1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This has been reported by Jim Miller.

Draft Dr. Phil @FulphilO

My guy @JimMillerRFN reporting he was told Jimmy Haslem was promised by the FO they'd secure Trubisky after drafting Garrett.was Furious ❌

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here's more:

"Former Bears quarterback Jim Miller, now an analyst for CSN Chicago, heard from his sources on draft day that Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam was furious his team wasn’t able to get back up the board to land Trubisky. He explained on the Bears Talk podcast why Pace made the right move.
“NO I’M NOT BECAUSE I WAS TOLD SPECIFICALLY ON DRAFT DAY THAT THE OWNER OF THE CLEVELAND BROWNS WAS VERY UPSET, JIMMY HASLAM, THAT THEY DIDN’T GET MITCHELL TRUBISKY. HE WAS PROMISED THAT THEY WERE GOING TO GET HIM. IT DIDN’T HAPPEN. EVEN HUE JACKSON CAME OUT TODAY AND SAID HE THOUGHT PATRICK MAHOMES HAD THE MOST UPSIDE OF ANY QUARTERBACK. WELL, THEY FAILED FROM THAT ASPECT TOO WITH CLEVELAND BECAUSE KANSAS CITY LEAPFROGGED THEM GOING FROM I THINK #25 (#27) TO #10 TO GO TO THE BUFFALO BILLS SPOT. SO NOT ONLY DID CLEVELAND MISS ON TRUBISKY, THEN THEY MISSED ON MAHOMES WHO THEIR HEAD COACH WANTED.”

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/05/ryan-paces-trubisky-move-infuriated-cleveland-browns-owner/

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
In all seriousness, if they wanted Trubisky THAT BAD, they should have drafted him number 1.

You gotta be pretty damn ignorant if you think you can guarantee yourself 2 players in one draft.

Even worse to promise your boss that has a penchant for firing people...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
In all seriousness, if they wanted Trubisky THAT BAD, they should have drafted him number 1.

You gotta be pretty damn ignorant if you think you can guarantee yourself 2 players in one draft.

49ers were going to draft Reuben Foster if the Bears drafted Solomon Thomas.

So if you're the 49ers you can get both players you want.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
There's a lot more to the story...

And you all know what I think of Pace's moves these last few years. Some of the dumbest rookie GM mistakes I've ever witnessed.

But if anyone (*cough* Remy *cough*) doesn't understand that not only did Pace put one over on the 49ers, but also completely fucked what the Browns were trying to do, you don't have a fucking clue.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I keep saying it but it's true. Pace knew how bad Cleveland wanted Trub. If they promised the Big Boss they were going to get him I'm sure they would have done everything to trade to number 2. I just think they felt thier only threat was the Jets, which is why they had a deal in place with the Titans at #5. They assumed like everyone the Bears would take Adams and Jacksonville Fournette.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
49ers were going to draft Reuben Foster if the Bears drafted Solomon Thomas.

So if you're the 49ers you can get both players you want.

All I have to say is look at the QB they took....

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I keep saying it but it's true. Pace knew how bad Cleveland wanted Trub. If they promised the Big Boss they were going to get him I'm sure they would have done everything to trade to number 2. I just think they felt their only threat was the Jets, which is why they had a deal in place with the Titans at #5. They assumed like everyone the Bears would take Adams and Jacksonville Fournette.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Yeah Foster is damaged and CJ Beathard is trash. I'm not sold on Thomas either.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No, the Bears got fleeced.

In Greek mythology, the Golden Fleece (Greek: χρυσόμαλλον δέρας chrysómallon déras) is the fleece of the gold-haired winged ram, which was held in Colchis. The fleece is a symbol of authority and kingship.
Trubs, the Golden Fleece. Our new symbol of authority and kingship.

Now that would be a cool nickname for Trubs, The Golden Fleece, especially if he becomes a star QB allowing the Bears to symbolically give the rest of the NFL the middle finger for saying that the Bears got fleeced.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There's a lot more to the story...

And you all know what I think of Pace's moves these last few years. Some of the dumbest rookie GM mistakes I've ever witnessed.

But if anyone (*cough* Remy *cough*) doesn't understand that not only did Pace put one over on the 49ers, but also completely fucked what the Browns were trying to do, you don't have a fucking clue.
I just have to say, I am not sure I am comfortable with this kinder, gentler, positive outlook Mongo

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Its been reported that pace was on the phone with the browns to trade down,and at the EXACT same time courting the 49ers for the second pick to draft Trubs.

Its pure fucking genius..

Pace,GOAT

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Chinese

Liked Posts:
The Bears were in discussion in trading down. More importantly to 12 with Cleveland other teams as well. When in fact they played everyone who thought the Bears weren't even in play for Trubs...slight of hands by Pace..even if Trubs never becomes anything the FO did make this draft the most interesting in years. Fucked up most draft mocks instantly but also you saw good players falling later in that found that shouldn't have been there

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'd call up the Browns and say put your best offer on the table for Trubisky and then sweeten it some more.