Mr.Biscuit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Will Mitchell Trubisky be a Franchise QB? All votes will be visible.

mr-biscuit-paddy-butter.jpg

d346d92658ea9a81311722c070e8ed16.gif

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
I have no problem going on record saying that I think he'll be our franchise QB. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But I'm excited that the Bears may have just solved the QB position for the next decade.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
shit....if he can put stats like an Average QB and we make the playoffs, i'll take it.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Love the pick of a qb. I choose not to watch college though, so I will see what he does in the next few months before making my decision...

But I certainly love the way the position was addressed by 2 angles.

I can tell you what I would really enjoy though- watching glennon get the beginning of the year in a hoyer 2016 style safe passing game, generating interest, and getting traded at the high point for the 975,000 3rd and 4th round draft picks that pace gave up.
I heard that the bears traded so many that Briggs was retroactively traded and his stats re-assigned.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Trubisky in his 13 starts has shown that he has all the characteristics that you look for in a franchise QB. The knock is that he hasn't done it for long enough.

- Size
- Athleticism
- Arm strength
- Accuracy
- Poise
- Competitor
- Pocket presence

If Trubisky goes back and has a similar/better year, he is the consensus #1 overall pick. The Bears may have gotten a steal at #2 when you consider that.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trubisky in his 13 starts has shown that he has all the characteristics that you look for in a franchise QB. The knock is that he hasn't done it for long enough.

- Size
- Athleticism
- Arm strength
- Accuracy
- Poise
- Competitor
- Pocket presence

If Trubisky goes back and has a similar/better year, he is the consensus #1 overall pick. The Bears may have gotten a steal at #2 when you consider that.

.....and if you had to prove all that you say, how would the 13 games and / or his career at N.C. be used to show us he's a "franchise QB / steal at #2 "

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
after all was said and done the bears gave up the equivalent of a little more than a third round pick to move up. and even the 3 mid round picks in and of themselves dont mean shit really. without a qb those picks arent turning the team around, so its more than worth making the move for the chance at a franchise qb.

as far as im concerned he was the only qb worth a first round pick, let alone a top 5, so im more than happy with it and i wanted him to be the pick for months. so yeah, im optimistic that he can be a franchise qb

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky will, hopefully, be a top 10 QB in the league.....anytime you draft guys there is a risk....there is no guarantee any player will work out.....to get a top 10 QB you generally have to draft one high. This year was our best opportunity.

The best way to guarantee not getting a top 10 QB is to not try....

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not understand this thread. Did the Bears need a QB? Is he a QB? What's the problem?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not understand this thread. Did the Bears need a QB? Is he a QB? What's the problem?

three things from what I can tell......either someone is butthurt because we didn't draft the QB they wanted, or we gave a couple extra picks that they believe we didn't have to, or we should have "waited til next year" for a QB that will supposedly be better.

I can sympathize with the first but none of us are scouts and don't know or have been exposed to as much football as a GM with a team of scouts working for him.

The second is not known to us but by several accounts there were other teams inquiring about Trubisky at 2, but we will truly never know. Anyone that says they "know" is full of shit.

The wait til next year argument has plagued the Bears for a long time and one of the reason why we have been without a good QB for a long time.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

- Size
- Athleticism
- Arm strength
- Accuracy
- Poise
- Competitor
- Pocket presence

If he goes back and has a worse year, he's possibly going where Kizer went. Or if he goes back and gets hurt, he drops even further. Barkley was a high draft pick if he leaves a year early. Lot of ifs there.

Secondly, what do you expect a QB to be when you draft him #2? A franchise guy right? How would that be a steal if he does what you expect him to?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I voted franchise, however what is the standard to becoming a franchise QB? Playoff appearances? SB? Top ranking offense?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think he's going to be good. I like his demeanor on and off the field. You can tell once he gets on the field his intensity, focus, and overall demeanor changes quite drastically. He's very competitive. He has all the tools to succeed. He's athletic, big arm, he's a good runner when he decides to tuck it, very accurate, good decision maker especially in the red zone. I think he has excellent feet. Yes, he needs to refine his footwork, but I like what I see there considering his overall experience. I think he will have excellent footwork in the pros with more work under center.

His ceiling is pretty high, IMO. Top 10 QB in the league is about his ceiling. Sure, he could bust, but I think his floor is closer to Andy Dalton than a straight up bust. I said throughout that I wasn't a huge fan of picking a QB early but if they did, Trubisky would be the guy I'd be most happy with. I've always said that I'd trust Pace with whatever he decided to do and I'm more optimistic about Trubisky than I was before the draft. I think he'll be the Bears franchise QB for a long time and the best QB the Bears have ever had.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I watched a bunch of his games last night. I'm going with average at worst.
Who Grossman should've been. Who we wished we could've genetically engineered in Ortman.

There are some scary Cutleresque tendencies on his interceptions (not seeing someone jumping the route, no so much the throwing into triple coverage) I hope they can beat out of him.

Ideally they do beat that out of him and he improves the long ball accuracy. If so then we may have the franchise guy. But at this point I'd take a mobile Grossman who can evade side to side and forward instead of 50 yards towards the wrong goal. We got by with a headcase Grossman for a long time so I don't think he would be a complete bust.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I watched a bunch of his games last night. I'm going with average at worst.
Who Grossman should've been. Who we wished we could've genetically engineered in Ortman.

There are some scary Cutleresque tendencies on his interceptions (not seeing someone jumping the route, no so much the throwing into triple coverage) I hope they can beat out of him.

Ideally they do beat that out of him and he improves the long ball accuracy. If so then we may have the franchise guy. But at this point I'd take a mobile Grossman who can evade side to side and forward instead of 50 yards towards the wrong goal. We got by with a headcase Grossman for a long time so I don't think he would be a complete bust.

Where did you watch the games? I'd like to watch his season.