Jets Shopping Safety Calvin Pryor

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jets drafted two safties Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye. They are looking for a mid round pick for Calvin Pryor.

hi-res-0f3fc9a8268d1b2dbcbd6a322bc37b03_crop_north.jpg

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pryor sucks in pass coverage......

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuller for Pryor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
No thanks. I missed badly on him, I really liked him coming out of college. But he has been bad thus far.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Seem to remember a lot of Message board GMs wanted him at the Bears in the 1st round

The debate was between Ha-Ha, Calvin Pryor or Aaron Donald..... with most wanting A.D followed by Ha Ha (i was on the HaHa train)..... we took Fuller after A. D. went the pick ahead of us.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
ILB Mosley was also in the mix because that was the time team decided to part ways with Urlacher, and Mosley fit the bill with his very good athleticism and skillset (and was my favorite target for the Bears, even above Donald or Ha-Ha).

Btw. agree with posters who said that hard hitting SS with average ballhawk skills are dime a dozen in NFL (that's why I'm somewhat skeptical about Jamal Adams who may end up being a Pryor 2.0 for Jets).

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still probably better than Adrian Amos & Deon Bush.

Leave Amos at strong and he'll be fine. Leave Bush on the bus and we'll be fine.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
It just goes to show that SS are a fine a dozen.

This guy is a great example of why I didn't really want Adams or any safety at 3. It's hard to truly be a difference maker at the position. Pryor was the "day 1 elite starter" of his draft too.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
Jets drafted two safties Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye. They are looking for a mid round pick for Calvin Pryor.

hi-res-0f3fc9a8268d1b2dbcbd6a322bc37b03_crop_north.jpg

After having the draft sit over the last day, I feel as though we may have lucked out with the Eddie Jackson selection. He had a shot of being a round 1 or 2 selection last year and would have been the same this year without the injury. One thing that the backfield does not have is playmaking and EJ is known for being a playmaker in the backfield.

At this point as well, the LAST thing we need is another safety. We have EIGHT safeties and need to figure out who is worth keeping.

Amos, Prosinski, EJ, H-C, Demps, Bush, H-Q, and maybe Hall.

There will be a very thorough evaluation process coming up in the coming months to figure out this position because it is rather unlikely we will keep all of these players when we could probably use that depth at O-Line rather than the defensive backfield.

Question is, who doesn't make the cut?

Bush? H-Q? Prosinski?

How many safeties will the Bears carry this season.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
This guy is a great example of why I didn't really want Adams or any safety at 3. It's hard to truly be a difference maker at the position. Pryor was the "day 1 elite starter" of his draft too.

Not really. There was hard debate between Pryor and Clinton-Dix. I was on the Ha-Ha train, so I was pretty surprised when they took Fuller. Not that Ha-Ha is a superstar by any means, but he's better than anything we've had in the past... decade or so.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
After having the draft sit over the last day, I feel as though we may have lucked out with the Eddie Jackson selection. He had a shot of being a round 1 or 2 selection last year and would have been the same this year without the injury. One thing that the backfield does not have is playmaking and EJ is known for being a playmaker in the backfield.

At this point as well, the LAST thing we need is another safety. We have EIGHT safeties and need to figure out who is worth keeping.

Amos, Prosinski, EJ, H-C, Demps, Bush, H-Q, and maybe Hall.

There will be a very thorough evaluation process coming up in the coming months to figure out this position because it is rather unlikely we will keep all of these players when we could probably use that depth at O-Line rather than the defensive backfield.

Question is, who doesn't make the cut?

Bush? H-Q? Prosinski?

How many safeties will the Bears carry this season.

My best guess is that HJQ and Prosinski are cut off the top. Houston Caron and Bush would be the next potential cuts.

Demps is a lock to be the day 1 starter at SS. Hall and EJ will compete at FS. Amos may be in the mix and potentially even Fuller if he doesn't win a spot at CB.

There's a lot of ways the starting defense could end up. I would have liked Pace to address the front 7 a little more, but I guess they're banking on Goldman to stay healthy and be the anchor he can be. If McPhee and Houston stay healthy, Floyd takes a step up, and maybe even Bullard coming along, the Bears will be in really good shape. But the odds of all that happening aren't very good, IMO. The ILB position still concerns me. Freeman is on thin ice and is getting up there, and Kwiat is solid but I'm not sure he's a starter in the league.