The Mike Glennon Conundrum

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Have you seen this roster? 2017 is a wash. Change what exactly?

You realize mediocre ass Sam Bradford got a 1st Rounder right? Teams get desperate and Glennon's on the cheap after this year. Is it likely? Probably not. Also not out of the realm of possibility.

If you can't understand that the Bears are under a rebuild, really don't know what to tell you.

Glennon will take his rightful place as the Toys "R" Us mascot replacing Geofrey who recently retired. He'll have to wear a pretty big neck cast for awhile, though:(

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I want him to learn whatever he has to. I thought Watson was the one who got the low Wonderlic score. Let's not paint the Trubster as a dummy just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

check Dan Marino's score

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ironically, Trubisky went from someone who "hasn't played enough" to someone who can now "benefit from sitting."

How the fuck is that ironic? Who else would need time to develop if not the guy that didn't play enough?

I guess its back to shitposting now.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How the fuck is that ironic? Who else would need time to develop if not the guy that didn't play enough?

Relax man, everything's gonna be ok. I'll explain it to you tomorrow. But for now, here's some calming music to help you get to bed.

[video=youtube_share;FaRrq7cYu84]https://youtu.be/FaRrq7cYu84[/video]

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think the narrative about having a $16 million backup QB being unacceptable is out dated. This would have been horrible a few years ago when the caps was tight, but that it no longer the case. We have $20 million in cap space and were one of the most active teams in FA, and the cap is only going up next year. If Glennon plays well or just okay, he will be here for year 2, either as a starter or as the backup for Trubisky. The only way he is gone in year 2 is if he sucks.

..Or if we can trade him for a pick.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
This could end up a Carson Wentz situation similar to the Russel Wilson where both teams signed a vet QB to big contracts but the rookie ended up starting

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is no hurry here. However by week 12 there is no reason not to start a kid you sold the farm for. (Unless by some miracle the Bears are actually contending for a playoff spot with Glennon under center). Otherwise by then he should have learned everything "mental reps" and holding a clip board have to teach him.

images

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
theres no conundrum here guys a placeholder and insurance at some point either late this year or at the start of the next hes trade bait or our back up simple shit here

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A more interesting scenario......

Glennon come in and either stinks up the place or gets injured. By week 8-9, MT is starting and he doesn't look good, not at all.

Bears end up with the number 1 or 2 draft pick for 2018.

What do they do?

If it's #1, cut your losses, admit your mistake, run to the podium, and draft Darnold!! If you have the 2nd pick, trade down, Darnolds gone.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice strawman. But I'll bite. No, I want the Bears to set this kid up for success. This year is a wash anyway with the goal that Glennon plays well enough to get a 1st Rounder for him. :lmao:

That said, I think Trubisky will be ready sooner than people think. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him play this year. It's called adjusting expectations. Protecting the investment.

Need me to dumb that down for you even more?

Nope!!

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If it's #1, cut your losses, admit your mistake, run to the podium, and draft Darnold!! If you have the 2nd pick, trade down, Darnolds gone.

I don't think the Bears scrap Trubisky after only a half of a season.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Glennon will play at a Pro-Bowl level and we will trade Trubisky to Cleveland for 2 first rounders.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is thinking that the Bears, regardless of who is at QB, are going to the playoffs in 17. So, with that understanding, you start Glennon and see what happens. Best case, out of this world scenario, the Bears are better than everyone thinks and Glennon plays really well. So the Bears have a excellent or at least better than expected season, great. We have a QB controversy which is a unique problem for the organization. Or, Glennon is mediocre and somewhere in the second half of the season Trubisky takes over and begins the on-field learning process. If Glennon is just awful then I think that may be the worst case scenario because that throws Trubisky to the wolves earlier than is probably good for his career.

Glennon could be considered an over-paid back up. But had the Bears not gotten Trubisky then I think Pace was just hedging his bets and he clearly believed Glennon was the best QB available. Whether or not he is or is not is irrelevant to the argument. All is well and time will tell!

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
adipost said:
Ironically, Trubisky went from someone who hasn’t played enough to someone who can now “benefit from sitting.”

0d21598b3aec884ef04a4d5ff41feca01bac72bcc83f976216f6800241ce520e

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want him to learn whatever he has to. I thought Watson was the one who got the low Wonderlic score. Let's not paint the Trubster as a dummy just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I'd check since this wasn't available at draft time. A couple points one way or the other is meaningless for comparisons... beyond the general meaninglessness of the test.

1. Brad Kaaya (Miami) - 34/50
2. Nathan Peterman (Pitt) - 33/50
3. Trevor Knight (Texas A&M) - 30/50
4. Josh Dobbs (Tennessee) - 29/50
5. DeShone Kizer (Notre Dame) - 28/50
6. C.J. Beathard (Iwoa) - 26/50
7. Mitchell Trubisky (UNC) - 25/50
8. Davis Webb (Cal) - 25/50
9. Patrick Mahomes (Texas Tech) - 24/50
10. Chad Kelly (Ole Miss) - 22/50
11. Jerod Evans (Virginia Tech) - 21/50
12. DeShaun Watson 20/50

If you're a wonderlic believer, there's still nothing here strong enough either way to predict anything from these guys.
Once Glennon and Sanchez are gone, I wouldn't mid stealing Evans off GB's practice squad.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hoyer would have been the better choice, IMO. I don't believe for a second anyone at Halas Hall is thinking Glennon is going to star and be a great franchise QB. More likely they're thinking how many games can we get through with this guy before we start the Trubisky era?

I also think there is so much confusion about the Bears intentions cause Pace is making these head scratching deals. He's just a bad GM is all. I'd bet anyone that we won't see the playoffs til he's gone.

Keeping Hoyer would have everyone thinking we go QB with our 1st pick.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers