Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I mean I was huge into taking Amos, but isn't he much more of a SS, or am I just football stupid on that one?

Bears have spent the last two years teaching Adrian Amos the FS position. He's almost decent at the position, they might decide to keep him as a back up at that position and groom Deon Bush at SS.

Quintin Demps is best fitted at SS but good chance that he will play FS.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
LCB: Prince Amukamara, Cre'Von LeBlanc, BW Webb
RCB: Marcus Cooper, Deiondre' Hall, Sherrick McManis

Amukamara: 2011 1st round pick by Giants. Played last year for Jags. 27 years old. 6'0. 7 career interceptions in 69 games played. Below average cornerback.
Cooper: 2013 7th round pick by KC. Played last year for Cards. 27 years old. 6'2. 7 career interceptions in 54 games played. Had a breakout season last year with the Cards making the Pro Bowl made 69 tackles and 4 interceptions in 15 games played. Potentially above average cornerback.
Hall: 2016 4th round pick by Bears. Played 8 games last year and had 9 tackles and 1 interception. 22 years old. 6'2.
LeBlanc: 2016 UDFA. Played 13 games last year and had 44 tackles, 2 interceptions and 1 touchdown. 22 years old. 5'10.
Webb: 2013 4th round pick by Dallas. On his fifth team in five years. 26 years old. 5'11. 2 career interceptions in 49 games played. Below average cornerback.
McManis: 2010 5th round pick by Houston. Has played for Bears since 2012. 1 career interception in 94 games played. 29 years old. 6'1. Below average cornerback.

Best potential going into 2017 season I'd say are Cooper, Hall and LeBlanc. Those not bringing me much hope except for on Special Teams are Amukamara, Webb and McManis. Picking a CB high in 2018 draft may make a lot of sense, especially if the guys we currently have don't exactly pan out.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
So, we're transitioning from mock drafts to mock charts :smug2:

Btw. John Jenkins is NT only, plus you missed CB Callahan.
Also, just want to say that with additions of Shaheen and Sims, Miller could easily get cut from team.

And now to the lack of quality, unit by unit:
QB - will Glennon be at least serviceable as transitional starter, can Trubisky start from Day 1 and be successful
WR - highly questionable level of quality all around, we may find a solid #2 and slot receivers from the bunch, but I just can't see a legit #1 go-to guy in that bunch
OT - Massie isn't a starting caliber RT, Leno is just average and swing tackle is of highly questionable quality, although they may try rookie Morgan in that role
DL - who is the 3rd starter alongside Hicks and Goldman, it's highly questionable if Bullard or Robertson-Harris can take that huge step to being legit starters
OLB - can they survive a season without multiple injuries, highly doubtful
CB - can someone from top end guys (Prince, Cooper, Fuller) ascend into shutdown corner role, that's the key
S - the big question here is can someone from the bunch (Amos, Hall, rookie Jackson) become a legit starter across Demps

Applefan

Liked Posts:
If healthy, Miller is a weapon in the passing game. See the Giants game last year. They really had no answer for him. Miller can be used as a big wr and can run routes Jeffery did. As for not having a true #1 wr among the wr corps, that's fantasy football bullshit. They all bring something to the table. As long as they get open, catch the ball and get 1st downs and td's, that's what matters.

Liked Posts:
1 of the things I kept getting bashed for a week ago was saying the Bears were going to make the DB position a competition. We have 15+ DBs on the roster & they are all young. BEST MAN WINS.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling Bullard is going to step up this year. Our WR is what is creeping me out. I was really hoping we would draft one. Maybe we see some two TE sets with shaheen and miller/sims that might help. I'm really excited to see shaheen in action. Tackle is pretty thin too. A couple of injuries and we are in trouble. As far as cb I think is sufficient enough for this season. Looks like an upgrade from last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Lol at our WR's, CB's and Safety's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None really being top talent except for one Kevin White who was drafted high but has had injury issues his two years here. Pace will need to make all three of those positions a priority in next year's draft and then we're not even touching on DT/DE/LB/OL so I guess those positions will have to be dealt with in the draft after next. It can be incredibly difficult building a team up through the draft especially when you started out with nothing. Pace essentially inherited an expansion team and was told hey go make that team a championship team in four years. Hey it don't work that way. If it's gonna be done right, it's gonna take some time and Bears fans need to be patient. There are only so many high draft picks a team can get every year. I think what had a lot of fans upset was having the 3rd pick they thought it'd be the perfect position to trade down once or multiple times to accumulate a whole bunch of high draft picks if they were gonna make any trades at all and simply thought trading up one for a QB and losing a couple third round picks was dreadful to the rebuilding through the draft process. I can understand where they are coming from, but the QB is the most important position and if Pace felt great about the guy, I'm not gonna fault him for making that happen because it really can be the most difficult position to fix. But now sure we've got a bunch of young guys at CB, S and WR as well as OL, DT and DE so I suppose Pace just wants to see first before filling any of those positions who's gonna have grown into a legit player and which ones haven't and then go from there. That's what 2017 is gonna be all about. Hopefully at least some of those young guys develop into good players.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I'm actually quite high on our WRs this year, assuming White can play injury-free for a season with decent production. Wright and Wheaton were both nice additions and both have shown the ability to produce as starters in the NFL. Bullard will likely take a step this year. Great talent and huge production in the SEC E, likely just needed a year to get himself caught up.

Bold prediction: Pace is high on Grasu, and if he is healthy and looking like the pre-season last year, he takes over at C and Whitehair moves to RT to replace Massey.