Hawks trade Scott Darling to Carolina

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And get a third-round pick in return.

Damn good deal for a goalie who was going to be a free agent in two months, eh?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep...makes expansion for us interesting.

Thanks Darling for your service here...good luck playing for the Canes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I had in my head if you stuck with Darling and traded Crow that a Carolina would of made sense. But solid gain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Guess the Hawks figured that any savings they could've earned by trading Crow and signing Darling weren't enough.

Seriously thrilled for Darling to get a shot at being the No. 1 guy. He's been through hell in his personal life but that's gotta be a sweet feeling for him now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Guess the Hawks figured that any savings they could've earned by trading Crow and signing Darling weren't enough.

Seriously thrilled for Darling to get a shot at being the No. 1 guy. He's been through hell in his personal life but that's gotta be a sweet feeling for him now.
Eh I don't think he will be for sure. They still have one more year of Ward and interesting if they sign Darling before and their Vegas option I guess would still make more sense to be Ward.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Initial feeling shock and regret. Then realization of free agency. And excitement over haul.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Congrats to Darling. I'll be rooting for him, since he's in a East and on a non-douche team we don't play often.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Good for Darling. Smart move by the Blackhawks on getting him out East with several Western Conference teams looking for goaltending help (including in the division). Obviously doesn't mean Darling is going to sign with the Canes but it helps the effort.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Happy for Darling. Sucks to lose him, but looks like Crow is safe. Now begs the question which big salary gets moved.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So that's a 3rd rounder for negotiating rights with Darling before UFA period starts? Good job Stan.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Happy for Darling. Sucks to lose him, but looks like Crow is safe. Now begs the question which big salary gets moved.

Kruger/Seabs/Hammer is the pot?

Cap is going up a bit?

Can we trade for a player that protectsTVR with that third rounder? then expose like Glass/TooToo/Kruger/and the trade guy?

Forcing them to take Kruger? Or we can pay to move Kruger in Debricats and Mottes and Pokka's and picks.

Is Toews allowed to restructure? How would he react to a trade-threat(that isn't even real)/restructure-offer combo?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget about Teuvo.

awIgcLM.gif

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In hindsight, the best 12 we could have iced in this years playoffs was probably

Hartman-Toews-Panik
SUPERflop
Smaltz-Teuvo-Hossa
Hayden-Danult-Rasmussen

still lose,

I think I'm over Kruger if he is going to slide around the ice at 30% speed and not be physical, reminded me of children doing pizza on his approach to hits.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In hindsight, the best 12 we could have iced in this years playoffs was probably

Hartman-Toews-Panik
SUPERflop
Smaltz-Teuvo-Hossa
Hayden-Danult-Rasmussen

still lose,

I think I'm over Kruger if he is going to slide around the ice at 30% speed and not be physical, reminded me of children doing pizza on his approach to hits.

I don't think personnel was the problem, Hox were beat mentally and lack of desire to win and an inner urge to get to the beach/golf course.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

Hartman-Toews-Panik
SUPERflop
Smaltz-Teuvo-Hossa
Hayden-Danult-Rasmussen

still lose,

There were maybe 5 plays all season where Krueger showed he deserved to be a not fourth line center. The rest of the season, he showed his limit should be fourth line. He will have another visa issue and miss time, and I think the hawks are almost hoping Vegas takes him. Not sure if they lose with those old line centers though.

As far as CArolina, I dont get this move for them. He has to remain a UFA past the draft so its June 21st expansion draft, two days later regular draft then a week to sign darling before FA starts, unless they want to expose Ward.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
There were maybe 5 plays all season where Krueger showed he deserved to be a not fourth line center. The rest of the season, he showed his limit should be fourth line. He will have another visa issue and miss time, and I think the hawks are almost hoping Vegas takes him. Not sure if they lose with those old line centers though.

As far as CArolina, I dont get this move for them. He has to remain a UFA past the draft so its June 21st expansion draft, two days later regular draft then a week to sign darling before FA starts, unless they want to expose Ward.

Carolina can sign Darling at anytime that they want, not sure what you mean by "He has to remain a UFA". I fully expect Carolina to protect Darling if they are able to sign him, and possibly even if they aren't but feel like they still can. Vegas won't be taking Ward with the amount of quality goalies that will be available.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Carolina can sign Darling at anytime that they want, not sure what you mean by "He has to remain a UFA". I fully expect Carolina to protect Darling if they are able to sign him, and possibly even if they aren't but feel like they still can. Vegas won't be taking Ward with the amount of quality goalies that will be available.
Which is what I expect and shows Darling still won't be a full on starter but maybe he does take reign over the Conn Smythe boy.

But how often have Stan and Ron Francis traded since he became the GM. He really has copied Tallon and took over the title of Hawks southeast.