will Press them.

See what I did there?

iu

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Where have you heard Press is ready?? He looked good at the Traverse Tourney playing with Snuggy but I don't get anything else out of that.

Robin Press was barely able to Crack Rockfords roster last year, he spent more time playing Indy Fuel ECHL games.

And if he was. He's not gonna make a move on players playing LHD like Kempny and Forsling. Maybe Snuggy could surprise push them but he has still another ahl year he can grow from and he'd have not only those 2 but also Gustafson and Oesterle to surpass. I can see him getting a game sometime in the year if injuries occur.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was making a Press joke. No idea if he is close to ready.

Last edited:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
DeBrincat fan :clap:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well the good news is one of your young defenders might make the 23 man roster since Rosival failed his physical. I know he is a great defender, was a great defender, but was as slow as Campbell last year and I would really prefer 22 games of a young d man learning the pro game.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The problem isn't 22 games of play but 60 games or sitting on a bench instead of playing anywhere.

Pokka I believe is no longer gonna be able to bypass waivers. Ruuta might be able to.. but maybe if Pokka gets a shot playing ahl games anymore doesn't matter. He's had 3 years there

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The problem isn't 22 games of play but 60 games or sitting on a bench instead of playing anywhere.

Pokka I believe is no longer gonna be able to bypass waivers. Ruuta might be able to.. but maybe if Pokka gets a shot playing ahl games anymore doesn't matter. He's had 3 years there

This. You want some guy for #7 (or #13, if FWD) that is enough of a seasoned vet that they can go long periods fetching-off Eddie-O and then come in without appreciable impact to their game--both current and future.

A rookie is not the answer there.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The good thing is maybe Franson fits better with a rotation not playing so much for him.

Seabs also could probably benefit from the occasional rest game but that's certainly not going to happen

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What will be the biggest surprise of the opening night roster... fearless predictions, go.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well the good news is one of your young defenders might make the 23 man roster since Rosival failed his physical. I know he is a great defender, was a great defender, but was as slow as Campbell last year and I would really prefer 22 games of a young d man learning the pro game.

How does a corpse fail a physical I wonder?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where have you heard Press is ready?? He looked good at the Traverse Tourney playing with Snuggy but I don't get anything else out of that.

Robin Press was barely able to Crack Rockfords roster last year, he spent more time playing Indy Fuel ECHL games.

And if he was. He's not gonna make a move on players playing LHD like Kempny and Forsling. Maybe Snuggy could surprise push them but he has still another ahl year he can grow from and he'd have not only those 2 but also Gustafson and Oesterle to surpass. I can see him getting a game sometime in the year if injuries occur.

he was noticed and mentioned by coaches at prospect camp.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, after the 1st preseason game:

The good:
Troy Murray wasn't fired for what I heard was an epic rant after the 'hawks got bounced.
In the past 5 'hawk games, this was the most heart, tenacity, drive and spirit the 'hawks showed.
Franson, Forsberg, and the rest of the depth crew look like they are on a mission.
Our PK vets could learn a thing or two from the kids on the PK early.
The bad:
Pat Foley needs new glasses. Also, Czechoslovakia hasn't been a thing in almost 25 years.
The kids seemed to take their foot off Columbus's throat late.
The ugly:
The new sweaters.

Finally, the real fall sport season has started!!!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Czechoslovakia may of fallen yet still no player born in the official Slovakia country has scored an NHL goal.

Odd cases like Jurco born 2 days before the official country split or Dano being born in Switzerland.

I expected the pk to be more that style with younger guys more like 07-2011 hawks.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Czechoslovakia may of fallen yet still no player born in the official Slovakia country has scored an NHL goal.

Odd cases like Jurco born 2 days before the official country split or Dano being born in Switzerland.

I expected the pk to be more that style with younger guys more like 07-2011 hawks.

Okay, let me break this down for you since you still seem mired in willful ignorance. It doesn't matter what is "official" or not. You call my wife a "Czechoslovak" and she.will.hurt.you. She is not "Czechoslovak" in spite of being born in 1985 in Zvolen--which was Czechoslovakia it the time. She is ethnically Slovak and identifies as Slovak and always has even when Czechoslovakia was in existence. Ditto with *all* of her family members, and all of her friends whom I have met--most of whom were born before the Velvet Divorce.

It would be like calling Ruslan Fedotenko a Russian or a Soviet. He's Ukraine irrespective of when he was born and when Ukraine became a Sovereign Nation. It's insulting and makes you either look like a complete pedant, idiot, or troll.