Tarik Cohen Fastest RB in Draft

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a Pace fan. But I won't hold my thoughts on him jade my view of the reality of the draft. I had the Bears with 3 major holes that had to be filled, and a few they should address:

1) QB - Check - Likely best QB in the draft
2) TE - Check - Beast TE. Will be a factor day 1
3) S - Check - Took a ball-hawker who was a first rounder until he broke his leg

We also added RB who is a pass-catching marvel who will give our offense a dynamic weapon

And a G/T who should compete for a position/add depth on the line.

You can not like Pace. Again. I am not a fan. But, why are we unhappy with this draft?

Because it's anti-sexy. Few big school - big names picked. Combo of giving up picks that many didn't see as necc. whether it's bec they don't like the value pick on Trubs and/or believe the move up was not necc (by most accounts it very much was, so an all or nothing on QBs this draft move really).

I've been a Pace defender to a reasonable degree. I agree with your comments above, but will say it wasn't the draft I expected...Adams/extra picks, more DEF. This draft and Cohen pick especially showed just HOW MUCH he goes by BPA.

If I were at a poker table with Pace, I think we've seen that he plays largely by the numbers/odds, and less by situation or by gut or information outside his camp.

Pace couldn't care less what others think about his picks and that's painfully obvious. It could get him fired, but I'm confident that even with an improvement to average injuries, he's added enough new faces in the last few years to make it to 8-8 this season.

The early stretch is toughest and will really be difficult with few wins out of the gate. Fingers crossed the team learns quick & stays healthy man, or it could get ugly for Fox/Pace. This FA/Draft didn't appease the masses much, that's for sure.

n8boz

Liked Posts:
He's one of the most coordinated people on the planet. He also happens to be incredibly fast. Yes he's short. That's why he's not a 1st rounder. Google him. It's pretty impressive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
This is the only pick I'm not really a fan of. The Sproles comp is a little off. Yeah, he's short and fast but Sproles was stronger, bigger, and more explosive. He's not the ballcarrier Sproles was capable of being at times.

Cohen's gonna have to add to his frame if he wants to get more carries. If not, expect him to be used strictly as a receiver. Pace must love his route running ability to burn a 4th on him. Loggains will move him around. Slot, outside, backfield, in motion, etc. We'll see if he finds his niche in our offense.

Well, since Pace saw 1st hand what Sproles did with the Saints, I'd tend to think he knows a little more than you.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I am a half glass full kinda guy, but I must admit this draft left me with my mouth open twice, first the Trubisky trade up & then this pick.
Having watched The Truth carve up my Noles, I know he can play.

I would have preferred Watson due to experience, but Mitch can play.

The RB shocked me because I just felt he would go Pomphrey somewhere in the draft, I don't know why I just did.
So Mighty Mouse threw me for a loop, now doing more research I can see the talent but we also brought in
Kermit Whitfield from FSU as a slot/KR pure speed. Kermit is about the same size as MM so I know it's possible.
Without Kermit's kickoff in the BCS game it's possibly a different outcome to that game.. Go Noles & MM

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this pick just reminds me of the Wolfe pic......i hope im really wrong

Wolfe was a little guy that ran like a tough guy. He was never that quick twitch elusive type runner you expect of guys this size. There's a reason he only returned 6 kicks while on the Bears. I suspect Cohen outdoes that this year. He's neither Sproles nor Wolfe. He's just short and could be dangerous on 3rd down, from the slot or on returns. You can also set up for a run down, have him go wide and fuck with the safeties.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Cohen will be awesome until his first place from scrimmage when he's obliterated by a 6'3"/320 pound DE and he's carried off the field in a body bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington

Liked Posts:
Cohen will be awesome until his first place from scrimmage when he's obliterated by a 6'3"/320 pound DE and he's carried off the field in a body bag.

I'm thinking he's been hit in college by many large people. I'm going to let it play out. I know I'm more excited to see what he can do because I already know what Langford and Carey can (can't) do.

A flier in the 4th seems like a worthy try for me. The dude flat out produced in college. This write-up is impressive.

While only a bit over 5-foot-6 and 175 pounds, Cohen was one of the most productive running backs at the FCS level the past four seasons. The MEAC's all-time leading rusher (5,619 yards) and first three-time conference Offensive Player of the Year was an All-American in 2016, setting a school record with 1,588 yards and 19 touchdowns on 212 carries (37-339, one TD receiving). Cohen was a third-team All-American as a junior (264-1,543, 15 TD rushing; 25-217 receiving) and led the MEAC in scoring as well as rushing in 2014 (197-1,340, 15 TD rushing; 25-237, one TD receiving). Though he started only six games as a freshman, Cohen managed to run for 1,148 yards and eight scores on 195 attempts (11-152, one TD receiving).

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great pick! Should be instantly a top 5-10 returner! A homerun hitter as a change of pace player! I like it!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think he had the fastest 10 yard split at the combine, instead of the fastest 40. 1.47 is an exceptional time.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Great pick! Should be instantly a top 5-10 returner! A homerun hitter as a change of pace player! I like it!

He doesn't really have return experience though. So that's something he will have to learn

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"Nice try" at what?

He was trying to say we drafted a fast fucking player.

He was mistaken on who ran faster. Shit happens. It wasn't like he was trying to fool anyone that a slow RB is actually fast.

The kids fucking fast.

You aren't happy with the Bears drafting fucking fast scat back that will be a weapon for the offense?

What the living fuck is wrong with Bears fans these days. LIQIS

Alright damn it, WTF is going on around here?? I seem to find myself thanking Mongo's posts more after the draft and before it i'm not sure i ever thanked any of his posts. What did you do with Mongo??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
this pick just reminds me of the Wolfe pic......i hope im really wrong

You gotta have the right coaching staff on offense that knows how to use a guy with this size which i don't think we had in the G.Wolfe days. Was Wolfe the Lovie days or did we get him after Lovie??

Washington

Liked Posts:
Alright damn it, WTF is going on around here?? I seem to find myself thanking Mongo's posts more after the draft and before it i'm not sure i ever thanked any of his posts. What did you do with Mongo??

IMO, Mongo is just honest and calls it as he sees it - both good and bad. He doesn't blindly worship (or hate) people like Pace thinking every move he makes has been right (or wrong). I appreciate his sense of reality.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Dez: is it some sort mental tick that virtually every one of your threads must contain a factually incorrect statement? It's really bizarre and perhaps something you should seek professional help for.