1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That is some wild ass speculating...

Wow.

Exactly... The Rosen stuff cracks me up. He was all over ESPN after his first start but WTF has he really done? Josh Allen, I don't think so!

Hammer

Liked Posts:
When comparing Trubisky and Darnold, you need to keep in mind that Darnold (born in 1997) is 3 years younger than Trubs (1994), and that Trubs would be 24 years old prospect in 2018 (which is about 2 years older than your average Draft prospect).

Also, none of them is guaranteed to repeat their 2016 seasons, so who knows what would have happened, but if they had another 2 equally good seasons in 2017, Darnold would probably be picked as #1 in front of Trubs because of much younger age (with same amount of college experience) because that equals upside.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Well the Browns really wanted him so I can't see him being bad.
Yes, but for the curse to take hold they need to actually select him (yes, I know the Bears are cursed as well).

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
there is no such thing as curses or else hawks and cubs would still be eating shit. Its like saying Im cursed cause I have never won the powerball

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
When comparing Trubisky and Darnold, you need to keep in mind that Darnold (born in 1997) is 3 years younger than Trubs (1994), and that Trubs would be 24 years old prospect in 2018 (which is about 2 years older than your average Draft prospect).

Also, none of them is guaranteed to repeat their 2016 seasons, so who knows what would have happened, but if they had another 2 equally good seasons in 2017, Darnold would probably be picked as #1 in front of Trubs because of much younger age (with same amount of college experience) because that equals upside.

That's a fair point for sure.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackson
Darnold
Falk
Trubisky

No. Not #1 overall..at least IMO

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jackson
Darnold
Falk
Trubisky

No. Not #1 overall..at least IMO

FT, you really didn't like Mahomes so why do you like Falk? He's another Air Raid guy. Jackson is an amazing athlete but is he going to be a NFL quality passer?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
FT, you really didn't like Mahomes so why do you like Falk? He's another Air Raid guy. Jackson is an amazing athlete but is he going to be a NFL quality passer?

Because Falk is so fundamentally clean it's not even funny. Not to mention Leach =/= Kingsbury. I didn't dislike Mahomes because he came from the air-raid. I disliked because I didn't see a lot of what he did well in college that made him so good translating to the NFL. What Falk does so well in college translates to the NFL IMO.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Trubisky would be about the seventh best QB prospect in the 2018 draft.

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Luke Falk, Washington State
6. Trace McSorley, Penn State
7. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina

That could change drastically during the 2017 season, but for now that's about right.

Did you bother to look at the stats for all those QBs? Most have clearly inferior numbers compared to Trubisky. So what exactly is your thinking?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA, injuries, off field issues, 59% compleition percentage in a bad defensive conference.
3. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State just no
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming 56% compleition percentage and 15 INTS in the MOUNTAIN WEST
5. Luke Falk, Washington State noodle armed air raid QB
6. Trace McSorley, Penn State 6' 200lbs QB that has limited physical skill set

That could change drastically during the 2017 season, but for now that's about right.

Trubisky would be #2 if he even had a similar year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because Falk is so fundamentally clean it's not even funny. Not to mention Leach =/= Kingsbury. I didn't dislike Mahomes because he came from the air-raid. I disliked because I didn't see a lot of what he did well in college that made him so good translating to the NFL. What Falk does so well in college translates to the NFL IMO.

But he still has a pretty limited physical skill set.

I think he could be a good NFL QB, but hardly has elite physical upside.

My guess is it would be

1. Darnold
2. Trubisky
3. Falk

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
What if Mitch stayed in school and he was one of top picks next yr then pace would be getting killed for not taking him this yr . I personally wanted Adams lol
Why would pace be getting destroyed if Trubisky had elected to stay another year. By definition, he wouldn't be able to select Trubisky.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Wow.

Yup, my post was wild ass speculation. You know this entire Bears forum is nothing but wild ass speculation these days. Look at this thread, it literally starts with "what if". You got guys Predicting Trubisky will be a top 10 NFL QB based on 13 college starts, it doesn't get more speculative than that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yup, my post was wild ass speculation. You know this entire Bears forum is nothing but wild ass speculation these days. Look at this thread, it literally starts with "what if". You got guys Predicting Trubisky will be a top 10 NFL QB based on 13 college starts, it doesn't get more speculative than that.

Darnold has that many starts and you are projecting him #1.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Mitch Trubisky went another year with 68% completion percentage and a 5:1 TD:INT ratio and then ran a 4.67 and showed superior athletic ability that he would some how be the 7th QB drafted?

The major knock on him was experience and if he played 2017 at UNC then that knock is more than likely gone.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If Mitch Trubisky went another year with 68% completion percentage and a 5:1 TD:INT ratio and then ran a 4.67 and showed superior athletic ability that he would some how be the 7th QB drafted?

The major knock on him was experience and if he played 2017 at UNC then that knock is more than likely gone.

^^^

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Luke Falk, Washington State
6. Trace McSorley, Penn State

Wow.

Darnold has that many starts and you are projecting him #1.

:whoosh:

Calling my own post 'wild ass speculation' didn't give you a clue?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Darnold is a nice prospect

Jackson, I do not think will end up playing QB in the NFL. Super undersized and a 55% passer.

Rosen, apparently is a off field train wreck and chucked a 59% completion percentage in the PAC 12 before getting hurt again.

Falk, is undersized and does not have a huge arm so I think the pre draft process is going to be tough on him.

Rudolph, big guy who looks the part and might make a charge into the 1st round.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:whoosh:

Calling my own post 'wild ass speculation' didn't give you a clue?

I am cool with speculation.

If it is well thought out and logical and not a weak attempt to troll the Bears new QB.