Draft Grades

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I'm not a fan of this draft but I wish I never clicked on that link. The written needs to go back to the 8th grade.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, this hasn't been posted a dozen times already.

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people hate this draft so much. Yes, there was no immediate starters and quite a few projects taken. But we weren't going to be competing in the next few years anyway.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Going to be fun seeing him eat his own ass next year on this review.

It would likely have to be a couple years before that happens. The Bears top 2 picks aren't really ready to play this season, although I could easily see Sheehan getting a good amount of playing time by mid season.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I don't understand why people hate this draft so much. Yes, there was no immediate starters and quite a few projects taken. But we weren't going to be competing in the next few years anyway.

The NFL is becoming a win now league. Players careers are shorter then ever. If a team takes 3-5 years to "rebuild" the pieces that were in place will need to be replaced. The cycle then restarts.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
the more the media, draftniks and "experts" bitch about this draft the more i like it.

how often do the teams that get praised for winning FA, the draft, or the off season actual accomplish anything?

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Trubisky becomes a franchise caliber QB and Bears probably end up having THE best draft class of all 32 NFL teams.
Trubisky fails badly and Pace gets fired.

That's just the way it is...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice when you get affirmation but really, it just means you've done the obvious. Doing the obvious gets you average. Average would be welcome at this point but I like that Pace has higher aspirations.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whoever wrote that is a dumb cuck.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:

Some of us are not all-in on the 2067 plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Philly whom everyone seems to love the Wentz move was getting Ds last year with "You just signed Bradford" comments. I was reminded of this by a couple friends who are eagles fans and are telling me hang in there.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
WalterFootball - Team Grade

Chicago Bears: F Grade
Goals Entering the 2017 NFL Draft: The Bears spent a ton of money on Mike Glennon, so why would they spend a first-round on a pedestrian quarterback prospect? Glennon is not the answer, but neither is Mitchell Trubisky or Deshaun Watson. Chicago has to add talent to its secondary, receiving corps and offensive tackle group.

2017 NFL Draft Accomplishments: This section is misleading because it says "2017 NFL Draft Accomplishments." The Bears didn't accomplish anything outside of setting their franchise back five years.

I can't believe how bad Chicago's draft was. Of the five picks the team made, three earned Millen grades. I can't say this for certain, but I'm almost confident that it's the highest percentage (60%) of Millen grades I've given to one team for any draft class. Thus, Chicago may have obtained the worst prospective NFL Draft class of all time.

The disaster began early when the Bears allowed the 49ers to con them into trading up to No. 2. They then made the mistake that numerous incompetent teams have made over the years, as they reached for a middling quarterback prospect over a superior talent. This has always backfired. Take a look at some examples from this decade alone:

- The Jaguars picked Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt
- The Titans picked Jake Locker over J.J. Watt and Tyron Smith
- The Vikings picked Christian Ponder over Robert Quinn
- The Dolphins picked Ryan Tannehill over Luke Kuechly
- The Bills picked E.J. Manuel over Tyler Eifert
- The Jaguars picked Blake Bortles over Khalil Mack

There are many more examples of this, so shame on the Bears for not learning from the mistakes that incompetent front offices have made over the years.

The rest of Chicago's picks were lackluster, save for the Eddie Jackson selection. What's worse is that the Bears failed to take care of their goals. They didn't pick up a tackle; they failed to find a receiver; and outside of Jackson, they didn't address the secondary, particularly the problematic cornerback position.

At any rate, I've said enough. This is the easiest "F" team grade I've ever given. I'm not even naming it a Millen. It's that bad.

Rise

Liked Posts:
WalterFootball - Team Grade

Chicago Bears: F Grade
Goals Entering the 2017 NFL Draft: The Bears spent a ton of money on Mike Glennon, so why would they spend a first-round on a pedestrian quarterback prospect? Glennon is not the answer, but neither is Mitchell Trubisky or Deshaun Watson. Chicago has to add talent to its secondary, receiving corps and offensive tackle group.

2017 NFL Draft Accomplishments: This section is misleading because it says "2017 NFL Draft Accomplishments." The Bears didn't accomplish anything outside of setting their franchise back five years.

I can't believe how bad Chicago's draft was. Of the five picks the team made, three earned Millen grades. I can't say this for certain, but I'm almost confident that it's the highest percentage (60%) of Millen grades I've given to one team for any draft class. Thus, Chicago may have obtained the worst prospective NFL Draft class of all time.

The disaster began early when the Bears allowed the 49ers to con them into trading up to No. 2. They then made the mistake that numerous incompetent teams have made over the years, as they reached for a middling quarterback prospect over a superior talent. This has always backfired. Take a look at some examples from this decade alone:

- The Jaguars picked Blaine Gabbert over J.J. Watt
- The Titans picked Jake Locker over J.J. Watt and Tyron Smith
- The Vikings picked Christian Ponder over Robert Quinn
- The Dolphins picked Ryan Tannehill over Luke Kuechly
- The Bills picked E.J. Manuel over Tyler Eifert
- The Jaguars picked Blake Bortles over Khalil Mack

There are many more examples of this, so shame on the Bears for not learning from the mistakes that incompetent front offices have made over the years.

The rest of Chicago's picks were lackluster, save for the Eddie Jackson selection. What's worse is that the Bears failed to take care of their goals. They didn't pick up a tackle; they failed to find a receiver; and outside of Jackson, they didn't address the secondary, particularly the problematic cornerback position.

At any rate, I've said enough. This is the easiest "F" team grade I've ever given. I'm not even naming it a Millen. It's that bad.

Ouch! Tell us how you really feel.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to remember being fired up because Jerry Angelo had nailed yet another good draft grade!!

Drafts just can't be instantly graded like that, at least not successfully.