Here is my problem with the Trubisky pick ......... LEADERSHIP

Jawbreaker

Liked Posts:
The physical tools report on Trubs is positive. But I went to college in the state of Carolina and I still have many friends down there and all report that YES he has all the tools (except the accurate deep throw) and NO they don't believe in him as a leader. I have also heard many Scouts say the same thing.

QUIET guy by nature and not a galvanizing leader of men according to Scouts. Sound familiar?? Reminds me a little bit of Cutler that way. With so many dynamic leaders and Alfa dog quarterbacks on the board, to pick a quiet guy with questionable leadership skills is troubling. I hope I am wrong and I hope that Trubisky becomes the next great QB in the NFL but I have my doubts. The Bears needed a Jim McMahon type and instead it seems like we got more of the same.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's nothing like Cutler as Cutler was not a quiet leader. Cutler appeared to not be a leader at all or a disinterested leader.

He doesn't come across as a vocal leader or true alpha dog but he doesn't need to be. Different ways to lead.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm sure there have been "quiet" QB's in the past in the NFL... I'm sure if his skill is good enough, respect (thereby trust) will be there and therefore leadership. Trust is key to the process, if the O and the Coaches trust his abilities then he can lead even though quiet.

In my opinion.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Rise

Liked Posts:
It all depends on how he performs on the field. Thats all that matters. Do you look at Eli Manning and think vocal, alpha dog leader? No you think even keeled, calm under pressure. If Trubisky is the same, a calming presence when the lights are brightest he will be fine. If he is quiet and shrinks under pressure he will fail. Same thing goes with the loudest, vocal alpha qb in the world.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The physical tools report on Trubs is positive. But I went to college in the state of Carolina and I still have many friends down there and all report that YES he has all the tools (except the accurate deep throw) and NO they don't believe in him as a leader. I have also heard many Scouts say the same thing.

QUIET guy by nature and not a galvanizing leader of men according to Scouts. Sound familiar?? Reminds me a little bit of Cutler that way. With so many dynamic leaders and Alfa dog quarterbacks on the board, to pick a quiet guy with questionable leadership skills is troubling. I hope I am wrong and I hope that Trubisky becomes the next great QB in the NFL but I have my doubts. The Bears needed a Jim McMahon type and instead it seems like we got more of the same.

Do your friends play for the Bears?

If not, their opinions don't matter.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why jump on the guy for saying what his friends in Carolina saw in Trubisky? Does this board only take pro-Bears stuff? Pretty boring shit if it does.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
If he lets his play do his talking for him, and doesn't let it get in the way of communication, there won't be problems. Marcus Mariota is quiet, too.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it is really hard to judge the character of a 22 year old just coming into the NFL. These kids have had people kissing their butt since they were under 10 years old in most cases. And now comes yet an even bigger test, getting handed money putting them into the top 1% earners at such a young age. Suddenly money is no object.

I do remember Pace telling Trubisky to make sure he drives that old car he has to Chicago. Maybe Trubisky in fact is not as babied as some driving around in that thing. Maybe he will prove to be a great leader. Maybe he will just be a party animal. I don't know. But I have seen party animals grow up to be great leaders, and I have seen the most serious kids in the world turn into drug addicts. I think it is WAY to early to know this about Trubisky.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why jump on the guy for saying what his friends in Carolina saw in Trubisky? Does this board only take pro-Bears stuff? Pretty boring shit if it does.

No one is jumping on him for what his friends thought. We are commenting on the leaps of logic he made as a result. Great his friends don't believe in him as a leader. Ok he offered no reasons for that opinion. Further not sure what that has to do with Cutler as there is nothing in what his friends said that leads one to jump to he's like Cutler.

I went to UNC, share season tickets with a few buddies and thry all believe in him as a leader. In the end none of it matters as.all that matters is whether his Bears teammates believe in him it not and that's unknowable right now.

And this is from a die hard Watson fan.

czman

Liked Posts:
They say Montana was very quiet. I think the leardership crap is a bit overrated. Coaches have to lead. Players can be leaders, but it doesn't matter if they don't perform. No one cares about leadership if you can't play and leadership does by a QB does not make guys get open easier.

Guys who can get open and make plays with someone who can get them the ball accurately and on time..............Leadership won't matter.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything I heard was that his teammates trusted him and respected him. Good enough for me.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little over the top but I get what the op is stating. I would prefer a more alpha personality QB on my team but as long as he can ball it won't really matter. Maybe if he has success he will gain some swagger and confidence and grow into a leader of men.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
It all depends on how he performs on the field. Thats all that matters. Do you look at Eli Manning and think vocal, alpha dog leader? No you think even keeled, calm under pressure. If Trubisky is the same, a calming presence when the lights are brightest he will be fine. If he is quiet and shrinks under pressure he will fail. Same thing goes with the loudest, vocal alpha qb in the world.

I would think that Montana was also not a rah rah, butt cheeks to the cameras type of leader either.