IST: Cubs vs Yankees

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
NY-YANKEES-vs.-CH-CUBS.jpg

Friday 5/5 1:20 CDT Pineda (3-1,3.14 ERA) vs Hendricks (2-1,4.18 ERA)
Saturday 5/6 6:15 CDT Montgomery (1-1,4.15 ERA) vs Anderson (2-1, 6,23 ERA)
Sunday 5/7 7:05 CDT TBD vs Lester (1-1. 3.67 ERA)

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I sure hope the wind blows out this weekend. They say Bryant and Judge played a series when they were at San Diego and Fresno state. something about a 7 hour game where they went 5-18 with 8 strike outs. Lets hope they bounce home runs off the video board.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Good start to the season for Starlin Castro. I'm glad he's doing well and it's cool that the Cubs are doing something for him before the game.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
And this is why we got Davis. Rondon can't be trusted to be the closer in high leverage situations anymore. Yes, he's been squeezed but Jesus Christ, he's been all over the place.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This happened also because Maddon used Davis in a 8-3 win over the Phillies

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not the HR....it's the fucking walk that preceded it. You just don't walk guys with the wind blowing in...it always burns you.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
This happened also because Maddon used Davis in a 8-3 win over the Phillies
So what? He had to much confidence in Hector. Wade should of came in. Its the Yankees they hit the ball like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So what? He had to much confidence in Hector. Wade should of came in. Its the Yankees they hit the ball like crazy.

But Davis could not come in because he pitched too much in the last few days, should not have used him in a game that was essentially over, 8-3 top of the 9th at home with Phillies, you don't go with the closer

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
But Davis could not come in because he pitched too much in the last few days, should not have used him in a game that was essentially over, 8-3 top of the 9th at home with Phillies, you don't go with the closer
8-3 lead against the Phills, right you dont go with your closer. But pitching to much? That's crap! He put Chapman 3 games straight in the series last year and even in multi innings. With Maddon its all about confidence.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
8-3 lead against the Phills, right you dont go with your closer. But pitching to much? That's crap! He put Chapman 3 games straight in the series last year and even in multi innings. With Maddon its all about confidence.

Unfortunaly Rondon is not the same since the second half of last season

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Shouldn't of had to use Davis at all against the phillies..
Those games should of been easy wins..

He pitched Tuesday cause he hasn't been used in a few games and then Wednesday and Thursday were 1 run games..

Rondon should of been able to get 3 outs pitching against bottom of order..
No difference if he pitching the 8th or 9th , do your job and get 3 outs with a 2 run lead..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I refuse to ever actually watch the homerun

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Shouldn't of had to use Davis at all against the phillies..
Those games should of been easy wins..

He pitched Tuesday cause he hasn't been used in a few games and then Wednesday and Thursday were 1 run games..

Rondon should of been able to get 3 outs pitching against bottom of order..
No difference if he pitching the 8th or 9th , do your job and get 3 outs with a 2 run lead..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

People just dont see it. They dont see how Maddon almost blew game 7 with his pitching decisions, Chapman was clearly gassed by game 7. But you are so right, first week in May and you need to throw your closer three times in a row? Its not that he had to win those games, he had to look ahead to this yankee series. Rondon had 60 saves over his first two years closing, then was deemed not good enough. Where do people expect his confidence to be, especially, after getting hosed on a strike 3 that kept the inning going. Umps are fans too, they know the cubs dont trust Rondon, he does not get that call at the bottom of the zone.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
People just dont see it. They dont see how Maddon almost blew game 7 with his pitching decisions, Chapman was clearly gassed by game 7. But you are so right, first week in May and you need to throw your closer three times in a row? Its not that he had to win those games, he had to look ahead to this yankee series. Rondon had 60 saves over his first two years closing, then was deemed not good enough. Where do people expect his confidence to be, especially, after getting hosed on a strike 3 that kept the inning going. Umps are fans too, they know the cubs dont trust Rondon, he does not get that call at the bottom of the zone.

What a remarkably stupid comment. The entire baseball-watching world was questioning Maddon's managerial decisions in Game 6 and 7. It was literally one of the most discussed aspects of the World Series, yet you've somehow come to the conclusion that, "People just don't see it."

Good stuff.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Here we go again....

What the fuck is up with our pitching? Especially the first innings?

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here we go again....

What the fuck is up with our pitching? Especially the first innings?

Really, this is ridicolous, it happens almost every fucking game

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
And we thought Lester tosses bad to first.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Also, just seen that Szczur was DFAd... Kinda random. Lose a solid bench player...