Is Avisail Garcia finally breaking out?

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lean with hyatt that he might be pretty decent, but if you can trade high on him you should. He has no record of being consistently good for longer than a couple of months.

I agree with him also just wondering if he wanted value or he thought Avi would regress.

IMO I don't see Avi keeping it up also.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good plan. We found a good young hitter, trade em!!! Might as well move Anderson if his average blips up for a minute, and Abreu too without ever seeing what he could do with protection.

I think we are doing this right? Real White Sox fans now. We get it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So Rask, you have Avi as a star, is that correct?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good plan. We found a good young hitter, trade em!!! Might as well move Anderson if his average blips up for a minute, and Abreu too without ever seeing what he could do with protection.

I think we are doing this right? Real White Sox fans now. We get it.

That is the Reinny way. FInd someone with talent and who appears to be becoming good, trade him for someone you have no clue about whether they will be good or not. Don't spend any money in the process. Hell, if it were up to Reinny, they'd be the Padres. THe fans should show up because he deserves their money. IT is his right to be a baseball mogul.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with him also just wondering if he wanted value or he thought Avi would regress.

IMO I don't see Avi keeping it up also.

Then if he doesn't regress and instead becomes an all-star, you could always say that you had him right at the instant where he figured out how to hit a baseball and traded him away. Genius plan:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Rask, you have Avi as a star, is that correct?

He's got the tools to be a star. All this trade him talk is silly. He will not have a real "value" until he completes this season. Then decide what to do with him as anykind of Reinny "PLAN" to rebuild this team. Maybe the trade advocates can hope that Avi trips out and rips his uniform off on the field or breaks a bat over his knee after striking out.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then if he doesn't regress and instead becomes an all-star, you could always say that you had him right at the instant where he figured out how to hit a baseball and traded him away. Genius plan:(

I dont see him keeping it up. I hope he does, but I dont think it will happen.

This would be one instance that I hope I am wrong.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont see him keeping it up. I hope he does, but I dont think it will happen.

This would be one instance that I hope I am wrong.

I think he will be good as long as he keeps his swing short. The guy is a beast physically. He must go about 250+ and isn't fat. Some of his blasts are like Thomas used to hit. The crime for this team is their failure to not secure any left handed bats to protect Abreu and Avi.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
mqdefault.jpg

Breakin out? Does he got hoirpes or sumptin? Tsk Tsk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I liked the acquisition but I think Avi has shown what he is and a star he is not.

Star? Maybe not. But he's better than any other outfielder that they have by far and has potential to be very good. Stephenson is a great hitting coach and maybe he got through to Avi.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Star? Maybe not. But he's better than any other outfielder that they have by far and has potential to be very good. Stephenson is a great hitting coach and maybe he got through to Avi.

It's possible, but if someone overpaid like the Nats did for Eaton, bye bye Avi

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to believe Avi is legit. For a while, I was waiting for him to completely drop off, but this looks sustainable. Mostly because his approach at the plate has changed. More disciplined, hitting to all parts of the field, etc.

Gotta give some credit to Renteria here. Both Avi and Davidson have had really good seasons so far. Maybe Renteria is good with young player development? If so, that bodes really well for the future.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
And then he goes 4-5 with two homers and 6 RBI... Let's settle down with all the trade talk. The Sox have plenty of older players to move along with Q.