#147 - Jordan Morgan OL

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/jordan-morgan?id=2558190

Jordan Morgan, OL Grade: 5.48

OVERVIEW
Morgan does not look like a Division II athlete. Listed at 6-foot-4, 320 pounds, the Philadelphia native has been overwhelming defenders since his redshirt freshman season, starting every game the past four seasons at left tackle. He started every game at left tackle in 2013, and then earned first-team All-Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference recognition in 2014. Morgan found national recognition with a spot on the Associated Press Little All-American squad as a junior, also earning the second of three consecutive first-team all-conference nods. Morgan again was in the national spotlight in 2016 as an AP Little All-American and a finalist for the Gene Upshaw Award for the top lineman in Division II. In an unusual move, he was also named the PSAC Offensive Athlete of the Year, an award typically awarded to a skill position player.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Has desired NFL mass with adequate arm length and big hands. Plays with light feet when coming out of his stance and into his work. Always working feet into position to secure his block. Drive blocker who grinds from his in-steps. Composed in his movements in space. Operates with adequate bend in knees and ankles. Possesses aggressive field demeanor and is always looking to finish. Hand placement is generally inside the frame and offers up decent leverage points. Maxes out his arm length with stiff, potent punch that lands at full extension.

WEAKNESSES
Ducks head as a run blocker at times. Needs to bring feet with him and up under his hips to increase potential to sustain blocks. Could struggle with balance early in his career. Needs to keep weight centered at his punch rather than lunging forward. May take time to get punch timed up with move from tackle to guard. Dominated smaller, less talented players across from him.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 4-5

NFL COMPARISON Hugh Thornton

BOTTOM LINE
Four-year starter at left tackle who was able to physically overwhelm much smaller opponents across from him. Morgan is a good athlete with the nastiness as a run blocker that is necessary to transition inside to guard, but he could be headed for early struggles mirroring NFL rushers in pass protection. Morgan could become a solid NFL backup with eventual starter potential if he improves his balance and stops lunging.
-Lance Zierlein

----------
Listed as OG from what I see, but says he's a 4 year starter at OT. Hopefully has NFL OT potential as CHI needs an OT not a n OG.

Just saw Mel & McShay talk about him as being "a bit raw", but experienced and durable. Likely to slide into GUARD in NFL.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I think he can play tackle, even though he's only 6'3, he has really long arms and good feet. Potential starter down the road.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel‏ @greggabe 18m18 minutes ago
More
Bears pick Jordan Morgan played Tackle T Kutztown but will move inside for Bears. He played for Bears staff in Sr Bowl and had a good week

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;T78zuFBAE8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T78zuFBAE8A[/video]

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Nothing like a D2 prospect that had to redshirt. Can't say I have ever watched a Kuntztown game in my life so I have nothing else to offer.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, depth signing with T upside. Sounds about right for 5th Rd pick.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I thought he was a Guard at first and was a little confused.

More competition at Tackle is a good thing though; I like the pick.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube_share;TAJVh6Eku4g]https://youtu.be/TAJVh6Eku4g[/video]

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Gonna go out on a limb and say this pick works out well if Fox got a first hand look at him in the Senior Bowl.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
He's gonna be a guard. Probably insurance for Long.

Why do you say that? Because Gabrial said that? He played LT for 4 years, and long arms. No reason they don't try him at RT.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Much better feet than Tayo Fabuluje!

Yeah.....I am hoping that he can challenge Massie at RT. Interesting pick for Pace here.....Small School Division II prospect with huge upside and athleticism. Let's see if he can handle NFL caliber edge rushing.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you say that? Because Gabrial said that? He played LT for 4 years, and long arms. No reason they don't try him at RT.

I know nothing about Gabrial saying anything.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
I know nothing about Gabrial saying anything.

Was a tweet earlier. However, after watching the Senior Bowl video, he did say that he transitioned over to G. Hopefully he gets a look at RT at least as I want to see some competition for Massie.