Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think that's necessarily the case. Look at Houston for example.

Black and Blue doesn't have to necessarily be all about defense. You can be a tough team on the offensive side of the ball as well and I think that's imperative. It's also important to have a QB, the Bears still had Jim McMahon in 85 who in my eyes was a good QB.

Watson is a tough player and a leader. He is a guy that players will rally behind despite his shortcomings. Moton is definitely Black and Blue through and through. The Bears still need play makers on offense and a 4th round pick isn't exactly a big time investment.
2 teams that were SB ready. We don't compare to them. What made those teams SB ready? Dominance on the D side of the ball and running the rock so thanks for that. Houston really needs that QB. We're still a couple steps away based on what your thread is after.

Of course you can have a tough team on the O side and it always involves running. We already have that running game. Throwing is not associated with tough. You want balance but if you spread yourself too thin and try to do everything at once, it takes longer to be respectable or secure FAs to remain so. My point was to be dominant on one side as it's the fastest way to respectability and QBs don't make you more physical. Run the ball, stop the run, control the clock, get turnovers. That's what you're talking about and, to me, taking a QB at 3 and 3 O players in the 1st 4 picks doesn't seem the best way to do that. I have no problems with that draft, I just don't think it fits the profile.

Again, I'm not against taking a QB early, I just don't think it fits the premise.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I have no problems with that draft, I just don't think it fits the profile.

Whose profile are you referring to? Perhaps Pace wants to solve the QB position since it is the most important position in all of sports while adding more talent on O since we are very deficient of talent on O. A team can build O and D equally. Add 1 top end QB and you get closer to perennial playoff football far quicker. See GB for an example of that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whose profile are you referring to? Perhaps Pace wants to solve the QB position since it is the most important position in all of sports while adding more talent on O since we are very deficient of talent on O. A team can build O and D equally. Add 1 top end QB and you get closer to perennial playoff football far quicker. See GB for an example of that.

The OP's of a Black and Blue directed draft. Had nothing to do with Pace. How many times do I need can say that I have no problem with taking a QB early or that draft specifically other than it doesn't fit the premise that this thread is about? I can't argue with you because personally, I don't actually disagree.