The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Can we get a 2018 mock draft?

Do one yourself. We're Sox fans; it's not like we're lacking for time prior to the start of Bears season.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Since we are having fun “re-doing” the draft, I’m going to take a different direction. Following your premise that Trubisky is available at 3, I would then trade down to 12 for a very fair TVC deal which would be appealing to the Browns. Browns get 3 (2200), Bears get 12, 33, 52, 145 (2193). There is now no reason to trade down to 45 to recoup additional picks.

12 Deshaun Watson QB
33 David Njoku TE (the fudgies don’t trade back to 33 now and instead just select King at 29)
36 Markus Williams FS
52 Chidobe Awuzie CB
67 Jordan Willis OLB or Chris Wormley DE
111 Josh Malone WR (no need to take Jackson here, Josh is a 4.4 guy who caught 11 TDs from Dobbs in 2016 )
117 Tarik Cohen RB

fill in the rest for 145, 147, 221

Liked Posts:
I stopped reading at using the 3rd pick on a friggin safety. Thats right up there with Emery taking Fuller in the first for Tuckers cover 2 zone defense. A waste of a high pick. Pace didn't just get the first pick right I believe he got at least 4 of them right & the only one I'm on the fence about is Cohen because I haven't taken any time to watch him. Pace just did what should have been done in 2014 when Emery wasted an entire clip of picks, instead of moving up for Donald & going for a QB in round 2, & instead took a crew of players that have all underachieved & an UDFA was his best collegiate acquisition.

The one area where Pace has actually done ok after the fact is in the draft, & out of 3 drafts the only pick I can honestly say I didn't like from the start was Kevin White. Pace could draft better, but hasn't done nearly as bad in the draft as the OP is insisting. The Bears just nailed down their first real quality franchise QB, don't worry, it will be proven.