Tarik Cohen

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a word yes. He played RB, but I saw him score on both punts and kick-off.

In DII, the guy is going to get blown up so insanely hard, omg....omg fucking fucking god, he is kinda stiff and while low, is going to get wrecked. Real players love to go after these types and make a highlight reel. Should have been undrafted.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, let's stop with the Wolfe comparisons. Wolfe isn't in the same galaxy as Cohen. I've seen this kid play live and if he sticks the Bears should have something special. He's way better than Langford (he actually catches the ball out of the backfield).

He could be the lightning to Howard's thunder.

[video=youtube;slt_q1c4MXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slt_q1c4MXI[/video]

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really? Because I see thicker legs. More power, not as good vision, running, or athleticism, or speed.

[video=youtube;xcq0I2gaVuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcq0I2gaVuU[/video]

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, of course, when I do comparisons I don't have to make the person in comparison somehow a bad player. I liked Wolfe coming out of NIU. I didn't think he got a fair shake with the bears either. But I feel like Cohen is a much more complete player.

And A&T is not DII. It's actually and FCS (formerly I-AA) school. And I happen to think it doesn't matter how big or small a school is. After all, the Bears did select Walter from then Jackson State College. We don't have to debate the big school little school argument over again because I believe it's pointless.

After a very odd draft, I feel like Pace really got this one right.

Madden

Liked Posts:
It's obvious Pace views a Sproles role for this kid. He had a visit to Halas Hall. I figured we'd probably try to grab him in the 5th. Can you imagine trying to tackle this kid after Howard has been pounding you the better part of 4 quarters? I think Carey is done.

I wonder if Langford is the one that will be cut. Although since he was Pace's pick he might be kept over Carey

Carey = 4.0 average and special teams player and is actually younger than Langford
Langford = 3.5 average and I don't think he plays special teams

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
OK, let's stop with the Wolfe comparisons. Wolfe isn't in the same galaxy as Cohen. I've seen this kid play live and if he sticks the Bears should have something special. He's way better than Langford (he actually catches the ball out of the backfield).

He could be the lightning to Howard's thunder.

Just because we can call them thunder and lightning I am in. Getting rid of tripford would be nice too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, of course, when I do comparisons I don't have to make the person in comparison somehow a bad player. I liked Wolfe coming out of NIU. I didn't think he got a fair shake with the bears either. But I feel like Cohen is a much more complete player.

And A&T is not DII. It's actually and FCS (formerly I-AA) school. And I happen to think it doesn't matter how big or small a school is. After all, the Bears did select Walter from then Jackson State College. We don't have to debate the big school little school argument over again because I believe it's pointless.

After a very odd draft, I feel like Pace really got this one right.

I like the conviction, well reasoned and stated. I'm not in that place right now and will defer to your judgement. I'm not happy though. But I digress and can trust you a bit here.

He shows some power in that tape, against I-AA players...I just have visions of Wolfe getting clothes lined like WWE still stuck in my head.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Really? Because I see thicker legs. More power, not as good vision, running, or athleticism, or speed.

[video=youtube;xcq0I2gaVuU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcq0I2gaVuU[/video]

The football looks over inflated in his hands. Like he's playing rugby.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because we can call them thunder and lightning I am in. Getting rid of tripford would be nice too.

I don't think you are up to speed on Pace the idiot, who traded for and then kept Khari Lee because he was familiar with him.

I fully expect our backfield will be Howard, Langford, Cohen. hahahahahahaahahahahahaha. If Howard gets nicked up we are going 0-16...thats how bad this fuck is.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Strangely nicknamed "The Human Joystick" (huh?), Cohen was drafted at least one round too high.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Trying to draft Sproles or Jones Drew is like trying to draft Randy Moss. Bears fans already learned this in 2006, but Pace wasn't here for the lesson.
MJD is the opposite of Sproles but same height

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

AussieBear

Garrett Wolfe 2.0??

Clearly we like hearing Darren Sprolles 2.0 more.

Total shift of pace & style from Howard, so could carve out a role.

Call me crazy, but I always thought Garrett Wolfe should've had a much better career but was stuck on shitty Bears teams that couldn't block with Legos. Shame of freak speed and talent. Both coming out of mid-level schools with huge numbers behind them. Dominating lower level doesn't always translate though. In 4th & beyond, you take shots. TBD.

well to be fair to wolfe.. when u basically only use him on 3rd and long draws... what kind of career do you expect him to have... it will come down to whether dowell is just as creative i guess.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
We should be able to take a break from bears fandom and acknowledge the ridiculousness of this catch.