Martavis Bryant Runs 4.27 40 Time After Reinstatement

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Started 5 games in 2015 and had 765 yards, 8 TD.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Steelers draft Juju Smith-Schuster and may be looking toward the future without Martavis Bryant.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Friendly hand-timing and a stiff breeze (look at the shirt on the ground) didn't help at all.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Imagine if he had the healthy lungs of a nonsmoker; He'd go from blazing, fast to blazing-fast!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
New drugs?! I'd be speculating as to whole array of designer amphetamines......?! The guy's a friggin' Tachyon.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's obviously a risk with the weed but I would certainly be fine with trying to get him for a 5th round pick or so next year.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's obviously a risk with the weed but I would certainly be fine with trying to get him for a 5th round pick or so next year.

Hopefully he gets cut in the next few days.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we have Martavis Bryant then:smug2:

No, we have Markus Wheaton...

giphy.gif

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
This guy should have a big year if he stays healthy.

He's like Josh Gordon but only half as Special person.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's not going to get cut.

Good chance he'll be suspended for the first four games of the season. Steelers have replacements at WR for him.

Drafting Juju Smith-Schuster was a get your sh^% together or you're gone message. Darrius Heyward-Bey played well in 2016 and may help push him out.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Isn't he one suspension away from Josh Gordon'ing his career?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Good chance he'll be suspended for the first four games of the season. Steelers have replacements at WR for him.

Drafting Juju Smith-Schuster was a get your sh^% together or you're gone message. Darrius Heyward-Bey played well in 2016 and may help push him out.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/08/tomlin-applauds-martavis-bryant-respecting-process-knocking-rust-off/

Fortunately, the more humbled and mature Bryant understands this perfectly well, which is something that Head Coach Mike Tomlin conveyed yesterday during his pre-game press conference, in which he addressed a number of issues.

Regarding his talented third-year wide receiver, Tomlin said that Bryant has “been very good and communicative about knocking the rust off”, meaning that he understands that he is going through a process of getting back into the rhythm of football games and how to compete against defenses.

The head coach said that “you have to respect the time missed”—which included the entirety of the 2016 season—but he added that the wide receiver does just that. I suppose it would be hard not to if you are seeing the evidence first-hand.

Doesn't sound like he's in any danger of being cut. Martavis is a freak physically, and has #1 WR/playmaker upside, and the Steelers want to capitalize on that. He's got a ways to go, but is making some progress. We'll see on his reinstatement, I think he'll allow him to play the full 16.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Isn't he one suspension away from Josh Gordon'ing his career?

That's the risk. He seems "more mature", but some guys don't actually learn. We'll see.

Last I heard, Josh Gordon is trying to get back in the league. Maybe that'll work out.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The NFL (and society) should just change their stupid policy regarding marijuana use. As much pain as this game causes, it seems to me as someone smoking to relieve some of that pain is a whole lot less egregious than opioids. We all see now where THAT train-wreck leads to.