dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think the point is that nobody knew that Aaron Rodgers was gonna be the next Aaron Rodgers either. Nobody knew that Tom Brady was going to be the next Tom Brady, and those are the two best QBs in the league, right?

Yeah i got the point but IMO.....again...IMO none of these QB's will ever be as great as A.Rodgers....IMO. I do think there are some that have a chance at being starting QB's in the NFL in 2/3 years but i'm just a fan so my opinion on any of them doesn't really matter......IMO

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is my OPINION, that I think Watson has the best chance to be successful in the league. Not gonna call him Rodgers. Big difference between opinions and facts.

If i went back through some threads how many posts of yours do you think i can pull up with you saying "this guy won't ever be any good" or "this guy will be good"?? I'm thinking i can find many posts of yours that has you speaking in facts but you probably were just talking and didn't mean to sound like you were nostradamus right?? It's just talk which i would think you would get since you've done the same but i guess not. As you've already found out, i can go back and find old threads/posts when i need to.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...s-and-Rumors?p=2752245&viewfull=1#post2752245

How do you know Pace won't?? Why are you talking in facts??

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If i went back through some threads how many posts of yours do you think i can pull up with you saying "this guy won't ever be any good" or "this guy will be good"?? I'm thinking i can find many posts of yours that has you speaking in facts but you probably were just talking and didn't mean to sound like you were nostradamus right?? It's just talk which i would think you would get since you've done the same but i guess not. As you've already found out, i can go back and find old threads/posts when i need to.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...s-and-Rumors?p=2752245&viewfull=1#post2752245

How do you know Pace won't?? Why are you talking in facts??

That post is an educated guess. Pace passes on players with character issues. Pretty simple stuff to comprehend. If Pace does draft Foster, I will eat crow.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah i got the point but IMO.....again...IMO none of these QB's will ever be as great as A.Rodgers....IMO. I do think there are some that have a chance at being starting QB's in the NFL in 2/3 years but i'm just a fan so my opinion on any of them doesn't really matter......IMO

So are you saying that you wont draft a player unless he will be the next Aaron Rodgers? We're going to be waiting a long time for a franchise QB.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anti-QB @3 posters - "No, it's a bad class, none of these QBs will be worth a shit".

Pro-QB @3 posters - "This is a great opportunity to take a swing"
Anti-QB @3 posters - "No, it's a bad class, none of these QBs will be worth a shit".

Who is the one making the definite proclamations?

Mick, you've been posting good stuff lately in this thread. Even though I'm more "non-QB", I'm not ANTI-QB. If Pace loves a guy, I trust the pick. Just seems less likely for reasons posted by many.

We could EASILY argue that by many of the Pro-QB posters who endlessly mock Pace (no pun intended) and bash him before he's even committed some cardinal sin of not going QB at 3...on the flipside...

Pro-QB @3 posters - "You NEED a QB (now), or Pace is a (insert swear word expletive)"
Anti-QB @3 posters - "No, it's a UNPROVEN class, none of these QBs likely will/should be starting this year & haven't proven NFL style offensive experience". (some have been shotgun only or like Mitch - only played ONE year & don't even know what a hard count is!!)

See - It can easily go both ways for both camps, and has done exactly that. There's good/bad points to QB and good/bad points to non-QB. So I kept going hard on Mitch...sorry...but the point is worth considering. Strong arms come & go yearly. Need the right brain, experience, leadership & fit. If that's Watson, I'll drink to that too. IMO a few later picks are not that far off from him in floor/ceiling, prob. same way you feel with early vs. later DBs.

As we all know, it depends on Pace's board, Browns/SF picks, and what offers come a callin' vs. who the "downpick" can be best/worst case trade down bridge til pick scenario.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then I read this...

Not going for it and you're virtually guaranteed to continue in mediocrity.

Keep kicking the can down the road is not a good game plan, imo.

Both are pretty strong "definite proclamations" or close to definite.

Maybe you feel that the dropoff after Rd1 Qb is that steep this year that a mid-Rd QB will be shit or "kicking the can"?

I think if we're talking starter ready right away or within a year, 1st Rd or high pick QBs are probably pretty necessary. In the long run, it's a crapshoot overall & about combo of prospect's ceiling & coaching/teams ability to develop > the round picked in. Bust rate data backs this up.