Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Mitch Trubisky went another year with 68% completion percentage and a 5:1 TD:INT ratio and then ran a 4.67 and showed superior athletic ability that he would some how be the 7th QB drafted?

The major knock on him was experience and if he played 2017 at UNC then that knock is more than likely gone.

Wild ass speculation?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I am cool with speculation.

If it is well thought out and logical and not a weak attempt to troll the Bears new QB.

He would have to read this to be trolled. Oh no, do you actually think Bears players read this shit? That is adorable!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He would have to read this to be trolled. Oh no, do you actually think Bears players read this shit? That is adorable!

Troll the Bears fans about the new QB.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
But he still has a pretty limited physical skill set.

I think he could be a good NFL QB, but hardly has elite physical upside.

My guess is it would be

1. Darnold
2. Trubisky
3. Falk
Bu this most important skill set is stuff that actually matters at the NFL level. Trubs gives off this odd Jake Locker vibe to me. Falk to me comes off as Carr-lite. Prior to Falk deciding on coming back to school I had him as the 3rd best QB on my board. I thought he was a 1st round type guy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bu this most important skill set is stuff that actually matters at the NFL level. Trubs gives off this odd Jake Locker vibe to me. Falk to me comes off as Carr-lite. Prior to Falk deciding on coming back to school I had him as the 3rd best QB on my board. I thought he was a 1st round type guy.

To me Trubs is not like Locker, he is way too accurate to be Locker, although they are similar athletes.

I think that Falk is going to get beat up by the process and the system. I know the system just had a guy go top 10, but Falk is going to be 6'4" 210lbs, run a 5.0 [40] and not blow the radar gun away.

I like Falk, but as a draft prospect I do not think he will be in the conversation for the top 10.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Locker was shockingly bad passer for a top 10 pick

54% completion percentage, 53:35 TD:INT

Trubisky: 68%, 41:10

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The problem with locker, besides injuries, is that he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me Trubs is not like Locker, he is way too accurate to be Locker, although they are similar athletes.

I think that Falk is going to get beat up by the process and the system. I know the system just had a guy go top 10, but Falk is going to be 6'4" 210lbs, run a 5.0 [40] and not blow the radar gun away.

I like Falk, but as a draft prospect I do not think he will be in the conversation for the top 10.

I think Falk will walk into the combine 6'4-ish 220lbs. He'll get stronger this year. I don't think he's going to blow the athletic part of the game away but I'm betting he blows away the interviews and white board processes as well as the private workouts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Knocks
1) 13 games 2) lost last 4 of 5 games ( plus lost bowl game) 3) when teams prepare for NC "O"....they can fool trubs i.e. Stanford 4) Leadership

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Falk will walk into the combine 6'4-ish 220lbs. He'll get stronger this year. I don't think he's going to blow the athletic part of the game away but I'm betting he blows away the interviews and white board processes as well as the private workouts.

He probably will and he will need to.

I think the one guy who we can say would have been higher than Trubisky without much debate is Darnold. Although USC QBs are scary and seem to struggle to consistently put good years back to back.

After that I think he would be in the competition for the next guy. Assuming everyone replicated their 2016 years.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Knocks
1) 13 games 2) lost last 4 of 5 games ( plus lost bowl game) 3) when teams prepare for NC "O"....they can fool trubs i.e. Stanford 4) Leadership

Where did this leadership one come from? I would love to see one credible draft related person who has brought this up.

Stanford is an interesting game. The 2 picks were horrendous decisions on his part, but after those 2 throws he had a really strong game and almost tied it up all while wearing Solomon Thomas as a 2nd jersey.

13 games is legit and will need a specific development plan from the Bears.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Knocks on Trubisky

1. 13 starts
2. Consistent deep ball accuracy, he throws a nice deep ball when he sets up, but air mails a bunch out of bounds.
3. He only threw 6 picks, but 3 that I watched were of the dumbass variety.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you have not watched the Stanford game you really should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Y9GHL2slE

There are a couple quick thoughts,

1. I love the way he moves in the pocket to buy time and create space to throw. Early on a couple of nice intermediate completions from sliding in the pocket.

2. The first pick is bad, but also a really nice adjustment by the safety to come off the shallow crosser and jump the deeper crosser.

3. The guy is a legit threat with his legs

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knocks on Trubisky

1. 13 starts
2. Consistent deep ball accuracy, he throws a nice deep ball when he sets up, but air mails a bunch out of bounds.
3. He only threw 6 picks, but 3 that I watched were of the dumbass variety.
And that's my main rub. I think people to often confused lack of INTs with actual accuracy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And that's my main rub. I think people to often confused lack of INTs with actual accuracy.

I don't think it is an accuracy problem, really bad reads.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are some things Trubisky can't do and that's ok. I just hope the Bears take the attitude of what a lot of great OC's take with guys. Let them do what they do well. Scrap the other stuff.

I've posted this before but from Aikman it's really good.

Troy Aikman gave an interview once and was talking about how he was successful in the NFL. He gave a lot of credit to his OC's. He kind of jokingly said that it was pretty simple. Not every QB has to be able to make EVERY throw. People get so tied up in that. He was talking about his relationship with Norv Turner and how when Turner came to the Cowboys from the Rams they got rid of a lot of throws/plays. Aikman talked about how with the Rams Jim Everett was really great at throwing the post corner route so the Rams ran that route quite a bit. Aikman wasn't great at that throw so Turner and him scrapped it from the playbook and concentrated on throws, plays, and routes Aikman was great at like the deep digs, and in's, the posts, etc. People freaking out about if Watson, Kizer, Trubisky, etc can make all these throws are missing the mark. If they get with smart OC's they will concentrate on throws they are good at and magnify the positives.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jay Cutler = 6'3, 230, cannon for an arm. how that work out for Jay?

In the end game it's going to come down to Mitch's mental makeup and competitive drive and wanting to be the best. He also has to deal with becoming a multi millionaire of which many can't deal with instant fame and riches ("I made it attitude").

Does he lose his edge with the fat paycheck and just wants to be "one of the guys" or does he have the will and motivation to become one of the best.

I like were he was asked what is your favorite subject in college and he said Football. Also, I like the fact that as a young boy, not in high school ( ballboy ) he was always interested in going to the QB meetings at high school instead of tossing the pigskin. I'm hoping this passion translates to MT wanting to become the Best

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are some things Trubisky can't do and that's ok. I just hope the Bears take the attitude of what a lot of great OC's take with guys. Let them do what they do well. Scrap the other stuff.

I've posted this before but from Aikman it's really good.

I agree. It will be fascinating to see what they do to develop him, surround him with talent, and manage his transition to the field.

The Bears made such a shit show of Cutler, I just hope they learned.

Scooter27

Liked Posts:
So I scrolled thru 5 pages of this to see if 1 person acknowledged that the OP'S statement makes no sense.

He says "if mitch stayed in school, that pace would be getting killed for not taking him"

Lmao no one sees what's wrong with that?

If he stayed in school then how could pace be killed for taking him? He wouldn't be draft able.

Carry on