Hawks trade Scott Darling to Carolina

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think you are crying awful hard and lacking perspective for a supposed die hard fan.

So what is the core legacy?

These guys are all a bunch of pussy quitters that suck?

All their fans are bandwagoners because true fans have never complained about a call?

Dude...remember that one year Nashville steamrolled us, from the centers out?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just think you are crying awful hard and lacking perspective for a supposed die hard fan.

So what is the core legacy?

These guys are all a bunch of pussy quitters that suck?

All their fans are bandwagoners because true fans have never complained about a call?

Dude...remember that one year Nashville steamrolled us, from the centers out?

Wrong thread?

The same could be said about all of us lacking a bit of perspective about all of this. But I will still stand by my assertion that blaming the refs is the bastion of bandwagonner scum for any team and any sport. And there's a huge difference between complaining about a bad call and blaming the refs. Hell, even in 2012 Walkom & Co missing Torres trying to kill Hossa was probably one of the worst examples of officiating in recent memory...but it's not why the 'hawks lost that series. Just like this one--the 'hawks didn't lose because of shitty refs, they lost because they sucked. Will sucking be their legacy? Most likely not. But no one could call themselves a hockey fan and call what the 'hawks did in their playoff series this year anything but sucking hard.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wrong thread?

The same could be said about all of us lacking a bit of perspective about all of this. But I will still stand by my assertion that blaming the refs is the bastion of bandwagonner scum for any team and any sport. And there's a huge difference between complaining about a bad call and blaming the refs. Hell, even in 2012 Walkom & Co missing Torres trying to kill Hossa was probably one of the worst examples of officiating in recent memory...but it's not why the 'hawks lost that series. Just like this one--the 'hawks didn't lose because of shitty refs, they lost because they sucked. Will sucking be their legacy? Most likely not. But no one could call themselves a hockey fan and call what the 'hawks did in their playoff series this year anything but sucking hard.

I don't blame the refs for bad/missed calls in our playoff losses.... the Hawks were pathetic, they didn't deserve any calls.

There were a few blatant "playoff hockey" moments, but nothing against Nashville that I thought was egregious.... hell watch the bullshit happening with Anaheim and Edmonton.... Anaheim is cheating constantly to stay in the series, if Edmonton loses the series they have a right to cry foul on a number of goals by Anaheim that were assisted by GTI or non-called penalties.

The Hawks didn't even put forth an effort, reffing did not matter in our series and it wasn't bad.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong thread?

I believe my feeling that the first two games were not officiated well is an accurate assessment from someone that has watched ALOT of hockey, not just the Hawks over the last 5 years, as well as growing up with lots of dual sport hockey/soccer international players, teammates who I was introduced to the game with from a young age over 30 years ago, in Chicago.

Do you think the first two games were well officiated? It was one point among many I made, including Bowman, Q, the aging defense...etc. You just chose that ONE to zero in on and make assumptions and start attacking through your streaming tears.

I don't know what happened. We all have come to expect more from this group...but I think Toews and Anisimov were hurt during the series, and AA before. And couple that with maybe alot of veterans either not believing in the young players, or Q...and dropping the first 2 set the tone they couldn't overcome. It sucks. I don't think they suck. I think it sucks. It happened, we had a sucky series.

I'm not sure 2-3 players raising their level of play to hero status would have been enough, and not only were those heros unwilling to pay that sacrifice but it just seemed hopeless. These things happen. It doesn't come together. Alot of young and new pieces out there.

Somehow we got a #1 seed, and I believe we will be a better hockey team next year. The West was available for the taking, which makes it hard to swallow, but Nashville is a damn good hockey team, and my gut is Washington is the only team capable of stopping them, if Washington can keep going and not choke job.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Nashville happened to start slow then somehow even while Rinne started slow he turned into himself from 4 years ago late. While the Hawks has Crow hot earlier and Darling too so they stayed well atop the standings better than their talent. It was always clear all season long, except for February, the Hawks and Wild had records way better than their play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe my feeling that the first two games were not officiated well is an accurate assessment from someone that has watched ALOT of hockey, not just the Hawks over the last 5 years, as well as growing up with lots of dual sport hockey/soccer international players, teammates who I was introduced to the game with from a young age over 30 years ago, in Chicago.

Do you think the first two games were well officiated? It was one point among many I made, including Bowman, Q, the aging defense...etc. You just chose that ONE to zero in on and make assumptions and start attacking through your streaming tears.

I don't know what happened. We all have come to expect more from this group...but I think Toews and Anisimov were hurt during the series, and AA before. And couple that with maybe alot of veterans either not believing in the young players, or Q...and dropping the first 2 set the tone they couldn't overcome. It sucks. I don't think they suck. I think it sucks. It happened, we had a sucky series.

I'm not sure 2-3 players raising their level of play to hero status would have been enough, and not only were those heros unwilling to pay that sacrifice but it just seemed hopeless. These things happen. It doesn't come together. Alot of young and new pieces out there.

Somehow we got a #1 seed, and I believe we will be a better hockey team next year. The West was available for the taking, which makes it hard to swallow, but Nashville is a damn good hockey team, and my gut is Washington is the only team capable of stopping them, if Washington can keep going and not choke job.
1st, let's agree to end the hostility.

Now...
I won't say that officiating wasn't bad; it was and it has been all year long especially with the lack of a definitive line on what is and what isn't goaltender interference. But I will say that irrespective of the officiating: the way we played, we still get swept.

Toews has been down since 2016. I don't know if he had a nagging injury, or his paleo diet, or what, but Toews didn't look that good in 2016, didn't look good outside of February in 2017, Was invisible in the 2016 playoffs, and was virtually invisible in the 2017 playoffs. Anisimov, yeah, you can tell he wasn't better from that wicked ankle injury.

I don't think it's just 2-3 players that needed to play better; they all did. Toews was being manhandled and ragdolled, as well as making dumb puck decisions and stopping skating. Keith was making even worse puck decisions and regularly giving up on plays. Kane & Panarin were either shooting into Rinne's crest or 6' wide--not to mention that entire line (along with a lame (injured-type lame) Anisimov waiting for the *perfect* play. Seabrook & Hossa, while definitely putting in effort, looked old and slow--not to mention Hoss'a BRUTAL drop pass that should be keeping him awake at night. Crawford went between giving the skaters a fighting chance to stay with it to just giving up when the score got too high. Campbell and Oduya looked as outmatched as any rookie we iced. TVR and Kruger looked engaged but didn't have the talent to make much impact, and Hartman and Panik came down to earth at the most inopportune time.

Contrast this to the team-level of play and cohesiveness of February. So, yes, they sucked IMHO. They failed to play up the level they did this year (February) when it was indeed the time and place for them to go completely balls-out and bring their A-game. That, to me, is the hingepin of *how* we lost. Not whether or not we would have won the series...but how we went out. The 'hawks proved this season they were capable of playing a high-energy, high-skilled, cohesive team game through the month of February and in round 1 every player looked worse than their February offering. As someone who has followed hockey for about the same amount of time as you have, this is like cardinal sin #1 in just about every sport--you being your best game to the playoffs. Better officiating wouldn't have, in my opinion, changed the outcome as it was is the players aren't playing their best...we still get annihilated.

And even if we did bring our best game and still lost? It's easier to stomach like in 2009.