CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Just going by what's been tweeted, how anyone can have faith in this organization going forward is beyond me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They decided a year ago to get younger. Makes sense then that they signed Wade and Rondo.

They need to get better shooting, but it'll be tough to find that with their draft position. If only there was a trade offer made to get a high draft pick.

They didn't do a good job at getting players to work within Fred's offense, yet Gar is still going to be doing the day to day.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, it was awful.

They don't want to own up to any mistakes.
Stay the course.
They believe they have drafted well and we don't see it because it's a long term development.
Wade and Rondo knew what they were signing onto.
Excuses for every player with any form of injury.
Standing behind Fred.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Again, I didn't hear it, but the tweets didn't really seem positive in regards to their feelings on Fred.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You can't have a disappointing season and say, lets do the same thing next year. Even if they decide that is best, and maybe it is the best choice with all things considered at this point, you don't tell the press and fans using the tone they did.

It's like they live in some bubble, thought the press conference was going to be praise about the success of the team. Prepared to answer the questions in their head, only to show up and get asked why the team was BAD.

Mark Schanowski told Gar nicely, you haven't drafted anyone particularly good since Butler. Gar answers back with a winded and stubborn 'I disagree' type of answer. That tells you everything.

Ron Burgundy

John Paxson doesn’t commit to Jimmy Butler in press conference

butler-hoiberg.jpeg

The Bulls don't sound too committed to Butler. But will they fully rebuild?

More...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So much wrong with this team.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
undying reinsdorf loyalty>team

nothing changes with this guy and his teams

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
hey now, they're thinking about bumping up Jim Paxson to be a dissenting voice.

:derbulls:

I'll get a chance to listen to it in the car, or when I get home, but everything I read online points to Pax wanting to fire Fred, but Reinsdorf saying no.

There's only one voice that matters, and it wasn't up on that stage today.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just reading the title of this thread made me LOL.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Paxson should fire himself, if he wants to fire anybody. What a couple of goofs with their heads buried in the sand.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Again, I didn't hear it, but the tweets didn't really seem positive in regards to their feelings on Fred.

Pax seemed to stumble around the questions about Fred, but eventually said Fred was their coach.

Younger and more athletic, they tried that, they did not look for ball handling or shooting when they found younger and more athletic. Seems an important quality to have in a point guard. Grant moves faster than he dribbles, the rest cant shoot.

I particularly liked where Pax got a question about Niko, said he would defer to Gar on personnel questions, then butted in and answered what Gar did not say, then Gar said more, like they both needed the last word. Pax stating he expects Niko to stay in chicago if he signs here and not play any international games. Jimmy went to the games too, won a gold medal, was he supposed to stay too?

Complete clusterfuck with this organization. They cannot have exit interviews with the coaching staff because all of them left town. What kind of fortitude does that show when all the coaches bail before closing the year? Seriously.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I liked when Pax said he sets the culture and identity, but then said there was no team identity.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's Reinsdorf. For years I thought he was just a guy who trusted his people....but it's pretty obvious that the world of pro sports has passed him by. Eleven years before someone could convince him that 2005 for his White Sox wasn't the norm but an aberration....he still can't wrap his brain around the fact that it was Micheal Jordan winning those championships and not his organization. You might as well have a McCaskey running this franchise.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's Reinsdorf. For years I thought he was just a guy who trusted his people....but it's pretty obvious that the world of pro sports has passed him by. Eleven years before someone could convince him that 2005 for his White Sox wasn't the norm but an aberration....he still can't wrap his brain around the fact that it was Micheal Jordan winning those championships and not his organization. You might as well have a McCaskey running this franchise.

I've said this for years. Reinny is a shitty owner and always has been. Worse yet, he is a stubborn asshole who refuses to admit mistakes both on himself and his people. The last straw for me was Thibs and how he insulted the guy and supported Gar/Pax who undercut him completely. Freddie is a joke. They all are jokes. Fuck them all:(

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
The HC needs to work on developing leadership qualities.....

OMFG, that's like a Board of Directors saying the CEO needs to work on planning and picking good staff....

This franchise has hit rock bottom. If Jimmy Buckets was 24, i'd have a lot more hope, but he'd in his prime right now and getting worn into the ground.

I don't see a clear path to being good, which usually means a long term rebuild ala the Bears. Also, getting Blake Griffin now would be the dumbest move ever; what in the hell does that accomplish vis a vis winning a Ship'?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can't have a disappointing season and say, lets do the same thing next year. Even if they decide that is best, and maybe it is the best choice with all things considered at this point, you don't tell the press and fans using the tone they did.

It's like they live in some bubble, thought the press conference was going to be praise about the success of the team. Prepared to answer the questions in their head, only to show up and get asked why the team was BAD.

Mark Schanowski told Gar nicely, you haven't drafted anyone particularly good since Butler. Gar answers back with a winded and stubborn 'I disagree' type of answer. That tells you everything.

Interesting. Did he mention a particular draft pick or picks that were good ones?