3D Printers

AussieBear

anyone got one? easy to use?

Say i wanted to learn make my own transformers. i already have 3d software and some abilities making 3d objects. anyway

what kind of things should one be looking at in terms of specs?
do all 3d printers print abs plastic?

aldi has one coming for 499 AUD

233946x.jpg

AussieBear

been doing lots of research on 3d printers and various molding techniques.. during this time i found out the aldi 3d printer is a rebranding of a Wanhao Duplicator i3 V2.. atleast da 2016 version was. they were on sale fore a day in 2016 and sold out and now they be backs for 2017. i may hold off until 2018.

i want to push my 3d modeling up another lvl before jumping into a 3d printer. need to research plastic filaments mo better.. fusing, smoothing etc etc....i also want to learn various joint design and other toy related shat the next year. if i meet said goals the next year, ill be fine dropping 5 hundo on a printer.

this guy made a mp prime on a 3d printer.. plans are free on the interwebs... he transforms said thang in other vids out thurr..

[video=youtube;hNSemlWO2aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNSemlWO2aw[/video]

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I built one for someone, high resolution extruder, full delta steppers.

3D printers, right now, are incredibly disappointing. They are slow, sensitive, create a lot of flaws, final product still needs a lot of finishing, size limited. Oh, and the maintenance. Cleaning the machine, rebuilding parts loaded with filament dust melted in. FUN TIMES. Yeah, wait until these problems are closer to being solved, right now the best extruders STILL have a lot of issues, and cost $300+.

Lot of work for little return if you just want to make figurines. This is not a side hobby, you would need to be committed through and through.

AussieBear

theres definitely some depth there. enough to make me take a step back to learn some more before i end up buying the wrong machine or an expensive paper weight i rarely use. hopefully i can reach my goals and make the purchase, but i have several projects on me list. i go on spurts of all day work, but having a family, i cant do that everyday anymore. those work til ya drop, sleep four hours and repeat for weeks on end are no longer fashionable in my household.