Kizer Grumblings

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DeShone Kizer has not been shy about expressing belief in his abilities, but league execs are increasingly skeptical of the former Notre Dame quarterback’s NFL potential. “He’s not as good as he should be because he’s not committed to the game,” an AFC executive told Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “He’s committed to building a brand. He wants all the things that come with being a starting quarterback but doesn’t want to put in the work.” An AFC exec referred to the 6-foot-4 passer as a “prima donna,” while another NFC exec was concerned about the Fighting Irish benching him at one point and that his second year as a starter generated a 4-8 record. Nine of the 16 NFL staffers the Journal Sentinel surveyed rated Kizer as the most likely bust in this class of QBs.

From profootballrumors.com

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
DeShone Kizer has not been shy about expressing belief in his abilities, but league execs are increasingly skeptical of the former Notre Dame quarterback’s NFL potential. “He’s not as good as he should be because he’s not committed to the game,” an AFC executive told Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “He’s committed to building a brand. He wants all the things that come with being a starting quarterback but doesn’t want to put in the work.” An AFC exec referred to the 6-foot-4 passer as a “prima donna,” while another NFC exec was concerned about the Fighting Irish benching him at one point and that his second year as a starter generated a 4-8 record. Nine of the 16 NFL staffers the Journal Sentinel surveyed rated Kizer as the most likely bust in this class of QBs.

From profootballrumors.com
So a sober less exciting version of Johnny Manziel or the second coming of Cade McNown. All that needs come out now is that he illegal received a handicapped parking placard and he is complete.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
everyone lies....even execs that don't wished to be named......

he will get drafted in the first as many believe he has the highest ceiling.......remember when everyone was impressed during his interviews? Now all of a sudden he just building his brand...lots of bullshit flying around.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Im just about at the point I don't want Kizer or Mahomes at all. Its Trubisky, Watson in the first or bust. If Garret does fall to them and then they get Peterman that would be the only way I think I can accept Pace is making the right choices.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Im just about at the point I don't want Kizer or Mahomes at all. Its Trubisky, Watson in the first or bust. If Garret does fall to them and then they get Peterman that would be the only way I think I can accept Pace is making the right choices.

Can't remember where I read it but someone reported most teams have Watson graded as a 3rd rounder

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kizer is having a rough go of it. Honestly torn, not sure what to believe. I heard twice this morning on the radio, guys asking prospects who they emulate or who they think they compare to in the NFL and these 3rd and fourth round running backs were comparing themselves to Bell, lynch, freeman, But Kizer compares himself to Newton and Brady and he's cocky?? As far as building his brand...you can't build a brand unless you win...if he's committed to winning and being a good teammate I'm all good with him. He's got the build, the ability, the smarts and perhaps a bit of that attitude needed.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way Kizer speaks rubs people the wrong way. They think he sounds fake and arrogant and superior. And naturally, assumptions pop up. Teams want all QB's to sound just like Eli Manning. Just because Kizer sounds like a well educated know it all doesn't automatically mean that he has some hidden agenda. Like when another QB speaks very humbly doesn't automatically mean they don't have a hidden agenda.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The way Kizer speaks rubs people the wrong way. They think he sounds fake and arrogant and superior. And naturally, assumptions pop up. Teams want all QB's to sound just like Eli Manning. Just because Kizer sounds like a well educated know it all doesn't automatically mean that he has some hidden agenda. Like when another QB speaks very humbly doesn't automatically mean they don't have a hidden agenda.

I'm not sure if he sounds like a well educated know it all. What I keep hearing is when teams interviewed him that his answers were very good but they seemed like they were all scripted.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah, but when does a guy that isn't an arrogant prick go out of his way to sound like an arrogant prick? Combine that with a coach that won't recommend him and actually benched him and not a single player sticking up for him like the other top draft prospects teammates and something is fishy with him.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
when the game is on the line his sphincter gets way too tight..true story

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but when does a guy that isn't an arrogant prick go out of his way to sound like an arrogant prick? Combine that with a coach that won't recommend him and actually benched him and not a single player sticking up for him like the other top draft prospects teammates and something is fishy with him.
Fuck Kizer .. I don't even want him @36. I'd rather have a safety.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think there's some truth to this possibly. A lot of people automatically get defensive when someone intelligent is talking to them because they're insecure, so you get a kind of sour grapes reaction where they assume the person is an arrogant know-it-all, when in actual fact they're just intelligent and have a sound vocabulary. Happens all the time.

Of course there's always the possibility that Kizer is indeed a douche, but I wouldn't make that assumption without knowing more about him than I do, which admittedly isn't a lot.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'm not sure if he sounds like a well educated know it all. What I keep hearing is when teams interviewed him that his answers were very good but they seemed like they were all scripted.

If he didnt prepare solid answers to the tough questions that everybody knew he would be asked, then he would be a gigantic idiot.

This shouldnt be a damned if you do; damned if you dont situation. He anticipated the questions he would be asked, prepared good answers, and recalled them well when it counted. Sounds like a smart kid to me.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Even taken with a grain of salt, I believe where there is smoke there is fire. Look at a guy who shot up the draft boards the last 2 months, Patrick Mahomes, are you hearing this kind of stuff about him? I am not. Nobody is starting rumors about Trubisky or Watson's character either.

His own head coach came out and basically said the same thing.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he didnt prepare solid answers to the tough questions that everybody knew he would be asked, then he would be a gigantic idiot.

This shouldnt be a damned if you do; damned if you dont situation. He anticipated the questions he would be asked, prepared good answers, and recalled them well when it counted. Sounds like a smart kid to me.

None of the other quarterbacks apparently had that problem they all answered the questions but sounded more natural.

Personally I think he's bullshit and is using scripted answers but maybe you're right and he has a football IQ Tom Brady.

Have you ever talk to a teenager or someone in their early 20s about your profession and they spit out technically correct comments and answers but you can tell they don't really know what they're talking about. That's the sense I get from the comments from the GM's about Kizer's interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed, with added Adams at #3 being a can't miss generational pick if even 1/2 the hype.

Kizer & Mahomes really scream bust to me. Hope I'm wrong for their sake, but not for the Bears. I'm 50/50 on Watson. Too early to tell on how he'll end up, which is why I'm not big on a high pick for the guy. Need a can't miss at #3.

Later round less risk-per-value QBs with just as much or more upside potential, > smarts, & > maturity: Kayaa, Peterman, Dobbs, & a couple other further longshots, good for backup but unlikely the eventual savior.

Just me however. TBD.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
I have Kizer graded as an 8th rounder. And I scouted for the Bengals when we selected AJ Green.