The Bears Trade Up: Remydat's Revenge

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Again I have no idea what you are trying to say. The Browns could not trade up with 2 3rd round picks because they had the 12th pick. The Bears could because they had the 2nd pick. What one gives up to trade up depends on how far you are trying to trade up.

And Pace did not get fleeced so again I have no idea what you are trying to say.

So what point are you trying to make. Think carefully and hard and try to string together 2 or 3 sentences that explains what you are tying to get at.

Exactly, the Browns could not or would not trade up to 2.
But Pace was always going to trade up to 2 to guarantee Trubisky.
So, the question becomes how much does Pace pay the 49ers - would they have taken just one 3rd rounder?

But also look at this from the Browns whining:
They did not expect the Bears to take Trubisky.
The Browns had a deal with the Titans to move up to 5 to take Trubisky.
Flat out, the Browns were fooled by Pace because the Browns definitely thought they could take Trubisky at 5.
The Browns did not fool Pace into over-paying the 49ers, since Pace was ALWAYS going to move up to 2.
Pace deliberately created the smokescreen to get Trubisky for free at 3, but he wanted the insurance to get him at 2.
If Haslam and Sashi Brown found out about Pace, they would have almost certainly increased their offer for number 2,
possibly as much as the Wentz deal.
We don't know why trade talks between the 49ers and the Browns fell apart, but it may be that the 49ers wanted to stay in
the top 10. So it would require way too much for the Browns to move up to 5 from the Titans, and then move up again to 2.

But if Haslam got into a bidding war with the 49ers, he could have come in at the last minute with at least 2 1st rounders - thereby eclipsing
what Pace offered. It is my opinion that Haslam was caught off-guard just like the rest of the media by Pace.

Flat out, Browns did not fool Pace into doing anything he wasn't already willing to do to trade up with the 49ers.
Peter King is wrong in his opinion.