The most NFL ready players in this draft.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Confused. Watson is 4 on this list. I was told that he was going to bust in the NFL or was at the very least not ready to start.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Confused. Watson is 4 on this list. I was told that he was going to bust in the NFL or was at the very least not ready to start.

I'm not sure if they have them ranked how they'd have them or if they're just saying which ones they think are NFL ready. I think pretty much everyone thinks Watson is the only guy besides maybe Peterman that could start day 1, i'm not sure how good or bad he'd be if he started day 1 but he could do it and learn.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's like that one crack pot that argues against the scientific experts and mountains of evidence that climate change is not real. Just because he types it doesn't make it suddenly true.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We are in a rebuild aren't we? Being NFL ready should be irrelevant we need players that we think are going to crush it in a few years

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's like that one crack pot that argues against the scientific experts and mountains of evidence that climate change is not real. Just because he types it doesn't make it suddenly true.

He has some credentials.

Michael Lombardi is an American football executive and media analyst. Until 2016 he was an assistant to the coaching staff of the New England Patriots and is a former analyst for the NFL Network and sportswriter at NFL.com.[1][2] Lombardi also previously served as an NFL executive with the San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns, Philadelphia Eagles, and Oakland Raiders.[3] He currently works for Bill Simmons' website The Ringer.[4]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I've read several different people say he's the most ready of the QBs.

It's fairly logical, imo. Kizer certainly needs time, Mahomes needs his mechanics reworked, and Trubisky, while probably the most polished of the group in terms of technique, didn't start until his last year (sitting and learning as long as he did is probably partly why he's the most polished).

I think if there's any QB as or more ready to play right away it might be Peterman; he's just not at the talent level of these others.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

It's fairly logical, imo. Kizer certainly needs time, Mahomes needs his mechanics reworked, and Trubisky, while probably the most polished of the group in terms of technique, didn't start until his last year (sitting and learning as long as he did is probably partly why he's the most polished).

I think if there's any QB as or more ready to play right away it might be Peterman; he's just not at the talent level of these others.

I guess it comes back to, why are people so against taking a QB at 3?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree with almost everything said. I'd swap Hooker and Adams, but I still understand why some teams would covet Hooker more.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah i agree, when it comes to the Bears we can draft any of them since we now have M.Glennon and since we're rebuilding we have the luxury of waiting a year or two for any of these kids to sit and learn. Even if we did draft Watson it wouldn't be a bad thing at all for him to sit a year behind Glennon, but the good thing would be if Glennon really blows next year we could put Watson in there at the half way point or at whatever point and not have to worry as much as we would with Trubisky, Mahomes or Kizer.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess it comes back to, why are people so against taking a QB at 3?

I think we may have a majority who do want a QB now, they're just pretty split between Watson and Trubisky. Those who are dead against it I think just take media talk too much as gospel. I think NFL guys like the QB pool more than the early media reports, and that's why they're backtracking so fast and the QBs are shooting up their boards. It was laughable a few weeks ago when people were arguing whether any would go in round 1. Now the discussion is about whether anyone will trade up into the top 3 to take one before the Bears/Jets.

Washington

Liked Posts:
if Glennon really blows next year we could put Watson in there at the half way point or at whatever point and not have to worry as much as we would with Trubisky, Mahomes or Kizer.

Why would we worry at all about a rookie playing QB if the guy brought in to start blows? We'd already be toast. He'd be getting reps to learn the game. I want any rookie QB we draft to get playing time. We'll be eliminated from playoff competition at some point and the rookie should play then for sure.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why waste a first-round pick (and first-round money) on one of those 14–15 prospects if you believe you can land one later and land another asset?
This is what it sounds like when Ommy Cries.

[video=youtube;-GRjQOE-8VM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GRjQOE-8VM[/video]

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No QB is a most ready to play prospect. RBs, Gs and DL should be filling that list.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He has some credentials.
I think he is the most ready to play of the QB's in a certain sense. I think his ability to create with his legs make him instantly an NFL average QB, I also think he has the longest distance to go of the top 4 in the areas of arm talent and reads. Actually, I don't see his arm talent ever being NFL great or above average, so I think he is not far from his finished project. So in that twisted way I agree he is the most ready, but not in a good way. If the Bears draft him, I hope I am wrong.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No QB is a most ready to play prospect. RBs, Gs and DL should be filling that list.
This is the simple truth. Listing any QB short of P Manning or A Luck as top 4 NFL ready as a rookie is just a clickbait lie.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This is the simple truth. Listing any QB short of P Manning or A Luck as top 4 NFL ready as a rookie is just a clickbait lie.

Even P Manning dropped the ball his first couple years, throwing pick after pick.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think he is the most ready to play of the QB's in a certain sense. I think his ability to create with his legs make him instantly an NFL average QB, I also think he has the longest distance to go of the top 4 in the areas of arm talent and reads. Actually, I don't see his arm talent ever being NFL great or above average, so I think he is not far from his finished project. So in that twisted way I agree he is the most ready, but not in a good way. If the Bears draft him, I hope I am wrong.

He is what he is, right? I kind of agree but I think he is going to improve as soon as he gets playing time. I don't think he needs mental reps or is going to benefit nearly as much sitting on the bench as he would playing games and learning from his mistakes. I agree that his arm is what it is.. I don't think he will ever have a above average arm nor will his accuracy have major improvement maybe slightly better. I think the thing that will improve his game the most is reading defenses and accepting that he can not make all the throws he did in the NCAA. He need to learn to take what the defense gives him, mostly the short quick underneath stuff. He never will have the arm strength to fit it in tight windows down the field.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
3. Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State
physical safeties can almost become liabilities if they can’t channel their headhunting. I believe Hooker is an ideal “modern” safety: long, athletic, fast, rangy, and instinctive to the ball.

5. Solomon Thomas, DE/DT, Stanford
Just don’t put him in a 3–4 as he couldn’t use a five-technique or play nose.
Oh damn, this could be bad if we draft him.

6. Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Only his lack of pure man-to-man coverage skills kept him from receiving a higher grade than Hooker.
Adams is exceptionally good but people need to be honest about his coverage skills versus those of Hooker.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
2 days before Draft, 2 prospects I think Bears should target at #3 are:

- FS Hooker
- 5-tech DE Allen

None of the other guys make that much sense, both from talent and Bears roster holes perspective.