Draft Week Rumors

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think if we traded down when we could have drafted Garrett would leave to a shit storm. It's like when we passed on Suggs to trade down and draft two bums

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I've tried explaining that. Some people want to believe whatever they're told. 10 years of BPA at your selection being the same position wouldn't work.

Needs tempered with BPA tempered with position of importance. The only way you can get out of that is if you need nothing and you either want upgrades or depth.

If you need everything it probably comes down to the order you think team building should go.
Teams seldom actually draft BPA blindly in the early picks unless a player you just can't pass is there. Normally its BPA at a position of need.

Reactions: Myk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I can see it now.

Garrett goes #1.

A team trades up and grabs Watson at #2.

Bears war room looks like when they missed out on Aaron Donald and they end up drafting Jamal Adams.

Reactions: DC

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
There is absolutely no way the browns or niners pass on Garrett,we will have a great chance at getting Watson @3..

Period...

BearDown104

Bears Guru
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see it now.

Garrett goes #1.

Bears war room looks like when they missed out on Aaron Donald and they end up drafting Jamal Adams.

This is my exact thought as well.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
If that happen then it would be Garrett & Kaaya.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Agreed 100%. It's pathetic.

Pathetic?

Watson is a winner and has proven to be basically 2 years in a row.He dismantled the best college Defense ever assembled in Alabama which was Pro Level.The kid has ice water running through his veins shinning in BIG moments and has the heart of a champion.These are all the right traits you want in a QB.

Winner? ...Check

Proven? ...Check

Leader? ...Check

Handle the pressure in BIG moments?...Fucking 100 checks.

I guarantee that if Watson is there @3 the Bears will select him..

#calledit

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Greg Gabriel, former Bears Exec

SF supposedly wants Watson, if Cleveland is actually dumb enough to take Trubisky at 1 then QB's could go 1,2. Would throw 1st totally off

I wonder if we take Kizer in this type of scenario and let him sit for a yr.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Pathetic?

Watson is a winner and has proven to be basically 2 years in a row.He dismantled the best college Defense ever assembled in Alabama which was Pro Level.The kid has ice water running through his veins shinning in BIG moments and has the heart of a champion.These are all the right traits you want in a QB.

Winner? ...Check

Proven? ...Check

Leader? ...Check

Handle the pressure in BIG moments?...Fucking 100 checks.

I guarantee that if Watson is there @3 the Bears will select him..

#calledit

Wish you were right, but remember, these are the Bears. They will pick a defensive player and hope that they can have a mediocre season.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Wish you were right, but remember, these are the Bears. They will pick a defensive player and hope that they can have a mediocre season.

I get a different vibe with pace,his track record on draft day was trying to trade up BOTH YEARS to get the top QB's.Strictly based on his recent comments and how he describes his man,he is talking about Watson because its profiles him to a T..

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I can see it now.

Garrett goes #1.

If that happens they can take Trubisky who has a ton of talent himself and be happy about it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I get a different vibe with pace,his track record on draft day was trying to trade up BOTH YEARS to get the top QB's.Strictly based on his recent comments and how he describes his man,he is talking about Watson because its profiles him to a T..

Wonder what the Browns or S.F. would want from a team trading up i.e. the Bears

MrOuija

Liked Posts:

Would you, what are your thoughts on Kizer? To me he has all the tools and looks the part, but I just don't have a good feeling about him. Knowing that there will be some good prospects next year would probably lead me to pass on him and any other QB if Watson/Trubisky were taken.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If that happens they can take Trubisky who has a ton of talent himself and be happy about it.

I would love that. The problem is, I don't think the Bears are going to take Trubs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Quote Originally Posted by run and shoot View Post

Would you, what are your thoughts on Kizer? To me he has all the tools and looks the part, but I just don't have a good feeling about him. Knowing that there will be some good prospects next year would probably lead me to pass on him and any other QB if Watson/Trubisky were taken.
“Why play this game if you don’t want to be the greatest?” Kizer said.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...by-it/&usg=AFQjCNGU7lafYgenBSCsk98ioztlhUkfVg

MrOuija......Kizer's confidence is starting to grow on me. As for next year.....I just think we need to make a move this yr. Who knows what 2018 will bring. We have to get a QB in here to groom for the future. We've got to start valuing the Qb position. In terns of groom-able Qb's all we have now is Connor Shaw ( and I like him), but we gotta do better.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
If anyone believes Garrett isnt going #1 ive got some beach front property to sell you in Iowa.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...by-it/&usg=AFQjCNGU7lafYgenBSCsk98ioztlhUkfVg

MrOuija......Kizer's confidence is starting to grow on me. As for next year.....I just think we need to make a move this yr. Who knows what 2018 will bring. We have to get a QB in here to groom for the future. We've got to start valuing the Qb position. In terns of groom-able Qb's all we have now is Connor Shaw ( and I like him), but we gotta do better.

See I agree with that sentiment in general, but only if we can pick whichever QB we want. If other teams take that decision away from us by taking Watson and Trubisky first, then we'd be doing the same thing we usually do, take the 3rd or 4th best guy at his position.

If my only option at QB is plan C or D then I just load up in this defensive heavy draft and wait it out until we can get someone we can feel good about. The last thing I want is to be forced to give Kizer 2018 and beyond because we spent a high pick on him, and miss out on better QBs next season.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
This franchise needs a spark in a BIG way,the ownership has to get fiery red seeing all those empty seats,the solution is not drafting defense,its drafting someone you could put on programs and be the face of the franchise.I truly believe if the Bears draft Watson we will make the playoffs this year.Now i know that's a very stupid thing to say a week out of the draft based on a player that Pace could overlook an pass on butt i really think he will pull the trigger if available.

And when that happens,IMO.....Bears will be right back up there for contention.Who cares if he sits for a year and learns but chances are he would dramatically outperform glennon in training camp and preseason leading to him suiting up opening day against the Falcons,and that is where our story will begin.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Agreed 100%. It's pathetic.

He's repeatedly said that, while he prefers Watson, he would be happy with Trubisky at 3.

A significant minority on the board do not regard five attempts to bring in a viable QB (McNown, Grossman, Orton, Cutler, Mirer) in almost thirty years to be a sustainable strategy. I get that a lot of you are fine to continue with the plan of drafting a mid round QB and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Or go all in next year and trade a boatload of picks to maybe get a marginally superior QB (should he declare).

But don't be surprised that some of us like one of the QBs with an intriguing skill set and want us to finally take one and watch them develop. Just for a change, how about we give that a go.