Blackhawks fire assistant coach Mike Kitchen

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Kruger Harman and panik get protected and dolts will probably blast Bowman but if that is the case I'm guessing he knows McPhee would of taken TVR even if Kruger and TVR are both on the table.

Plus in a more likely he has to try to trade Kruger. You'd think unprotected guys around the league will get some scoughs from GMs on the trade market or at least hurt some value.

Darling isn't going to be taken... a Ufa goalie is dumb to grab when so many options are open for them and if they want him, the bargin with UFAs is just a 2 day window anyway so very few people I could see them go after there, maybe Joe Thornton.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
For one, trading Kruger means a piece coming back--which is likely going to be salary especially given his cost. Good Defensively, but can't really win faceoffs anymore and it a black hole offensively. I think he's exposed. We lose him for nothing and we got 3M+...if we lose him in expansion.

And you're wrong about the bargaining period. it's 72 hours, which is 3 days...

As for Darling, it's a maybe, maybe not. I think it depends on how much they could tuck him in for and his perceived value--plus the rest of the UFA's. Really, i think the goalie Vegas will be targeting primarily is Bishop (a UFA). For one, he'll command 5-6M in the market and probably has the best pedigree of all the netminders available, which could help satisfy their cap requirement. Idf they can't get it done with him, I think they will make a play for Darling. Of all the remaining exposed-to-expansion goalies, I think he's probably the next best one. I'd rather have him that Varlamov :)

I think if Darling could be tucked in with Vegas for Kruger's salary or less and they don't get Bishop, he's gone. They get Bishop and Darling will not sign there.
I agree with that, except about Darling. If goal height size increases Darling value increases. same if pads got smaller.

If I read things correctly I would expose Rozy, Kruger, and Glass. That forces them to either take Krugers contract, or to sign Darling as their move, who we will lose anyway. I think their will be a Vegas premium they have to offer him if they want him to miss FA.

Possible or I read it wrong?
They need to expose 2 forwards that meet the exposure requirement of signed through 2018, and have played either 40 games this year or 70 over the last 2 seasons...so Kruger & Tootoo would meet that while protecting Hartman, Rosie takes care of the D, and Glass takes care of the G. From there, it's pretty much anyone not protected is exposed regardless of whether they meet the exposure requirements or not. The point of the exposure requirements was to prevent teams from only exposing non-NHL-level players.

So, from there it goes back to "who do you protect, Hartman or TVR"? I personally think Hartman since it allows us to protect more RFA assets.

I agree with most of that write up, but dont forget the Vegas team will also need to meet that 50 whatever million cap floor. You just gave away Teuvo to lose Bicks contract and Panik is going to be expecting 3-4 million that we cannot afford. They cant do that by taking scrubs. There are plenty of teams that will be dealing with Vegas to create an affiliate team. These are players that meet the criteria of 40/70 and alot of them will be dealt for prospects to fill an affiliate since 10 of these players that have NHL experience are not going to want to go to AHL.
True, but on the flipside Vegas is not going to take trash and the UFA bargaining period IMHO is going to make things interesting. Vegas, in that case, could afford to pad either Bishop or Darling by about a mil (especially if it's a short-term deal) and that would go to the expansion cap number...ditto with Thornton.

The real question would be with the UFA's...is there someone better on the team? So, in the case of Thornton--Is there someone better on the Sharks, exposed that they could take? What about LA and Bishop? Who would they expose that would be better?

Ditto with the 'hawks and Darling. TVR, Kruger, Hartman, Panik, and Darling are the best players exposed (or that could be exposed without requiring a waiver). I don't think Oduya or Campbell are taken as UFA's, and Glass, Rosie, and Tootoo are even considered for anything other than meeting the exposure requirement. Protecting Hartman allows you to protect Panik--who even if we can't afford, we can use his RFA rights as a trade sweetener. I think it plays out like this:

If Darling can be signed reasonably and he gets a chance at #1 (i.e. no Bishop or the Varmint), they take him.
If they can't but need cap, they take Kruger.
If they make cap otherwise they go TVR.
If TVR is protected and Darling is not an option for them, they go hartman unless they need cap--then they go Kruger.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's too bad the bandwagon guys that come here to troll don't come here and read the discussions being had now, right or wrong of any of the arguments, they way they are being made and the knowledge of how to discuss sports on this board at times is a breath of fresh air over not just other boards, but other forums on this board... Kinda what made IHN so great.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's too bad the bandwagon guys that come here to troll don't come here and read the discussions being had now, right or wrong of any of the arguments, they way they are being made and the knowledge of how to discuss sports on this board at times is a breath of fresh air over not just other boards, but other forums on this board... Kinda what made IHN so great.

It's so damn hard to find places with good hockey discussion these days. You can find pockets on Twitter here and there if you follow the right people, but it's too easy for a jackass to interrupt everything. And in real life? Forget it. I don't like playing the bandwagon fan card, but I do use it in this case because people that have only been following the sport for 6-7 years just haven't had enough time to get indoctrinated in all of the aspects of pro hockey. And it's not just about the on-ice product, either. People don't know how contracts work, or how the salary cap works, or how so many aspects of the league work. That's why you get people screaming that the Hawks should just release <insert current hated player here> without knowing that's something you can't do in the NHL.

But this place has been pretty good. And I thank you guys for that.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I would hate to see TVR and Hartman gone.

I think TVR is fairly replaceable, as he tops out as a third-pairing guy. Which is fine, but you shouldn't struggle to replace that.

Hartman is the exact type of depth scoring you need to be a championship team, though. A 20ish goal scorer from the bottom 6 is what makes good teams great. Don't want him going anywhere while he's on his ELC.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think TVR is fairly replaceable, as he tops out as a third-pairing guy. Which is fine, but you shouldn't struggle to replace that.

Hartman is the exact type of depth scoring you need to be a championship team, though. A 20ish goal scorer from the bottom 6 is what makes good teams great. Don't want him going anywhere while he's on his ELC.

I agree with this.

If Kruger, Toottoo, Rozy, TVR, and Glass are exposed....

Its probably TVR or Darling gone. TVR could attact them his brother in the future as well. But like you said, he is a fantastic 3rd pairing guy, and thats it. We can swallow that pill, even though his offense improves every year and he is ascending still.

I HOPE they decide to take a Cup winning veteran, Kruger and relieve us of his contract.

If we expose Hartman he will be gone no question. If we leave them the above, Darling might be their best option depending on what they lose from Anaheim if they go after Bishop.

Darling for 4 or 5, could beat Bishop for 6 or 7 depending on if the consolation is TVR vs ? in either case.

TVR or Kruger are probably gone. Do they want a 4th line center for 4.5 million or a third pairing defender

Kruger is a bit injury prone as well. But whether we have TVR or Vegas has TVR, somebody will have to outbid Toronto for his services at some point.

It sure looks like TVR is gone if they don't go after Darling. Fingers crossed behind my back on Kruger...but likely we are going to lose TVR to Vegas, lose Darling to Colorado, or someone ready to try him as a starter,

have to PAY TO TRADE Kruger in young defenseman from the farm, or a Debricat/Bondra/Motte type.

and the same with Hammer.

Thats my prediction. We lose Kruger/Hammer/TVR/Darling and some prospects to grease that, extend Panik....

That isn't a big loss with the strides the youth should make. Darling hurts but you can't keep 2 goalies forever. If Crow has his pain killers and drinking under control, stick with him. Hammer is huge...underated...dirty work grinder...but I'm disappointed in what he was the last two playoffs.

Like Garnett, you can't get blocks once you can't get there. A step slow...looks old and beaten and frail. If its him or Seabrook? Who do you choose? Never understood the Kruger signing. Or Danult departure.

Danult would look real good at 3C....hopefully Smatlz or Hayden can help us forget soon. Hayden is the right pairing for Toews/Panik I believe. Leaving Hartman-Smaltz-Hossa.

and Rasmussen with Hino-Kero fighting off the Bondra's, Baun's, Mottes, Forslin's of the world to create a much more youthful and energetic 4th line for the future.

If I'm wrong, Hayden is a 4th liner, Smaltz stays up top to be the speed factor, and HHH is a possiblity on 3 if Hino can develop some strength.

Forsling easily replaces TVR. Finding a second pairing is key but if Hammer doesn't go I feel like Crow or Seabs or Kruger have to. Thats why its just painless for Vegas to take Kruger hoping for veteran championship leadership as the best add they can make to their team.

Fingers crossed they fuck it up.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TVR isn't special, but looking to the past with the various pairings Stan has put on the ice.... he hasn't really brought much of anything after 2,4,7. Johnny O was good for a couple years and now 7 showing his age having 2 strong pairings looks tough let alone having 3, or even 3 strong #1,2,3 Dmen. Remembering some of the scrap heap 3rd pairings from the past is why I'd like to keep TVR, and... he could end up being a 4 d man on this team.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with this.

If Kruger, Toottoo, Rozy, TVR, and Glass are exposed....

Its probably TVR or Darling gone. TVR could attact them his brother in the future as well. But like you said, he is a fantastic 3rd pairing guy, and thats it. We can swallow that pill, even though his offense improves every year and he is ascending still.

I HOPE they decide to take a Cup winning veteran, Kruger and relieve us of his contract.

If we expose Hartman he will be gone no question. If we leave them the above, Darling might be their best option depending on what they lose from Anaheim if they go after Bishop.

Darling for 4 or 5, could beat Bishop for 6 or 7 depending on if the consolation is TVR vs ? in either case.

TVR or Kruger are probably gone. Do they want a 4th line center for 4.5 million or a third pairing defender

Kruger is a bit injury prone as well. But whether we have TVR or Vegas has TVR, somebody will have to outbid Toronto for his services at some point.

It sure looks like TVR is gone if they don't go after Darling. Fingers crossed behind my back on Kruger...but likely we are going to lose TVR to Vegas, lose Darling to Colorado, or someone ready to try him as a starter,

have to PAY TO TRADE Kruger in young defenseman from the farm, or a Debricat/Bondra/Motte type.

and the same with Hammer.

Thats my prediction. We lose Kruger/Hammer/TVR/Darling and some prospects to grease that, extend Panik....

That isn't a big loss with the strides the youth should make. Darling hurts but you can't keep 2 goalies forever. If Crow has his pain killers and drinking under control, stick with him. Hammer is huge...underated...dirty work grinder...but I'm disappointed in what he was the last two playoffs.

Like Garnett, you can't get blocks once you can't get there. A step slow...looks old and beaten and frail. If its him or Seabrook? Who do you choose? Never understood the Kruger signing. Or Danult departure.

Danult would look real good at 3C....hopefully Smatlz or Hayden can help us forget soon. Hayden is the right pairing for Toews/Panik I believe. Leaving Hartman-Smaltz-Hossa.

and Rasmussen with Hino-Kero fighting off the Bondra's, Baun's, Mottes, Forslin's of the world to create a much more youthful and energetic 4th line for the future.

If I'm wrong, Hayden is a 4th liner, Smaltz stays up top to be the speed factor, and HHH is a possiblity on 3 if Hino can develop some strength.

Forsling easily replaces TVR. Finding a second pairing is key but if Hammer doesn't go I feel like Crow or Seabs or Kruger have to. Thats why its just painless for Vegas to take Kruger hoping for veteran championship leadership as the best add they can make to their team.

Fingers crossed they fuck it up.
Disagree...Hjammer has been our best pure defenseman for quite sometime. Even if he underachieved, he's been nowhere near the bomb that Seabrook was the past 2 seasons or the partial birth abortion Keith was these playoffs.

He's probably one of the few guys we have with positive value, as well.

I'm not saying he won't go--but if he does I'm willing to bet Stan tried to ditch just about everyone else.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair. I have no issue keeping Seabs/Hammer/Keith if you build a line around each. I don't like playing them together anymore.

TVR or Kruger is who we are likely to lose. Probably depends on many different things that go down and all the options Vegas is presented through the process.

Given the contracts, it sure seems to me that TVR is a goner, as he would be more value for them to use in a trade, if that is allowed. Or after a year.
Forlsing/Kempny/Pokka/Gustof/Sved and some of the others have a chance to soften that blow.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
TVR isn't special, but looking to the past with the various pairings Stan has put on the ice.... he hasn't really brought much of anything after 2,4,7. Johnny O was good for a couple years and now 7 showing his age having 2 strong pairings looks tough let alone having 3, or even 3 strong #1,2,3 Dmen. Remembering some of the scrap heap 3rd pairings from the past is why I'd like to keep TVR, and... he could end up being a 4 d man on this team.

TVR should have been the 4th man on this team period. LR LR. This is why I am so sick of Hammer. Yeah, he will block shots, but backhanding out of the zone and even making TVR play the off side if he was paired with him was Ludicrous. I also completely agree with you on TVR getting hosed. Rosival, Svedberg, Runblad, Timo, TVR rarely played back to back games with the same guy and got the grief when that nights guy was not in the same place last nights guy was, while Keith and Seabrook was never broken up.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

It's hard to tell sometimes who is replaceable. The core take so many minutes and the lines dance so much sometimes I worry we stunt the growth of players. But that's the trade-off I guess