Sports Science On The QB Prospects

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm not closed off entirely on Kelly. When I was his age, I was a bit of a shit ball too, I didn't take the kind of responsibility for myself like a young man should. But you know what, getting away from the college bubble and getting a job where I was at the bottom of the totem pole didn't just take me down a peg, it knocked me on my ass. And then I grew.

So I am not closed off to taking a late round flier on him. No harm in giving him the chance to show he can grow up like i did. His flaws are different than mine, but putting him in a situation where he has to claw his way to the top can force him to become a man. Sink or swim, ya know? The talent is there, and if he continues to be a shitbag we can kick him to the curb.

Kelly is just that inch too short, but without the antics and TWO ACLs he would likely be a risk that some one would take in the first round.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They compared Kevin White to Julio Jones.

I presume their comparison was on physical attributes was it not.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kevin-white?id=2552422

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/julio-jones?id=2495454

I'd say physically they are quite similar. Both 6-3, Jones arms and hands are a bit longer and bigger. Whites faster in the 40, 20 yard shuttle, and stronger in the bench press. Jones is more explosive as measured by the vert and board jump while also being better in the 3 cone and 60 yard shuttle.

However, I think you would be hard pressed to argue Jones is vastly superior from a physical or athletic standpoint so unless Sports science was commenting on their ability as WRs such as route running, etc. then not sure what the problem is. Jones simply gets more out of his physical and athletic abilities than White but they are not dissimilar athletically.