Is Eddie Jackson A First Round Talent?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can't tackle he won't be on the field. Safety is your last line of defense. Remember how bad Conte was at tackling?

Tackling is my concern also, but IF he's 1/2 what this vid commenting says about being a ball hawk, sounds like good value.

Word on timetable for that mending broken leg?? We're assuming full speed & strength will return, but even once healed that can be a while depending on the type of break. Should be close by now if not already good to go I'd think assuming no other damage occurred.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brett Kollmann has been touting Eddie Jackson for a few months now. He thinks that in any other draft, Jackson would be the top free safety in his class. He calls Jackson a slightly discounted version of Malik Hooker with elite return ability. He is a God awful tackler, but it doesn't matter much for a single high safety that is in charge of taking the ball away. He had Jackson going #12 to the Cleveland Browns in his mock draft. Kollmann's assessment of Eddie Jackson is at 18:54 of this video:

[video=youtube_share;OQnOc2XykwQ]https://youtu.be/OQnOc2XykwQ[/video]

Umm tackling does matter for a safety because I presume guys will make catches in front of him on occasion or RBs will get to the second level.

So his tackling is the difference between a 15 yard gain and a 60 yard TD. Not saying it's a bad pick as I much rather take a shitty tackler with ball skills in the 4th than in the first (looking at you Hooker) but he better improve his tackling if he wants to be anything more than a returner or nickel S.

Old Dirty Curtis

Old Slob
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did it say he's coming off a broken leg? Is that a big deal or not?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
That's great.

Can we agree that Pace is not allowed to draft another safety for the next two drafts
Agreed. maybe this isn't you meant, but Jackson gives us a full tank (or over-fill) on Safeties...

Demps, Eddie Jackson, Hall, Houston-Carson, Bush, Amos, Jones-Quartey, Prosinski

Good grief! That's 8 Safeties.

I hope this pick (and no CB draft) sends Deiodre Hall back to CB where he needs to develop & we need him.

And I'll say it again: Houston-Carson is the ballhawk FS that should have hit the field 2016. They need to field him at NB now (if not at FS). And wouldn't have given up on Bush so soon either.

Reactions: WCL

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
He seems to have the skill set the Bears have been looking for at safety for years. But he broke his leg last year and tore his ACL in 2014 so injuries are obviously a concern.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Word on timetable for that mending broken leg?? We're assuming full speed & strength will return, but even once healed that can be a while depending on the type of break. Should be close by now if not already good to go I'd think assuming no other damage occurred.

Did it say he's coming off a broken leg? Is that a big deal or not?
Not necessarily. Broke Oct, he was already running on it in Feb (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15cFQzJCpg).

Clean breaks heal completely. Certainly general durability concerns. But no reason he isn't full in TCamp.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
HaHa Clinton-Dix & Landon Collins both Alabama Safeties

They've transferred pretty well out of that system as of late.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Pace got Fleeced on this draft pick

I39m-being-fleeced-by-a-tramp-help-me-meme-41200.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Evaluators all over called him a 2nd round pick talent at worst had he not had the injury concerns.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can't tackle but I bet he can jump on guys, slow them down enough for Bush or Amos to clean it up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. Broke Oct, he was already running on it in Feb (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15cFQzJCpg).

Clean breaks heal completely. Certainly general durability concerns. But no reason he isn't full in TCamp.

when did clean breaks get rods in them?

Torn ACL, those take a full year to heal for a center fielder/change of direction so imporant at position.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
when did clean breaks get rods in them?

How do you think you immobilize a complete break? That's what the rod is for. To hold the two ends of the bone together tightly so they can heal properly.

I snapped my humerus in two pieces years ago. Had screws and a plate inserted to hold the two ends together. It's very difficult, if not impossible, for an injury like that to heal properly without surgery.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
Is that why he has a rod in his leg?

As I said two posts ago, the rod is for immobilization and serves no purpose once the bone has healed.

It's not typically taken out because there is no good reason to anesthetize and open somebody up (and all the risks that go with that) to remove it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said two posts ago, the rod is for immobilization and serves no purpose once the bone has healed.

It's not typically taken out because there is no good reason to anesthetize and open somebody up (and all the risks that go with that) to remove it.
Thank you, Doctor.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
Thank you, Doctor.

I'm not a doctor, but I do have an orthopedist in the immediate family and did have a similar surgery myself. You can ask a doctor for yourself if you'd like, though.

Reactions: WCL