Did the 49ers Really Fleece the Bears?

napo55

Liked Posts:
The 49ers have the following QBs on their roster: Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley. Almost all of the decent QBs are already drafted, with only Peterman left with several teams yet to draft before the Niners next pick in the 4th round.

So apparently they are going to gamble that they will have a terrible season and one of the top 3 picks in 2018 in order to pick an elite prospect.

Maybe those who are giving award to SF for this years draft should take a second look.

Man

Liked Posts:
The simple answer: No

The long answer: Both the Bears and the 49ers appear to have gotten what they wanted from the draft. It seems to me it was fair compensation for the move that was made. So I think there was no 'fleecing' and the fair was beneficial to both teams involved.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Everyone believes they 49ers will be great once Kirk Cousins is able to sign with them next year.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Everyone believes they 49ers will be great once Kirk Cousins is able to sign with them next year.

Provided that 1.) Washington actually lets him walk, and 2.) Someone else doesn't beat them to it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niners are waiting on Cousins. It's who their HC wants. They have a long way to go so they're just trying to get as many pieces together as they can. They had no chance of competing this upcoming season anyway. I don't think people here appreciate how talentless this team is. They are the worst in the league. They were bound to start with defense as they only have 1 good player on it and we've seen how bad that defense is without him, epic bad.

Maybe they fucked with Pace to get him to throw some picks their way for free or maybe Pace just panicked for nothing.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
well, technically that's not correct, they could franchise him again but at an astronomical cost.

you can only franchise twice. he will walk.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, technically that's not correct, they could franchise him again but at an astronomical cost.
Don't quote me unless I'm right but I believe a player cannot be tagged more than 2 years consecutively.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Cousins was franchised for the second time on February, 2017. Who knows where he will wind up in 2018.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cousins was franchised for the second time on February, 2017. Who knows where he will wind up in 2018.
Everybody. He made it quite clear when he said the only trade he would accept was to SF.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
If Mitch turns out to be a top15 QB. The Bears then did fine in the trade.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cleveland fleeced everybody.

Myles Garrett
Jabrill Peppers
David Njoku
Deshone Kizer

AND

Extra 2018 first round pick

ALL in the first two rounds.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
They did great and Hugh Jackson deserves some winners!

Myles Garrett
Jabrill Peppers
David Njoku
Deshone Kizer

AND

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Myles Garrett
Jabrill Peppers
David Njoku
Deshone Kizer

AND

It's not the first time Cleveland's looked like they were building something good. They'll fuck it up.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Yes it was a historic fleecing. They scouted Trubinsky and saw he wasn't good, so they acquired four picks to move down one single spot. It was the move of the century.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk