Support Another Team or Done with Football?

smilebit

Liked Posts:
Hi. Good points all around, guy. Although some would argue drafting an inexperienced and extremely raw QB who will sit for several years is exactly that: a job-saving move.

If he was in job saving mode he would've gone defense this year to try and make it an 8-8 season. He's got a vision and I'm willing to see where he takes us, at least it's different and risky for once as opposed to completely safe and predictable

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I might just watch the Raiders this year because I plan to move to Vegas in the next few years at some point anyway and they have an entertaining team that is innovative and drafts ballers.
Funny, but the Raiders were just as bad as the Browns for years until they got Carr.

That move was the big turnaround for them.

Why can't you see that Trubs gives us the best chance of us starting on the same round as the Raiders?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don't believe I ever promised either. I simply wanted to get a discussion going on the topic. How are you feeling about all this, JoJo?

Your discussion had two options. Thus, you have two options to pick from yourself. So go away.

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
I can't remember a team in recent memory that has alienated their fan base this badly. When it comes down to it, running a team is still a business and your fans pay the bills. I'm curious to see how bad the decline in ticket sales is this upcoming season. I wonder if it will be as bad as the years in Jacksonville where they would have to put giant banners over sections to avoid being blacked out.

Ticket sales mean nothing. They could play the games to an empty stadium and still turn a profit because of the TV money.

smilebit

Liked Posts:
I'll admit, guys. I'm pretty shocked everyone is calling for this thread to be locked. I thought CCS was a place where new ideas and progressive thinking were welcomed and debated without fear of backlash.

not sure if serious but if you are, you've been around long enough to know that anything you say has the potential to be met with backlash on this board-should only take a day to figure that out if you've read at least 2 threads

jordan757

Liked Posts:
Hi. Good points all around, guy. Although some would argue drafting an inexperienced and extremely raw QB who will sit for several years is exactly that: a job-saving move.

While the Trubisky pick angered me, I understood it. However the rest of the picks we made are beyond baffling. if we're going to take these small school project guys, draft the in the 6th -7th round were they belong. There is very good power 5 conference defensive talent on the board and we're reaching on offensive players that may not make the 53 man.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While the Trubisky pick angered me, I understood it. However the rest of the picks we made are beyond baffling. if we're going to take these small school project guys, draft the in the 6th -7th round were they belong. There is very good power 5 conference defensive talent on the board and we're reaching on offensive players that may not make the 53 man.

and on offense where we have a clueless staff. These guys are not brite. Pace is going to lose so many people jobs man. If I was a scout I would be pissed because the hole damn house is going to have to get cleaned when the fruit of this draft develops.

jordan757

Liked Posts:
Ticket sales mean nothing. They could play the games to an empty stadium and still turn a profit because of the TV money.

For now they don't, but if they ever lift the suspension of the blackout rule I have a feeling the bears wouldn't been on TV

jordan757

Liked Posts:
and on offense where we have a clueless staff. These guys are not brite. Pace is going to lose so many people jobs man. If I was a scout I would be pissed because the hole damn house is going to have to get cleaned when the fruit of this draft develops.

Between the mostly offensive draft and keeping Fox in the dark on trubisky I have a feeling this draft was designed to get Fox fired and for Pace to assert his dominance.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll admit, guys. I'm pretty shocked everyone is calling for this thread to be locked. I thought CCS was a place where new ideas and progressive thinking were welcomed and debated without fear of backlash.
Looks like you thought wrong. At CCS you get backlash.

Reactions: Myk

smilebit

Liked Posts:

You are most likely right about the staff, however, it did seem that at times Loggains had some innovative plays and things going on but he also had 2 turnover machines in his quarterbacks. My hope is, without 3 turnovers a game, maybe we'll actually see some drives and playcalling that might show Loggains isn't bad at playcalling. Like I said, you're most likely right but here's to hoping Glennon isn't a turnover machine in Chicago.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Someone that cunts this hard before a single player takes a single rep in a preseason game is either 16 years old or has the emotional intelligence of a 16 year old.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Its just one regime after another the damn McCaskey's put us through. Its not that I don't love the Bears...I love them too damn much. So much so I can't watch this. I have to turn this off and just smoke a blunt and calm the fuck down for like 2-3 years until Pace is gone.

If legalization doesn't go through do you think they'll add Bears Fan to the MMJ list of qualifying conditions?