ESPN GM round table

Luke

Liked Posts:
Had Polian, Dominik and Savage on it. It was pretty good, they answered things like a GM would no typical draft show fluff. Anyway, there were two Bears tidbits. First they had them picking the top 5 selections, Savage picked Allen to the Bears at 3. Then they had trades that GM's should make. Dominik had the Bears trading up to the Chiefs at 27 so I assumed it was for a QB but no, it was for my guy - TJ Watt.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So the Bears trade the #3 and practically drop out of the 1st round to #27? Lol....what the hell would be the compensation on that? Five 1st round picks?

Edit: NVM. I take it you meant the Bears trade up using #36 to get the #27. Interesting choice if the Bears traded up for Watt.

Luke

Liked Posts:
they were mutually exclusive segments so it wasn't an Allen/ Watt draft. Mocking Allen is one thing but I found the move up from 36 to 27 for TJ very interesting as each GM had only one trade suggestion. Watt is gonna be a double digit sack guy and Dominik had the Bears jumping ahead of the Fudgies to get him. love it!

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So the Bears trade the #3 and practically drop out of the 1st round to #27? Lol....what the hell would be the compensation on that? Five 1st round picks?

Edit: NVM. I take it you meant the Bears trade up using #36 to get the #27. Interesting choice if the Bears traded up for Watt.

Major dick ripping would happy. First the Watson/Trubisky crowd would have to sew their dicks back on just to rip them off after no QB is selected even with a trade up into the 1st.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Major dick ripping would happy. First the Watson/Trubisky crowd would have to sew their dicks back on just to rip them off after no QB is selected even with a trade up into the 1st.

We will surely be disappointed, for a while. We'll get over it. Hopefully you QB naysayers will get over the fact that we'll still be getting annually bitchslapped by the Packers as long as the franchise continues to kick the QB can down the road, laughably thinking that TJ Watt or Jon Allen will make any difference to that.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As you know, I have never expected Pace to take a QB at 3 from the get go so I have always approached it that way. If Pace shocks the world and does it, I'd be cool with it but I surely don't live in a fantasy world which I cant control.
I don't think it would shock the world if the Bears pick a QB at 3. It might shock the world if they pick the right QB at 3.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pollian still hating on Trubiski? He was not a fan earlier this year.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I feel we give up picks for a non-QB in a draft this deep I will lose my mind.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I think Watt will get over-drafted because of his last name.

I think Allen would definitely be the pick if it weren't for his shoulders. That is a huge issue for the Bears to evaluate. 2 prior surgeries.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of crying will be made Thursday. I believe the Bears will pick Garrett if he is there or Adams.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of crying will be made Thursday. I believe the Bears will pick Garrett if he is there or Adams.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think Watt will get over-drafted because of his last name.

I think Allen would definitely be the pick if it weren't for his shoulders. That is a huge issue for the Bears to evaluate. 2 prior surgeries.

It's almost a draft that you'd rather be picking a little later cause a lot of the top guys have injury questions or at least the top guys we'd want in J.Allen, M.Hooker and M.Lattimore which makes S.Thomas and J.Adams my main targets at #3 if we don't go QB or if Garrett isn't there.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'll be jumping if either.

Need 10+ year career studs since the plan is to never pick this high again. Allen or Lattimore's injury histories are just too risky to give up a sure thing for. That's my only concern with a QB pick so high. If it's their guy, for sure - go for it.

From the outside looking in everything I've seen indicates no QB is a sure thing as much as Adams or Garrett (or even TE Howard if a trade down & grab extra 1st Rd talent in 2nd or more). That's all.

We can just disagree about the sky-falling response if not QB at 3. Bears will NOT be 3-13 again with this roster. Book it. Either way...Go Bears!! :beer:

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Of all the top 10 defensive prospects, Allen would be by far the most uninteresting selection possible, and yet, I wouldn't be surprised if Pace drafts him. Undersized, limted athlete, with arthritic shoulders, but he's got top notch hand placement!!! Man it's hard being a Bears fan.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I'm warming up to Adams. Lack of elite ball skills is an issue, but 4 of the 5 or so top players have significant injury histories. Picking at 3 is more like picking at 7 so if Adams is a very good player and stays healthy I can live with it.