Is Avisail Garcia finally breaking out?

Ron Burgundy

Avisail-Garcia-Chicago-White-Sox2.jpg

Is Garcia finally having that breakout season.. or is this a tease?

More...

Last edited by a moderator:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Avisail-Garcia-Chicago-White-Sox2.jpg

Is Garcia finally having that breakout season.. or is this a tease?

More...

I don't know. We've seen some flashes in the past but I'm not ready to say this will continue. What I do like is his hitting to all fields and cutting his stroke down. He is as strong as they come and just making contact can send to ball out of any park in existence.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
And there is one of your OFers The Hawk

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
He started off the season hot two years ago, though then reverted back to his usual form. Jury is still out, but it would be nice to have a decent to good young OF on the team and cut down the amount of position players needed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And there is one of your OFers The Hawk

Yes he is. But he still is an unknown right now and the other guys are below average.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He seems to have better plate discipline this year but it's still early. It would be great to see him realize some of upside we were told he possesses.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which is why we are rebuilding.

Kicking the can down the road. Bad outfield all around, no left handed bats worth a shit. Bad catching. mediocre 2nd base. This did not have to happen if Reinny was even a decent owner. Instead he is a cheap a-hole who doesn't care about winning. Best thing for him to do is to sell the team and to give the fans a chance to enjoy their team.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Two more hits today, both to right field and abreau is warming up. Too bad that Reinny won't spend a bit about getting some left handed hitting pop in the middle of the order as in an outfielder and DH.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Too bad there are no fans to support the team.

Avi is one of your outfielders and for now he looks to be a core piece. 2b is Yoan all the way. Collins is in the minors as your future C. Jerry is allowing Hahn to work and he's been very, very good so far.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too bad there are no fans to support the team.

Avi is one of your outfielders and for now he looks to be a core piece. 2b is Yoan all the way. Collins is in the minors as your future C. Jerry is allowing Hahn to work and he's been very, very good so far.

So by the time these guys are ready, their best two power hitters will be gone, their best starting pitcher will be gone and it will be another kick the can down the road. Reinny is clueless. There is no plan that makes any sense. In order to rebuild, it needs to be coordinated so that a blend of veterans and new guys can come together. When you do this shit with hapless jerk reactions like the Sox have done, it is pointless. BTW what does Williams do anyway? Polish Reinny's shoes and fetch him drinks like a cabana boy?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
So by the time these guys are ready, their best two power hitters will be gone, their best starting pitcher will be gone and it will be another kick the can down the road. Reinny is clueless. There is no plan that makes any sense. In order to rebuild, it needs to be coordinated so that a blend of veterans and new guys can come together. When you do this shit with hapless jerk reactions like the Sox have done, it is pointless. BTW what does Williams do anyway? Polish Reinny's shoes and fetch him drinks like a cabana boy?

Who are the two best power hitters? Avi and Abreu? You will have Avi and you can do better than Abreu if he wants to leave.
Best starter will either still be here or traded for a boatload. We have starting pitching. Has not been our issue at all.
The clueless one seems to be you with what the team is doing.

I will fight for your right to be a homer, but I'll also point out what is realistic too. What you have proposed isn't.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is there two best power hitters? Avi and Abreu? You will have Avi and you can do better than Abreu if he wants to leave
Best starter will either still be here or traded for a boatload. We have starting pitching. Has not been our issue at all.

I will fight for your right to be a homer, but I'll also point out what is realistic too. What you have proposed isn't.

I was going to reply but then you did it for me.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The Hawk and Rask, We have many guys on CCS that identify as being White Sox fans. Even with that, less then 10% post in the White Sox Forum at all let alone regularly. We just aren't a popular team, even among it's limited fanbase.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Hawk and Rask, We have many guys on CCS that identify as being White Sox fans. Even with that, less then 10% post in the White Sox Forum at all let alone regularly. We just aren't a popular team, even among it's limited fanbase.

I'm a true fan of the White Sox but I get enough of certain posters on the Bears board.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who are the two best power hitters? Avi and Abreu? You will have Avi and you can do better than Abreu if he wants to leave.

Our best two power hitters are our corner infielders. It is you who are clueless about Abreu. He is still young and a very good middle of the line-up hitter. Trouble is that they have no left handed hitting pop in their line-up and there are automatic outs at the end of the line-up. Basically they have six hitters and that is not good.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Our best two power hitters are our corner infielders. It is you who are clueless about Abreu. He is still young and a very good middle of the line-up hitter. Trouble is that they have no left handed hitting pop in their line-up and there are automatic outs at the end of the line-up. Basically they have six hitters and that is not good.

Frazier...Keep him, he's Adam Dunn. Great guy, but he's trade bait if he can hit his weight.

Again, check our Abreu's numbers. Sliding every year since his first season. And he's not young. Not old yet either but about to be. He'll be 31 at the start of next year and what has changed over the past few years it will be quite rare to see any improvement from hitters on the wrong side of 30 going forward. I like him, but he's not Frank or Paulie. His rookie year he was second in fWAR. Then 11, 14, and this year 11. Middle of the pack type. He's fine to be your #2 or #3 hitter at this point in your career but he is not a team leader type player.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Frazier...Keep him, he's Adam Dunn. Great guy, but he's trade bait if he can hit his weight.

Again, check our Abreu's numbers. Sliding every year since his first season. And he's not young. Not old yet either but about to be. He'll be 31 at the start of next year and what has changed over the past few years it will be quite rare to see any improvement from hitters on the wrong side of 30 going forward. I like him, but he's not Frank or Paulie. His rookie year he was second in fWAR. Then 11, 14, and this year 11. Middle of the pack type. He's fine to be your #2 or #3 hitter at this point in your career but he is not a team leader type player.

I could live with Abreu as part of the Sox future Monopoly board, just not Boardwalk or Park Place.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario for Garcia? Hope he hits his way to a trade piece, then move him as fast as you can.