The TE Depth Chart Discussion

Davide

Liked Posts:
It's a very interesting situation. Without a clear number 1 option I think that Miller is too much important in the passing game to be cut in the offseason. Shaheen is raw and still a project, Simms is an offseason sign, Brown showed some promises sign last season.

It's very uncommon to keep 4 TE in the 53, but i think that's the case. They can steal the fullback spot.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a very interesting situation. Without a clear number 1 option I think that Miller is too much important in the passing game to be cut in the offseason. Shaheen is raw and still a project, Simms is an offseason sign, Brown showed some promises sign last season.

It's very uncommon to keep 4 TE in the 53, but i think that's the case. They can steal the fullback spot.

Yeah but they are really going to need a good lead blocker if that is the case and most TEs are not good lead blockers partially because they are pretty tall and can't use their leverage as well as typical fullbacks are.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they keep 4 and 4 runnings backs.

Shaheen and Cohen should be viewed as development players.

Miller/Sims and Howard/Cunningham should carry the bulk of the load until the bye week to assess things.

Thinking in 2 deep terms, we are really talking about 4 positions in todays specialized NFL.

Inline TE- 1. Simms 2. Brauneckker 3. Shaheen
H TE- 1. Miller 2. Shaheen 3. House etc Maybe Shaheens potential versatility allows for 3, but he isn't ready for inline snaps.

Running back is same.

lead back 1. Howard 2. Langford 3. Dude from Tennesseee....Cobb?
scat back/3rd down 1. Cunningham 2. Cohen 3. ?