Now the hard work for Pace begins

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Let's be honest, it's not that hard to make up for AJ's production. I think as a whole they'll be better off this year, with health being the only caveat.

his production isnt the loss to our team

Just being on the field opened up the door to the bums to perform. Just look at the stats of the group of bums with and without him on the field. Sure he would have been an expensive decoy but cant deny that fact

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Meredith's production seemed to go up when Alshon was down.

I bet Alshon was not one of Pace's Bears Box Guys.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
his production isnt the loss to our team

Just being on the field opened up the door to the bums to perform. Just look at the stats of the group of bums with and without him on the field. Sure he would have been an expensive decoy but cant deny that fact

Yes and no. Cam produced regardless. Alshon being the Cutler of WR's doesn't kill thier chances of being productive as a group. There is Talent across the squad.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It's "then" not "than"

I loath grammar police on an internet MB. What's even worse, is one that won't say who they're talking to. I'd almost lay a bet that you're wrong.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
They so far have done nothing to address the run D. A healthy Goldman should help. We can't count on Trevathon coming off that terrible injury. I think the DL needs a RDE and better backups.

Well, scratch this as Jaye Howard was the #2 DE against the run in the entire NFL last year, and had a monster year the year before. He will slide right in at RDE for the Bears as a starter day 1 for Fangio.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
None of the offensive players drafted will start. For Christ sake they only drafted 5 players in all so you are going to tell me that this makes somekind of difference. Last years team quit at the end of the season, particularly on defense. They were a joke on the field running away from contact and dogging plays all around. I remember Portis coming off of the field yukking it up while the imbecile Fox was clapping his hands on the sidelines. Yeah, really great example of what great morale gives you on the Chicago Bears.

No offense Hawk, but didn't you learn anything from your last years thread about Pace not drafting any starters? :dunno:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No offense Hawk, but didn't you learn anything from your last years thread about Pace not drafting any starters? :dunno:

Other than Whitehair who I praised very early on as the Bear's best selection, who were the other Bear's starters? Floyd came closest to starting other than Whitehair. The rest of the draft picks were rotation guys or back-ups who filled in when the starters went down were they not? And I called that draft a good draft after my anger boiled down after they blew the Tunsil pick.

But, you tell me. who are next year's for sure starters out of this draft?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How exactly does starting every single game in which he played make Floyd "closest to starting?"

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Other than Whitehair who I praised very early on as the Bear's best selection, who were the other Bear's starters? Floyd came closest to starting other than Whitehair. The rest of the draft picks were rotation guys or back-ups who filled in when the starters went down were they not? And I called that draft a good draft after my anger boiled down after they blew the Tunsil pick.

But, you tell me. who are next year's for sure starters out of this draft?

Jordan Howard?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard?

Unreal. Shouldn't be surprised. So if were keeping score, then if the Hawk hates a move or a draft that Pace makes then it will work out for the team in the long run.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the Bears did in the draft is pretty standard, even if some are upset that they largely ignored the defense.

Teams that invest high picks in QBs always follow it with investments around them and not in the defense.

Jamies Winston

-2nd round OT
-2nd rouind OG
-5th round WR
-6th round WR

1 Defensive Draft Pick

Marcus Mariota

-2nd round WR
-3rd round OG
-4th round FB
-5th round RB
-6th round C
-7th round WR

1 Defensive Draft Pick

Jared Goff

-4th TE
-4th WR
-6th WR
-6th TE

1 Defensive Draft Pick

Carson Wentz

-3rd round OG
-5th round RB
-5th round OT

4 defensive picks [1 6th, 3 7ths]

The fact that the Bears went almost all offense makes sense, considering their defense is better than most of the teams listed outside of LA.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unreal. Shouldn't be surprised. So if were keeping score, then if the Hawk hates a move or a draft that Pace makes then it will work out for the team in the long run.

In a post right before that one, I mentioned Howard a being one of the four starters the Bear's have gotten out of three drafts. Think that is good? Howard, Goldman, Floyd, and Whitehair.

WookieOnRitalin

Liked Posts:
In a post right before that one, I mentioned Howard a being one of the four starters the Bear's have gotten out of three drafts. Think that is good? Howard, Goldman, Floyd, and Whitehair.

If you can show me which teams had a higher success rate of producing starters over the last two season or in those player's first two seasons (rookies and 2nd year players), then I would gladly support your argument.

The reality is, traditionally, it takes players a bit of time to get to the field and it is often not immediately.

People forget, Grasu would have been a starter if not for the emergence of Whitehair/Grasu's injury. Kwitkowski will also be a nice rotational player in the future and likely Bullard. You also left out Adrian Amos who has been a solid addition to the defense if not a game changer (a guy found in the 5th round!). Also forgotten is the Langford produced several good outings as a rookie before being overtaken by Howard.

Pace has not drafted busts or it is fair too early to call any of them a bust. To be honest, I am not sure what to expect of any player after the 4th round.

AND we have no idea what will happen to the players in this draft. Trubs will be a starter at some point. Same for Shaheen and possibly Jackson (assuming he can stay healthy). So you can add another 3 starters to that list and probably Kevin White as well.

So an argument can be made that Pace will create the following starters in these three drafts:

Trubisky
White
Whitehair
Shaheen
Goldman
Amos
Howard
Jackson
Floyd

9 starters out of 22 is not a bad hit rate in only three drafts.

Bottom line, Pace has made this team better. We are younger and more athletic.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loath grammar police on an internet MB. What's even worse, is one that won't say who they're talking to. I'd almost lay a bet that you're wrong.

It is whom they're talking about not who they're talking about.....

Hammer

Liked Posts:
If your GM can acquire 2 quality starters per Draft, then your franchise is in good hands, because it's hard to expect more than that.

Also, considering players career span, if you draft 2 quality starters on average, you basically covered the whole team in 10 years span, and that's more than enough, IMO.

So, from that perspective, Pace drafted 4 quality starters in first 2 Drafts (RB Howard, G/C Whitehair, DT/NT Goldman and OLB Floyd), with his last draft (from just a week ago) still up in air (QB Trubisky and TE Shaheen have a good chance to become that kind of quality starter type, plus some late round pick can always surprise, for example FS Jackson).

Plus, there are some guys who might make "the leap" in their sophomore or junior seasons (like WR White, C Grasu, DE Bullard, CB/FS Hall, SS Amos), and don't forget that WR Meredith was Pace's UDFA pick (that should also count), he's most probable player to get on that quality starter level in 2017.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you can show me which teams had a higher success rate of producing starters over the last two season or in those player's first two seasons (rookies and 2nd year players), then I would gladly support your argument.

The reality is, traditionally, it takes players a bit of time to get to the field and it is often not immediately.

People forget, Grasu would have been a starter if not for the emergence of Whitehair/Grasu's injury. Kwitkowski will also be a nice rotational player in the future and likely Bullard. You also left out Adrian Amos who has been a solid addition to the defense if not a game changer (a guy found in the 5th round!). Also forgotten is the Langford produced several good outings as a rookie before being overtaken by Howard.

Pace has not drafted busts or it is fair too early to call any of them a bust. To be honest, I am not sure what to expect of any player after the 4th round.

AND we have no idea what will happen to the players in this draft. Trubs will be a starter at some point. Same for Shaheen and possibly Jackson (assuming he can stay healthy). So you can add another 3 starters to that list and probably Kevin White as well.

So an argument can be made that Pace will create the following starters in these three drafts:

Trubisky
White
Whitehair
Shaheen
Goldman
Amos
Howard
Jackson
Floyd

9 starters out of 22 is not a bad hit rate in only three drafts.

Bottom line, Pace has made this team better. We are younger and more athletic.

I see 5 starters out of 22 so we will just have to agree to disagree. I hope that you are correct and I am wrong.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Dude, how many quality starters do you think GMs get, per Draft average?

And also, how many starters did you expect from first 2 Drafts?
(I say first 2 Drafts because you can't judge players from 2017 class, who didn't see the field jet.)