One mock draft

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
It's just one idea

Not the best in my eye

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/5/1/15469128/nba-mock-draft-2017-chicago-bulls-trade-jimmy-butler-phoenix-suns-markelle-fultz?yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

Saying Phoenix gets the #1 pick which they trade for Jimmy Buckets and the Bulls pick Markelle Fultz, PG, Washington

I don't think it's enough for the Bulls. Yeah great college player did it all in college. Say he's your lead dog, your best player and everything you need at one position. He's still only one guy and you gave up your lead dog, best player and everything you need at one position.

You also draft the risk of a young guy who doesn't mature as a person, can't handle life in the big city as an adult on his own, doesn't shoot as well from the longer 3pt line, doesn't get stronger to take the NBA pounding. I just think the Bulls also need to get another solid starting player and not another untested guy like Payne.

As for the Suns, they seem to have a good young core but are they really just that one veteran leader away from jumping up from the bottom of the West? I'm of the opinion that they like the 76ers and Timberwolves just put too many good young players together without some veterans in the mix to steady the ship. But mine isn't a popular idea.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would jump all over the #1 pick for Butler. It would commence the full rebuild this team needs. Though in reality GarPax would never do it and no team would ever offer it either.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I would jump all over the #1 pick for Butler. It would commence the full rebuild this team needs. Though in reality GarPax would never do it and no team would ever offer it either.

Why would they? If not for the Rondo injury, we'd still be playing. Or something I'm sure we'll hear when they speak today or tomorrow.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why would they? If not for the Rondo injury, we'd still be playing. Or something I'm sure we'll hear when they speak today or tomorrow.

We'll never know what might have been if Rondo didn't get hurt but losing him really did lay out the biggest weakness of this team which is lack of a good young point guard. or guards in general. This team, though, is terrible in its make-up and yet Paxson and Gar still have jobs due to Reinny.

Maybe they should trade Butler but I have no confidence that Gar/Pax wouldn't get fleeced in that move also. They need a lot needless to say but they have to tear this team up and start over with a new coach and management team.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Are the Bulls going to draft another shooter so Fred Hoiberg could develop them into a better than average rebounder?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are the Bulls going to draft another shooter so Fred Hoiberg could develop them into a better than average rebounder?
Yes. And then they will proceed to be neither a good shooter nor an above average rebounder.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls