NBA draft discussion

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Since we're only 2 months away, I figured it would be a good time to start discussing possible draft options. I'm going to assume that we acquiring more picks/a higher pick in this draft.

A couple of guys that have a good possibility of falling to the Bulls at 16 that I like:

Luke Kennard 6'6 SG from Duke:

I don't know what it is, I just have a good feeling that he will turn out to be a pretty good NBA player. The Bulls are one of the worst shooting teams in the league, so he would help fill that need. I don't think he'll ever be a star, but I can definitely see him being a taller version of JJ Reddick.

Hamidou Diallo 6'6 SG Putnam Science Academy

This is probably a name not a lot of people have heard about. He's the brother of Pelicans forward Cheick Diallo. Long story short, due to how some things fell, he was able to enter the draft even though he only spent a semester, and didn't play a second, at Kentucky.

I like him strictly based on his upside. He's similar to Giannis in the sense that they are/were a great unknown but come with a massive amount of potential. He could end up being one of the best players to come out of this draft.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kennard is an over achiever. He wouldnt be a center piece to a franchise but he is a guy that could help your bench score. Ive seen him grow and he lacks a lot of NBA length and defense, but he is a fighter. I would say he is probably further along with creating his own shot, but could be a knock down three if he knows that is his role. He also doesnt shrink in big situations. I mean he wasnt even a legit starter on Duke. He made himself a starter.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dwayne Bacon. Big frame, can score, got to the free throw line a decent amount. Good rebounder for his position, and for his size and length could probably develop into a good defensive player.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
As long as we have a blockhead coaching staff, nobody is going to get developed. So really, even the best player in the draft will be wasted until something happens. And of course, that is another topic entirely. Just waiting on the 'Fred up' or 'Foirberg' threads to start.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What this team needs is two guards that can get their own shots and yet set up plays. They have no real playmaker other than Rondo who is old.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frustrating to go drafting PG's when we have put alot of investment into them.

Maybe we can sign Rose on the cheap? lol. But really? lol. I had to laugh twice. And I might also be desperate enough at the point to do it a third time.

But nah...just another guy who can't play team basketball. I don't know what the deal is.

We should probably get Mark Jackson in here and let HIM search for the PG/SG and develop Payne and Jimmy better.

I could see the Lakers going some combo of Lebron/Paul/Wade/George.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
This is the worst time to speculate and even worse to look at mock drafts. Until you see who a team, especially the Bulls are going to bring back there's no way to really guess who they might take.

here Steve Kyler

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-60-pick-nba-mock-draft-42717/

has the Bulls taking not one freshman center BUT 2 of them.

I don't think many of these internet experts know who teams have

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
The thing is that GarPax needs to do is stick to their guns and do what they intended to do last year and get younger and more athletic. We had zero consistency from the shooters we did have (Mirotic, McDermott, Canaan, Grant, ect...). I have a feeling the FO will do what they can to keep Butler, Wade and Rondo together to groom the future for one more year. Rondo has been one hell of a surprise and I love what he does for us. He is honestly a much better coach already then Hoiberg will ever be. We just need the right guys for him to coach.

In this years draft, (if we don't trade up) we should target Bacon, Mason, Jackson and Briscoe.

Bacon and Briscoe are the most NBA ready IMO.

If we move up without trading Butler or Sacramento's pick fall out of top 10, we go for Monk who is an elite athlete/scorer.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Dwayne Bacon. Big frame, can score, got to the free throw line a decent amount. Good rebounder for his position, and for his size and length could probably develop into a good defensive player.

Meatballs won't like him because his last name isn't Sausage

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I have no idea what the plan is for this team. Not sure the front office or Hoiberg do either. One thing I do know is, you can't expect to compete in today's league being as poor of a 3-point shooting team as we were this season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no idea what the plan is for this team. Not sure the front office or Hoiberg do either. One thing I do know is, you can't expect to compete in today's league being as poor of a 3-point shooting team as we were this season.

We gave the Korver of the future to OKC for garbage.

czman

Liked Posts:
I thinks Terrance Ferguson might be a very interesting prospect and someone who I could see the a Bulls taking.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As long as we have a blockhead coaching staff, nobody is going to get developed. So really, even the best player in the draft will be wasted until something happens. And of course, that is another topic entirely. Just waiting on the 'Fred up' or 'Foirberg' threads to start.

I agree. I think that they have some young bigs who should have developed last season but didn't. In fact Portis regressed for a decent rookie year. I still think that the talent is there but Hoiberg is a bad coach.

They need two guards and that assumes that Rondo will be re-signed. Hell, they might still be playing if he hadn't got hurt against the Celtics.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Hawk said:
What this team needs is two guards that can get their own shots and yet set up plays. They have no real playmaker other than Rondo who is old.
Butler isn't a play maker?

Noted.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Remember all the people who said Valentine was the steal of the draft? High BB IQ, versatility and good size. Should have gone top-10, etc.

He might be good still, just not likely under Derfberg. And I think he should be groomed as a Point position, again, just not under Fred.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Remember all the people who said Valentine was the steal of the draft? High BB IQ, versatility and good size. Should have gone top-10, etc.

He might be good still, just not likely under Derfberg. And I think he should be groomed as a Point position, again, just not under Fred.
I agree that Valentine has potential to be something, but not under Hoiberg.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I agree that Valentine has potential to be something, but not under Hoiberg.

Do you think we can draft a head coach? If so, who would develop them?

I swear, for like 2 years Gar had a poster of Hoiberg on his office wall, and he spent all day shooting loads at it, building press hype, etc. Now it's just a crusty hot mess.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Bam Adebayo & Caleb Swanigan are my petcats. We need more active bigs both can score,rebound, and defend. I want one of these guys.

If we go Guard I also like Bacon. Maybe Justin Jackson of UNC. A wing who can shoot, defend and get a variety of shots.

PG: Frank Jackson... >.< A second rounder Frank Mason.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
its rigged. Lakers somehow managed to keep the pick

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Butler isn't a play maker?

Noted.

Actually Butler is not a playmaker. He can make plays but he is a score first kind of player. That was the big problem when he and Rose played together, Both needed the ball in their hands and pretty much took turns and neither set up the other worth a shit.