1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nice win!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Lackey hasn't even been bad just given up too many HRs. Prior to tonight he had a 21.6% HR/FB rate for a guy who's career numbers there are 10%. His xFIP this year because of that is 3.33. His K/9 and BB/9 right now are cy young quality at 9.86 k/9 and 2.36 bb/9 respectively. Now he's probably not going to stay there but the fact of the matter is people are being way to worried. This is basically the same team as last year that won 100 games and the same team that could buy a win before last year's all star break. When they get going right they will be nearly unbeatable.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Dylan Floro sent back to Iowa
Candelerio here to stay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Nice for Lackey to finally show up for this team. Only other pitcher in history to shut out a team for that long with 10k's was Martinez.

I sure hope Candy stays so we dont have to see Stella at third base, but it might just be until Heyward gets back from the DL unless they are looking to flip Baez for a starter. Locally they were talking on CSN about if Happ got called up it might just be to showcase him for a trade. Cant see much difference with Candy.

czman

Liked Posts:
Nice for Lackey to finally show up for this team. Only other pitcher in history to shut out a team for that long with 10k's was Martinez.

I sure hope Candy stays so we dont have to see Stella at third base, but it might just be until Heyward gets back from the DL unless they are looking to flip Baez for a starter. Locally they were talking on CSN about if Happ got called up it might just be to showcase him for a trade. Cant see much difference with Candy.

At some point Schwarber and his negative fWAR need to be looked at as a huge liability. I am not saying he is going to fail as a player, but he is failing right now. He may need to go back to AAA. I know Rizzo had a year where he struggled and the Cubs just ate the bad year. It is a bit different now, as the team is not in throw away seasons. If Schwarber is going to hit 220 and play bad defense.................can they really start him all season?

I wonder if Happ could leadoff and play LF while Schwarber works it out in AAA. Not sure if AAA is the correct place for him to work it out.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

I haven't seen where it is posted that Candi was kept up. It makes plenty of sense to do so with Heyward on the DL.

Now Joe said Heyward can come off the 10 day on Monday which puts the team into another tough decision. Keep Candi and cause a log jam or return him. I'm thinking that his play would dictate that kind of a situation. But if Theo is marketing him for a deal for a long term pitching then that situation makes the most sense.

I personally would lead off with Jamier to max out his OBA skills and put Kyle down in the line up.

Something like Candi, Bryant, Rizzo, Zo, Heyward, Russell, Kyle, Contreras, pitcher. At that point they would have Baez, Almora and Jay for late game D adjustments.

That is if he takes off. I would target Q myself. Hann is open to dealing with the Cubs and the Cubs have enough talent to fill their needs.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Jon Jay, CF
Kris Bryant, RF
Kyle Schwarber, LF
Jeimer Candelario, 1B
Miguel Montero C
Addison Russell, SS
Tommy La Stella, 3B
Javy Baez, 2B
Kyle Hendricks, P

czman

Liked Posts:
Jon Jay, CF
Kris Bryant, RF
Kyle Schwarber, LF
Jeimer Candelario, 1B
Miguel Montero C
Addison Russell, SS
Tommy La Stella, 3B
Javy Baez, 2B
Kyle Hendricks, P

I like that Schwarber is moved down in the lineup. I Hope that when Rizzo starts again We same the same thing.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I like that Schwarber is moved down in the lineup. I Hope that when Rizzo starts again We same the same thing.

With the way Jay and Almora have hit I honestly wouldn't mind seeing either in the lead off spot.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen where it is posted that Candi was kept up. It makes plenty of sense to do so with Heyward on the DL.

Now Joe said Heyward can come off the 10 day on Monday which puts the team into another tough decision. Keep Candi and cause a log jam or return him. I'm thinking that his play would dictate that kind of a situation. But if Theo is marketing him for a deal for a long term pitching then that situation makes the most sense.

I personally would lead off with Jamier to max out his OBA skills and put Kyle down in the line up.

Something like Candi, Bryant, Rizzo, Zo, Heyward, Russell, Kyle, Contreras, pitcher. At that point they would have Baez, Almora and Jay for late game D adjustments.

That is if he takes off. I would target Q myself. Hann is open to dealing with the Cubs and the Cubs have enough talent to fill their needs.

I still think Quintana will cost too much, but if they could get him I'd love it. He's cost controlled so they could still afford to sign someone in FA next winter. A top 4 of Darvish, Lester, Quintana and Hendricks would look good to me. Still I think any cost controlled starter will cost at least Happ and Jimenez.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I still think Quintana will cost too much, but if they could get him I'd love it. He's cost controlled so they could still afford to sign someone in FA next winter. A top 4 of Darvish, Lester, Quintana and Hendricks would look good to me. Still I think any cost controlled starter will cost at least Happ and Jimenez.
I think they would prefer to keep Happ and trade Baez ..

He may not be a defensive gem like Baez but if he just average he'd be ok, cause they probably feel he will be a better avg./obp guy then Baez.
Plus he a SH

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Say they offered Caratini, Candy and a choice.

They are set in the MI. 3B is Frazer. They could bag him. C prospect is not near with the D. So Caratini is a match.

For sure they would ask for Jimenez and it would be tempting to make that offer. But i can see the Cubs giving up 2 of their top 10 with a near 20 player/pitcher. That is a fair offer. If they start with Eloy then the package lessens in add ons. Maybe a pitcher like Stennett as a add on with another arm of that level.

If it is me I would go after the 2 SH's and try to pry a quality 3rd guy. Saying good players but not a superstar talent. Then shoot for DJ Wilson.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

He may not be a defensive gem like Baez but if he just average he'd be ok, cause they probably feel he will be a better avg./obp guy then Baez.
Plus he a SH

This has basically been my take for awhile now though I would point out in the current iteration of the cubs Baez is the only SS they have backing up Russell. So, I'm not entirely sure this sort of deal makes sense in 2017 at least maybe not til the offseason. I suppose you could move around several pieces and pick up a utility guy but might be harder to do that than stated.

My current thoughts lie more with Tampa. They are 16-19 and are looking exceedingly out of things with the yankees being closer to contention than people thought and baltimore at the moment being the best team in baseball win% wise. I think it's honestly going to be difficult for them not to deal Archer. He'll be under contract another 3 years after 2017 and given the current state of the Rays it's hard to envision them being competitive in those years with very little money to spend. I imagine any conversation for him starts with Eloy and probably Happ/Baez but given the current need for a starter and given Arrieta/Lackey likely departing I personally would be ok securing him for another 3.5 years depending on what else is on top of those 2 players.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:

Plus he a SH

Maybe, it wouldn't shock me but Maddon loves Baez and having a guy that can sub at SS keeps you away from the weak hitting replacement level guys taking a roster spot.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Damn..
Being no hit in Colorado by a guy with an ERA over 5

WTF
LetsGo

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This has basically been my take for awhile now though I would point out in the current iteration of the cubs Baez is the only SS they have backing up Russell. So, I'm not entirely sure this sort of deal makes sense in 2017 at least maybe not til the offseason. I suppose you could move around several pieces and pick up a utility guy but might be harder to do that than stated.

My current thoughts lie more with Tampa. They are 16-19 and are looking exceedingly out of things with the yankees being closer to contention than people thought and baltimore at the moment being the best team in baseball win% wise. I think it's honestly going to be difficult for them not to deal Archer. He'll be under contract another 3 years after 2017 and given the current state of the Rays it's hard to envision them being competitive in those years with very little money to spend. I imagine any conversation for him starts with Eloy and probably Happ/Baez but given the current need for a starter and given Arrieta/Lackey likely departing I personally would be ok securing him for another 3.5 years depending on what else is on top of those 2 players.

I think they'd prefer Archer over Quintana..

They could always bring up Chesny Young 2B SS 3B as back up..

Caratini Baez Cease or another pitching prospect for Archer

me... If it would lessen the package given up, I'd trade Schwarber for either Quintana or Archer

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

chibears55

Liked Posts:
7th time through rotation they got good starts from
Lester 7 IP 1 ER
Lackey 7 IP 0 ER
Hendricks 6.1 IP 0 ER
And looking to only win 1 of those 3 starts..

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk