10-6 and in the play offs..?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If injuries didn't exists and if home field advantage actually meant something in Chicago and everybody played to there potential and Fox doesn't mismanage a game and nobody drops a pass and nobody fumbles and the defense creates turnovers and we don't miss a FG or XP and we don't miss a tackle and nobody gets suspended for juicing or drugs...the Bears finish with 8 wins.

Liked Posts:
Playoffs? You wannna talk about Playoffs?! Are you kiddin me? PLAYOFFS?! I just hope we can win a game.

tenor.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
On paper, we are a ways away from 10-6.

To get to 10-6 Glennon will need to be better than he has, we will have to find turnovers on defense we have not gotten over the past several years, ae will need to stay very healthy, as we still lack depth. And the rest of the division will need to become a lot more beatable.

I doubt all four of those happen.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
10-6 is a possibility. If we stay healthy and have a + turnover ratio.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If we draft Fournette and run the ball 60 plays per game (30 for Howard and Fournette). And we stay extremely healthy at every position

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
We had the same discussions last year. People were saying 10-6 was possible and the forum levelled out at around 7-9, 8-8 with a small minority going for 4-5 wins. I went for 6-10 I think.

We went 3-13.

We have more depth than last year and we'd be unlucky to have the same amount of injuries but even with a stellar draft we're not SEVEN wins better. Guaranteed when we go 6-10 this year the same thread will happen in 12 months though!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Exactly what holes have the Bears filled this offseason?

Where are the impact players? We signed warm bodies, yes, but I don't see a fresh-faced difference maker on the team.

So for a hole to be filled it has to be with a play maker? Q.Demps fills the hole at either FS or SS, P.Amukamara and M.Cooper fill CB holes, D.Simms fills the backup TE hole and blocking TE hole, B.Cunningham fills the #2 RB hole and KR/PR hole. There's more holes on a team then just the starting rotation holes and no team has a play maker at every position on their starting team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is this record possible for the team in 2017? What do you think needs to be done, realistically, for the team to get to this record? Does the QB selected this year make a difference?

If not... what record do you predict?

Mike Glennon is their QB and Cam Meredith is their #1 WR.

3 game swings are crazy impressive in the NFL, 7 is insanity.

6-10 if healthy and Glennon isn't an embarrassment.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The number of people who have talked themselves into Mike Glennon is disturbing.

it is right before the draft where everything is overanalyzed akin to a number near the Drake Equation......if fans can drop a prospect from the first to the 3rd round based on one overeager soundbite they can talk themselves into Glennon being Matt Ryan.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
it is right before the draft where everything is overanalyzed akin to a number near the Drake Equation......if fans can drop a prospect from the first to the 3rd round based on one overeager soundbite they can talk themselves into Glennon being Matt Ryan.

Gl neon will have to be Tom Bady to be successful in Chicago

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gl neon will have to be Tom Bady to be successful in Chicago

he won't get a fair shake in this town......

unless he is in the top 10 in QBs in the league the Bears should keep looking with significant resource investment.

Liked Posts:
If Deshaun Watson is starting....Bears might possibly have a chance to make playoffs

Glennon wont get us in the playoffs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Even then I think we would finish last in the division. We are a team with potential but we need a secondary, another pass rusher, a legit WR1...oh, and a franchise QB. Can you really see us winning a super bowl with Mike Glennon?

I didn't realize someone asking about 10-6 meant they had to be a super bowl winning team.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Bears go 10-6, using the Cowboys' formula. Interior OL stays healthy and dominates, Jordan Howard brings home rushing title. Glennon gets hurt and the #3 pick comes in and plays productive football with short passes and timely scrambles, and the Bears turn the ball over a league low 12 times. Cameron Meredith proves to be a low end #1 and puts up 90 catches, 1150 yards, and 8 TDs. Kendall Wright channels his rookie numbers and puts up 80/900.

Marcus Cooper and Quintin Demps pick off 5 passes each as the team makes a huge jump to force 22 turnovers. The fearsome front 4 of Goldman, Hicks, a developed Floyd and a healthy rejuvenated McPhee combine for 32 of the team's 46 sacks.

A Bears rookie kicker makes 88% of his FGs, including 4 over 50 yards, and the Bears special teams are top 10 in punting, coverage and they lead the league in avg. field position.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is this record possible for the team in 2017? What do you think needs to be done, realistically, for the team to get to this record? Does the QB selected this year make a difference?

If not... what record do you predict?

0-8. Fire Fox at break. Win some pride with Fangio and then try to pry the North Carolina head coach Fedora for OC. Give Fedora his choice of QB near the top of 2018 draft. Glennon can battle for 2018, and be a nicely priced back-up for a good one. Also, I'd like to see Glennon learn from this year and get a chance at a better schedule in year 2.

Kaaya is the best value of the QB's. Then Kelly. I believe in both those guys. For a late second/third and a 6th, we could have 2 in the stable, one that needs a medical red shirt.

Then Glennon and a 2018 top 5 pick. I'm not opposed to 4, letting Fedora make them all look good, and recouping a bunch of picks in the years ahead.

Allen/Adams/Fournette are three pro-bowl players just sitting there at 3, or trade down if offered.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
The number of people who have talked themselves into Mike Glennon is disturbing.

I have talked myself into thinking him getting a shot is worth a try. I have talked myself into Glennon not killing us with turnovers. I'm far from sold on him or this draft class at QB. Draft a QB that's 2 swings.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
6-10 or 7-9.

They were better than 3-13 last year.

They'll be better this year.

Not 10-6 better, most likely. But they are not a 3-13 team.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

If they beef up the D - which means at the very least a Safety or CB high in this draft - and get some people back, the D will be much improved.